It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel vows to treat hackers like other 'terrorists'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Israel vows to treat hackers like other 'terrorists'

www.rawstory.com

Israel said on Saturday that it will respond to cyber-attacks in the same way it responds to violent “terrorist” acts, by striking back with force against hackers who threaten the Jewish state.

The message from Deputy Foreign Minister Dany Ayalon came after a self-defined “Saudi hacker” from a cabal known as “group-xp” published details of more than 6,000 Israeli credit cards online.

“It is necessary to send a message to everyone who attacks or tries to attack Israel, including in cyberspace,” Ayalon said in quotes published widely in Israeli media.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I havent heard of the Group-xp sounds like a bad name thought up by the Israeli's to get backing for their own Internet censorship bill.

Ayalon also applauded the United States for declaring that “all attacks in their cyberspace will be considered as a declaration of war and they will react as if it had been a missile attack.”

this entire message from Israel seems to based off of one hacker from the group-xp. named online as 0xOmar, a 19-year-old Mexican waiter called Omar Habib.

who released details of 400k israeli Credit card numbers of which only 14K are said to be valid.

this seems a bit too coincidental when america is going full force against freedom of speech both on and off of the internet and Only gives more credibility that Obama and the US Gov. are in the Pocket of Israel and pushing the Israeli Agenda both in the US and in other Occupied countries.

this looks like the start of a silent war on the people Via the Internet.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Huh?

Israel said on Saturday that it will respond to cyber-attacks in the same way it responds to violent “terrorist” acts, by striking back with force against hackers who threaten the Jewish state.

Okay, this is the language used against the PLO/PLA, Hamas and Hezbollah. What are they going to do?? Send a flight of F-16's to attack the village of the hacker or what?

That language is more than disturbing, it's downright scary. Israel doesn't usually toss around such terms lightly...I hope this makes the exception to that rule because what it suggests is utterly insane!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thats because it was raided earlier on today and its defenses were trashed...oh oh so many millions and stolen cyber technology and it couldn't hold back the cave dwellers ....oh well...who can we blame anonymous...but they live within the u.s. or the majority does, so do we launch missiles at america ?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is dumb. Now every hacker who would like to look cool would attack Israeli computer systems. Guys at the top should go easier on testosterone.
Yes ,there was an attack. Yes, whoever did it should be found and legally persecuted. Chest beating is not only stupid but it is actually counterproductive.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Huh?

Okay, this is the language used against the PLO/PLA, Hamas and Hezbollah. What are they going to do?? Send a flight of F-16's to attack the village of the hacker or what?

That language is more than disturbing, it's downright scary. Israel doesn't usually toss around such terms lightly...I hope this makes the exception to that rule because what it suggests is utterly insane!

Thats a great point I didnt realize that is the exact phrase they use against the PLO.PLA WOW...

and again you are right they DONT usually make empty threats. I fear a headline in the next week saying "Israel traces hacker attack to John America in Virginia".. scary thought that would get the ball rolling for the US Gov to take action in Israels name here in the US. thanks for the reply. Whiterabbit.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I wonder how Israel plan to wage war on thirteen year old virgins with nothing better to do on a Saturday night.

Seems like Israel are grasping at straws, trying to find another "poor me" excuse in order to justify spending more money on their military.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Huh?

silly Wrabbit, no fear!

by essentially saying "we will send our death squads to exterminate hackers"
both the US and israel have upped the ante beyond their own ability
as both countries are still using 3Gen warfare [they suck balls at 4Gen]

now any hacker that wants to hack israel or us knows [s]he
has to go for the jugular and use Scorched Earth Protocols
remember stuxnet? pffft

how about causing a meltdown or a dam to open it's floodgates, or crash takeover their defense systems and get the Big Screen to show an all out attack when none is occurring...

or vice versa

that kind of thing

welcome to the 21st century

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
I wonder how Israel plan to wage war on thirteen year old virgins with nothing better to do on a Saturday night.

Seems like Israel are grasping at straws, trying to find another "poor me" excuse in order to justify spending more money on their military.

L
L,
don't you mean sponging more off uncle sugar?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

" Israel said on Saturday that it will respond to cyber-attacks in the same way it responds to violent “terrorist” acts, by striking back with force against hackers who threaten the Jewish state. "

Would their reaction Change if it was found that Members of their own Jewish State happen to be Guilty of that Offense ? This Questionable Article is Implying that Non Members of the Jewish State of Israel are the Most Likely Suspects for being Terrorists . An Arrogant Asumption on their part IMO .......

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thats because it was raided earlier on today and its defenses were trashed...oh oh so many millions and stolen cyber technology and it couldn't hold back the cave dwellers ....oh well...who can we blame anonymous...but they live within the u.s. or the majority does, so do we launch missiles at america ?

Wouldn't be the first time Israel attacked american forces unprovoked...a ship named U.S.S. Liberty comes to mind....all the crew that got killed comes to mind too.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The term 'terrorist' seems to be, since its 'official' introduction, being used in more and more instances and circumstances to demonise dissent of any nature.

This story is unsurprising, and from Israel...surprise, surprise...

Akushla

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I wish Israel would just be quiet, they're giving me a headache since a long while now. Once they cross a certain line even the US will not protect them anymore. The regime's days are numbered, not the people.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I hadn't thought about it that way, but you're right. This does raise the ante and almost throw down a challenge to the top tier of hackers. That could be interesting to see play out.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
as much as i would love to play with words but we know for a fact that

russians hackers have cyber sexed israel
turkish hackers have cyber sexed israel
american hackers have cyber sexed israel
chinese hackers have cyber sexed israel
australian hackers have cyber sexed israel
german hackers have cyber sexed israel
french hackers have cyber sexed israel
-
saudi hackers have cyber sexed israel
croation hackers have cyber sexed israel
serbian hackers have cyber sexed israel
algerian hackres have cyber sexed israel
estonian hackers have cyber sexed israel
syrian hackers have cyber sexed israel
pallestine hackers have cyber sexed israel
s.korean have cyber sexed israel
n.korean have cyber sexed israel
new zealand have cyber sexed israel
holland have cyber sexed israel
denmark have cyber sexec israel
norwegian have cyber sexed israel ( real bad ass group )

So hey israel, there you go you have the official list, no need to freak out with press releases...go ahead and take your pick
edit on 7-1-2012 by cerebralassassins because: adding to the list

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
and ? israel treats everyone who isnt israeli like a terrorist.. nothing new there..

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It was initially said the hacker was from Saudi Arabia; now they think he may be from Mexico.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This is rather Ironic, since some of the best hackers on the planet work for and within the Mossad.

IMO

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

i would say the best crackers work for the gov but the best algorithms used by individuals to enter secure cyber locations are exclusively freelancers, this is why it is a daunting to task for them to either arrest or recruit such individuals who on many occasions are never identified.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
In the same breath can we say the same about Stuxnet virus or are the rules different?

new topics

top topics

join