It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative Source of Fuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hey, I found this article proposing the idea that hemp would be an ideal source of fuel for not only large energy consuming countries but the world as a whole as well. I'm curious to hear what all of you have to say about this issue.

Here's the link:

www.hempcar.org...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I was going to start a thread with this but thought not, as discussion on drugs is frowned at here, but i reckon it has some relevance to your post.

It could well be that in later times the cannabis smoke had somewhat mellowed the Scythians, and their spiritual leaders directed them towards becoming a more civilized people. The ancient Greek historian Ephorus wrote in the fourth century BC that the Scythians 'feed on mares milk and excel all men in justice'. His comments were followed in the first century BC by Strabo, who wrote that 'we regard the Scythians as the most just of men and the least prone to mischief, as
also far more frugal and independent of others than we are.'

www.room23.de...

Ancient Greeks Praised cannabis smoking society for being more just, civilized and independent. They also commented on their clothes, which were made of hemp.

Hemp has so much to offer not just spiritually but economically. Hemp can be used for so many things.

supak.com...

I become more and more dismayed that people remain ignorant of this fact, preferring to see cannabis as a bad thing. This concept is a direct result of brainwashing.

It is well known that most leaders and innovators past and present would often participate in the casual use of cannabis, yet this is denied to the people. In reading threads here that have touched on the subject i have noticed that the argument for the casual use of cannabis always wins over those who argue against especially when alcohol abuse comes into it.

I do now consider the oppression of cannabis and the use of industrial hemp a serious crime towards humanity.

"Oh sh*t man this world could be such a better place"

[edit on 11-9-2004 by kode]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I absolutely agree with ya. I think if we starting using hemp and the hundreds maybe even thousands of benefits that accompany it, the only thing the world would do is prosper. The advantages you get when relying on a renewable resource such as hemp range anwhere from food and fuel to medicine and clothing. After reading much about it, no real disadvantages have been discovered about it, other than the fact that its associated with pot, but thats another story and in reality I personally don't see anything wrong with it being associated with that either. I liked that fact that you pointed out that much of the information or propaganda if you will regarding pot/hemp have in fact changed the perspective of which so many people look at it. So many people think of pot as good when in fact they know nothing about it. They are unfamiliar with the other ways in which it can be used and implemented into society. It's not really their fault though, when you realize that they are living in America where you're not going to get the true side of any situation. The reason no one realizes the potential hemp poses is because the information has been suppressed. Any normal human being, after being introduced to what hemp can accomplish would undoubtedly support the use of it. I mean think of it this way...If 6% of America's landmass was set aside specifically for the cultivation of hemp, the biofuel that is created from could fuel the entire country. When using hemp you get no negative byproducts like you do when you use gasoline or coal. I suggest all of you to read up on it because it really good change the world for the better.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
About time someone said something.
MajicEyes wtg

I guess when the oil runs out they will turn to hemp. But not until its all gone. Lets hope it runs out soon. I can almost smell the clean air now.
Let the demon oil be gone from our lands for ever more. 911 should have been more of a wake up call. Most of the terrorist were from oil producing countrys. We should have cut them off right then and there. But no we continue to fill their pockets with money. Welcome to crazy world.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hemp actually burns way hotter than coal or oil, but think of the pollution.

People who be standing outside the chimneys and inhaling.

Seriously though when the cops up here bust a big grow op they give the evidence after it is used to the mills etc. to burn in their boilers.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
All I've got to say is if they ever build a hemp power station....I wanna be the one "monitoring" the cooling towers

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajicEyes
Hey, I found this article proposing the idea that hemp would be an ideal source of fuel for not only large energy consuming countries but the world as a whole as well. I'm curious to hear what all of you have to say about this issue.

Here's the link:

www.hempcar.org...

There are electric cars, supposedly magnetic,air, and water fueled cars...and now hemp?

The next ten years are going to be painful but the companies that forcibly withhold technology like this from the public will only prolong our pain along with theirs.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Industrial Hemp has NO-WHERE near the levels of THC as does that which is used recreationally. You could burn it by the ton, and not get a buzz..

AS for the applications, you can use as fuel oil, cloth, paper, fiber for making canvas or rope. Hell the Founding Fathers of this nation (Washington , Jefferson, Franklin) all owned fairly large Hemp Plantations...
The "Commercial" uses far outway the "Moral Majority" belief that all Hemp is, is a gateway drug for future junkies...
If they actually looked at the High (no pun intended) growth rate of the plant, you can harvest 3-4 times the amount of commercial hemp as you can of cotton. Not to mention, you can use it in dozens of more useful ways...

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
sounds like the car off of that cheech and chong move- up in smoke.. lol

new topics

top topics

join