It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National police Misconduct News Feed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hi don't know if this is the right section but if not feel free to move.

Just found this website called injustice everywhere. It has a news feed specifically for showing police misconduct around the USA daily.

InjusticeEverywere

These are all just from yesterday..

National Police Misconduct NewsFeed Daily Recap 01-06-12
January 7th, 2012

Here are the 28 reports of police misconduct tracked in our National police Misconduct News Feed for this Friday, January 6, 2012:

RCMP settled a lawsuit for an unspecified sum to the family of a First Nations man fatally shot by a Mountie in an incident a review commission determined was caused by “errors in judgment”.

Tallahassee FL settles suit for $2.6mil to the family of a female police informant who was shot to death during a drug sting.

Humphreys Co TN sued by man who suffered broken ribs and a punctured lung when he was allegedly beaten, tasered, and stripped naked in the snow in an incident partially caught on dashcam video.

That's a lot of Misconduct for just one day. You can look through the past month and its around the same.

28 Reports just from Friday, and these are just the cops that got caught.

If you ask me we have an epidemic on our hands. Something needs to be done about this.
It's not really the police that are the target but the institution. The jail and court systems are a disgusting way to deal with crimes in America.

The truth is when people are given power they tend to abuse it.
I know not all cops are bad, but there are way way to many bad ones out there.

The sad thing is that with most of these officers wrong doings there is an attempt to cover it up.

POSTING WORK WRITTEN BY OTHERS
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.
edit on January 7th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2012 by dankety because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
OP, please add a source link to your post

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Forgot the link but could you please "ex-post" the original content that was removed. It took time to edit the information and put it on the thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I check out Injustice Everywhere several times a week, if not daily. They just released their Worst Police Misconduct Videos of 2011. #5 just made my blood boil. They say the police did nothing wrong there, but they want to arrest the person who released the video. Videos like that make me think we should start perfoming citizens arrests on cops like that, and if they resist arrest they should be subject to the same police-approved arrest proceedures. Even if they don't resist, you can always say they took a menacing stance and you were afraid for your life. That excuse seems to work for cops.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Yea its a pretty informative site just found it today. It was the worst misconduct videos title from another website that forwarded me to injustice.

This stuff makes my blood boil. Just watched the 1st video of the worst misconduct videos of 2010. It was awful..... it's sad that we have so many armed thugs walking around.

new topics

top topics

join