It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda using Shariah Law vs US Constitution. WHAT?!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Today I was away from home for a few hours, and when I returned, I noticed there was some rubbish that had been blown into my yard. A broken styrofoam cup, part of a toy package, a plastic packaging sleeve, and this BROCHURE...

Titled "How Would Your Life Be Different if we exhanged the Constitution for Shariah?"

A two-sided, slick page like a magazine page would be, 8.5x11, with color ink. It has three columns.

Individual Rights is the header for the first section in the first colum. It cites the topics "conversion from Islam", "defaming Islam" and "interfaith marriage." And it points out these are the rights of the First Amendment (of the US Constitution).

Second column has (again in red) Islamic Shariah and sites the punishments of death, death, and forbidden interfaith marriage.

Third column is (not in red) United States Law, and how these three rights are "protected," "protected," and "with minor exceptions such as age or [incest], protected."

Now, I did not get very far, only really skimmed it. But this was BLOWING AROUND in my yard. It goes on to discuss Criminal Law, Family Law, (more) Family Law, and Miscellaneous in the first colum. The "Shariah Law" column shows penalties of death and mutilation, stonings, and rules regarding forced marriage, polygamy, the allowed "Honor Killings", women regarded as "half" a person, and also shows domestic violence, marital rape, and rape as allowed, and divorce as allowed only if initiated by a man.

On the reverse it says:

Dear fellow member of the ACLJ,

I am no alarmist, but the advance of Shariah law upon the U.S. judicial system is certainly cause for alarm.

If this brutal system gains ground, our liverties -- our very lives, as Christians -- will literally be in danger.

Please stand with the ACLF to fight back against this enormous and complicated threat to our faith and our freedoms.

Sign and return the petition, and give as generously as you can.

As you're able to give $35 or more, please reaquest our new book, Shariah in America: Islamic Shariah's Threat to American Liberty. It will help you see this threat for what it really is and equip you to stand your ground, as a Christian and as an American.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
signed [Jay].

I was alarmed by the HATRED and PROPAGANDA on this slick little solicitation. The "petition" was not included in th blowing rubbish, but I went to the website of the publisher, ACLJ.

I had to dig around in the "petitions" section and found this page: Know the Danger of Shariah Law.

You don't get to view the petition without signing up with your name, address, etc.

NO FREAKING WAY I'm doing that, so all I can do is transcribe the slick ad, and provide this link.

The situation in the Middle East is getting more dangerous with each day. Radical Islam is on the march - dedicated to destroying freedom, democracy, our way of life. And, now, the threats escalate on Israel’s borders and the Palestinian Authority is preparing to use the United Nations to create its own state. Our focus must be on protecting Israel, our nation's most important ally.

In order to understand this ongoing threat to our allies and our freedoms, we need to understand what's behind the radical Islamic extremists and how the basis of Islamic law is fundamentally in conflict with the U.S. Constitution, and our way of life. That's why we want you to have a special resource - free - our gift to you: a booklet entitled: "Sharia Law: Radical Islam's Threat to the U.S. Constitution". Order your free copy online now.

THIS BOTHERS ME, ATS!
REALLY bothers me. Not only can you not see their petition anonymously, but you don't get the "booklet" unless you send them......$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I think the money-grubbing, corruption and propaganda are self-evident here...but I ask respectfully those of you on ATS who are Muslim, to please present your side of the case against this outrageously inflammatory document and it's fear tactics, aimed at conservative Christians, and backed by Pat Robertson. Or is it Pat Roberts? I don't know. You guys tell me.

--wt
edit on 7-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I was just on another thread about how God talks to Pat Robertson! Anyway, I've read an English translation of the Quran and I'd say that what you outlined from that pamphlet about Shariah is accurate. Our legal system is completely incompatible with Shariah, unless you put the church back into the state and have a theocracy. I can't say if the "threat" is as great as Pat would have us believe, but I highly doubt it.

Edit to add: I think it is disturbing how they try to use this propaganda to support Israel. Pat is a far right political tool used to influence the Bible belt types.
edit on 7-1-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If anyone is interested in learning the truth about Shariah law I do have a thread on it, yes the info is correct about the Koran, and it is much bigger than that. Also I highly recommend the web site and radio show www.radiojihad.org they broadcast on blog talk radio 6 nights a week. These people that run radio jihad are all scholars of Islam and they tell you exactly how it is.

My thread on Shariah vs constitution www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-1-2012 by drmeola because: add link

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

As far as I am concerned...it will be a cold day in hades
before Americans will replace the Constitution with sharia
law.
www.anti-cair-net.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
*** copied from other thread on same subject ***

Shariah Law is valid.

1. You have to study Sharia Law and decide of your own free will that it makes sense. Then you are obligated under it.

That considered, how many laws are you bound by without your consideration and consent under the Laws established by the Constitution?

Which is better, having the opportunity to study the law and make a choice, or be a slave who is bound by laws he does not even know?

2. Muslims ARE instructed to take sharia law to all nations, but they are not to force sharia law on anyone. It is a choice.

3. Sharia Law is only valid till the day of judgement.

So, don't worry, it won't be an issue soon.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Okay, so I have IAMAM, who says Shariah law is valid per the Koran.

and a thread from 2+ years ago from drmeloa .(sorry if you feel I hijacked or derailed your thread), ..

I am asking for Muslims who are practicing TODAY, to respond to this inflammatory brochure of 2011 that blew on the wind into my shrubbery.

and MichiganSwampBuck,

Edit to add: I think it is disturbing how they try to use this propaganda to support Israel. Pat is a far right political tool used to influence the Bible belt types.

and mamabeth: cold day in hades...

I want to thank all of you for responding.
Nevertheless, I am interested to know how ATS views this brochure and petition that is blowing around in the hood....
today. I find it offensive, and I'm not a conservative Christian, nor am I a muslim....

edit on 7-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Hypocrisy and Ignorance alive and well in the USA...

Uphold the Constitution til death?? or only when it suits a purpose or agenda?

Totally manipulated.

The US already has Jewish Law, and Jewish Courts!

Beth Din of America

Beth Din of America is a rabbinical court serving affiliated and unaffiliated Jews, including the entire spectrum of the Orthodox Jewish community.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Judaism and Islam are not the same thing.
But thanks for reading and posting.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Okay, so I have IAMAM, who says Shariah law is valid per the Koran.

I did not say Sharia Law is valid per the Koran.

I said Sharia Law is valid and gave MY reasoning.

I have never read the Koran.

I do not need to to know God.

On your topic, nationalism is always at war with the word of God. You cannot serve two masters. Do you serve God, or your nation? Do you serve God, or money?

These are questions one must ask and answer of themselves, but there is no doubt the government wars against God.

What if God reveals to you that certain plants are good for you?

What if God reveals to you that it is ok to walk the world naked?

What if God reveals to you that you can have more than one wife or that you are better fitted for your own sex?

The belief is that there is a seperation of church and state. The secret is the state IS the church in this world.

You do not decide what you can do. The government has set the rules before you were born.

Your choice is to do as they say, or do as your conscience says.

Religion, Money, and State power are all heads of the same beast which aims to keep you in bondage.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 8-1-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't have too much to contribute here, but I'm a bit surprised that some trash on someones lawn has caused such concern.

Personally, I'm not very concerned about the incursion of Sharia law into the US judicial system. I don't even think that we are close to the most minute steps towards that.

On the other hand, there has been ingress by proponents of Sharia law into western nations in western Europe. If we look there and see a blueprint for our future, than I would say that it may be something that we should keep on our radar, but not be concerned about for quite some time.

Eric

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Which is better, having the opportunity to study the law and make a choice, or be a slave who is bound by laws he does not even know?

2. Muslims ARE instructed to take sharia law to all nations, but they are not to force sharia law on anyone. It is a choice.

And that's fine...I do understand from others who follow Islam that it is a personal choice to embrace the faith, and that they have no spiritual "leader."

Thanks for your clarification on that.

Certainly having the opportunity to study the law is better than being a slave bound by laws he does not know. In my opinion, that's the basic idea behind "If i don't know the rules, how can I play (let alone win) the game?" It's not a fair game at all. And especially when someone decides to "change" the rules, but doesn't tell you, and then punished you for violating them.

I was alarmed by the brochure because it is a direct attack on Islam without their informed consent, and is using fear to generate money and votes.

--wt

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

I don't have too much to contribute here, but I'm a bit surprised that some trash on someones lawn has caused such concern.

Personally, I'm not very concerned about the incursion of Sharia law into the US judicial system. I don't even think that we are close to the most minute steps towards that.

I am not really "concerned", but I am alarmed that someone would distribute this information without elucidating the source and making it clear that one has a choice. It was presented in a way that solicits an "OMG!!
" response, and then asks for money and a sign-up to their cause. That is the part that concerns me...
and alarmed me.

I am not persuaded by such things. But it did blow into my yard, and when I think of whomever's trash it came from, I wory that the message on it is indeed being taken to heart by frightened people with the penchant for "throwing money" or "votes" to someone who has made such a presentation.

Hope that makes sense.
Namaste

--wt

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Posting because it reminded me of the Shariah4America website. Be sure to check out the "Washington" and "New York" sections of the site. Complete polar opposite of the brochure there, but still: pretty funny. Their plan for the Washington Monument utilizes the pointiness aspect of the structure, as highlighted in this passage:

If an individual is found guilty of paedophilia in Islam, then he or she will be impaled on a sharp spike, known in Arabic as the Kashabah, and left until death overcomes them.

I will let your imagination fill in the rest of the details.

Seraph

new topics

top topics

join