It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this what people call a lucid dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
OK, i have been reading here for a while and find this an interesting site with SOME very informed posters.

This is my story:

I was very ill about 4 years ago and nearly died of liver failure due to alcohol abuse and after reading a lot of stuff on the web i thought i wouldn't make it to the age of 40.

Anyhow a few weeks after i had recovered and returned home i had this really vivid dream about this girl called Eleanor who told me that i was going to be all right. I remember seeing a picture in this dream of Eleanor and her boyfriend (i think?) next to a motorbike and it looked as though it was taken in the 60s or 70s. I have never had a dream similar to this, it was so real and when i woke up i felt on top of the world about having this dream, is there anyone on here who has felt anything similar?

By the way i made my 40th birthday a few weeks ago

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Glad to hear that u made it to 40.
I don't think what you described is a lucid dream.
Generally a lucid dream is a one where the actor knows he/she is dreaming. At that point its possible to take control of the dream and do whatever one desires. So if you were very aware of the fact that you were dreaming then I believe it could definately be called lucid. We may have dreams that are very powerful and feel real, however during them we may not know that we are dreaming and these don't fall in the lucid category.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
ok thanks for that, so was it my guardian angel or what else could it be?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Hi Outofdarkness, If I could make a suggestion here, I would try to re-contact that dream to delve into it further. It might have some meaning to it for you. I would write the peoples names down on a sheet of paper and a breif note to yourself what you would like to talk to her about before bed, and affirm to yourself that it is possible to interact with people in your dreams. This method has worked for me before.

As far as it being your gurdian angel im not sure but that question may be answered in your next dream.Symbolism is a big part of the language of the astral, and may explain the motorbike and late 60's feel you described.
Good Luck and Sweet dreams!
Parker

top topics

join