ABC New Hampshire Debate Tonight

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKTruth

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
The auditorium seats are still warm and already the MSM is declaring Romney the "winner" as though a debate like this can have a clear winner. Every candidate said something most people can agree with. The thing I find amazing is that Romney is such a polished politician, he can deliver a two-minute answer and not say a goddamn thing.

"We need to balance trade".. HOW, Mitt?

"We need to strengthen our economy"... No kidding, Mitt, and how do you propose we do that?

The man speaks in soundbites and has no substance whatsoever.

I listened with incredulity at his pathetic 'pursuit of happiness' speech. The guy is an idiot with no plan.

I think the reference to the "pursuit of happiness" was due to Ron Paul bringing the Constitution to the debate

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
they are all Keynesian inflationists except for Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

If speaking Chinese is your only attack against Huntsman than I suggest you join the real world. Knowing Chinese is almost a boost on any resume and he does it without a script!!!!

Also I suggest you look at the other candidates Huntsman is the best out of all of them and he and Ron Paul have a good relationship.
edit on 7-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Pretty good debate, i'd say paul won by romney, newt, santorum, huntsman, perry/.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate
they are all Keynesian inflationists except for Ron Paul

They are Keynesians? They can't be something they don't even know exists!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

It's a symbol of the Grateful Dead. The music group.. Never mind..

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

“The ideas of economists and political philosophers, both when they are right and when they are wrong, are more powerful than is commonly understood. Indeed the world is ruled by little else. Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." -- John Maynard Keynes

thinkexist.com...

I meant it more like that.

They think Milton Freidman wasn't a Keynesian becasue he was a Republican.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKTruth

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
The auditorium seats are still warm and already the MSM is declaring Romney the "winner" as though a debate like this can have a clear winner. Every candidate said something most people can agree with. The thing I find amazing is that Romney is such a polished politician, he can deliver a two-minute answer and not say a goddamn thing.

"We need to balance trade".. HOW, Mitt?

"We need to strengthen our economy"... No kidding, Mitt, and how do you propose we do that?

The man speaks in soundbites and has no substance whatsoever.

I listened with incredulity at his pathetic 'pursuit of happiness' speech. The guy is an idiot with no plan.

Unfortunately he probably got a lot of traction with dumb people with that drivel.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
They made a good point on ABC actually. Throughout this whole campaign Ron Paul has not really attacked Mitt Romney. Of course he has lump them all together as statist types but when you compare that to what he did to Newt Gingrich and now what he is doing to Rick Santorum, well there really is no comparison. The Paul campaign has almost singly handedly destroyed the Gingrich campaign and now is working on taking out Santorum’s campaign. Yet has been quiet about the most important man in the campaign: Mitt Romney. But why is that?

Is Ron Paul thinking that by taking out all the non – Romney’s he will emerge as the sole ‘I am not Mitt’ in the race? Does Paul actually believe that Mitt is the least dangerous in the campaign, i.e. know something we do not? There really is no explanation I can think of.

I have noticed this for the past month...been quietly observing...seeing if any Ron Paul supporters would bring it up...they haven't. They are so tied up in fighting again

There really is no explanation for it at all...unless he is scared of Romney. Romney has a ton of money...maybe he thinks that if he goes after him, then Romney will let loose his Super PACS on him and sink him for good.

Ron Paul is picking fights with people with less money...notice he isn't really going after Perry that much either. He is also only going after those that are threaten to take over his 2nd or 3rd place finishes...it's almost as if he doesn't care to win...but wants to have a strong showing as 2nd or 3rd.

I haven't watched the debate yet...but thought this was worth commenting on before I dive into the debate.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--
edit on Sun Jan 8 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well, I'm 2/3rds into the debate (have it on dvr, saturday night debates are dumb).

And is it just me or does it seem like everyone is kissing up to Romney. No one is really going after him, but I've seen a few compliments thrown his way. I even saw Santorum look for approval from Romney regarding one of his positions.

I saw people claiming Ron Paul was smashing the others...which I should of known meant he wasn't...because wow...Ron Paul is looking bad tonight...he is just not putting his thoughts together. I know, I know...I just am a Ron Paul basher...but go ahead and check the previous debate threads...I gave him credit when it was due. He just isn't doing a good job tonight.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I was a pilot , my dad sold firewood .

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Ron Paul destroyed tonight. One shot after another, Gingrich-down, Santorum-down. That was his focus and he accomplished those goals.

There is a reason why he isn't attacking Romney and Romney isn't attacking him (Romney even praised him tonight, like last debate).

They are playing the same game. Ron is knocking everybody else out so it is Paul vs Romney. The conservative vs the moderate. Paul camp thinks he can beat Romney if there are no distractions and Romney camp thinks the same.

Ron Paul is the only one that is capable of beating Obama because he pulls dems and indies his way, he stomps Obama with his anti-war/ REAL change positions based off proven consistency. Who will vote Obama (Romney) vs Obama? ......think about it.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Not doing a good job? Almost all the questions they asked him are the typical "Your crazy stance on Iran", "Will you run as independent.", "What about your racist newsletters.", defend defend defend. And he still pulled the answers off quite eloquently. As for you being a Ron Paul basher, yes --- yes you are. You literally take every chance you get to degrade Ron Paul and his supporters. In EVERY thread even related to Ron Paul, indirectly or directly.

You seem like a relatively intelligent poster. But you support Obama for 2012 so. I'm perplexed by this anomaly.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Overall, I think this debate was alright. Nothing too horrible, and nothing too good at the same time. Jon Huntsman put up a pretty good fight, atleast when he was going against Romney on trade with China, and also being a less of a warhawk compared to everyone else (besides Paul). Paul put Gingrich in his place when talking about the draft for Vietnam. Im hoping the MSM will pick up that fight and blast Newt on that. One other thing Paul did that I liked, was when he called Santorum's legislative history into question. To me, it wasnt too much to handle for Santorum, but it broke the ice, since nobody for the past few months (MSM and the candidates in the debates) have really gone after his record.

ETA - As others have pointed out, Paul hasnt gone after Romney, and leads to the question.. is Paul knocking everyone else down so it is Paul v Romney? I also think this may be what he is doing. Gingrich is already in a free fall, because of everyones negative ads, plus Pauls criticism of Newt tonight on Vietnam may hurt a bunch, and now Paul is going for Santorum. He began the attacks on him tonight, and I wouldnt be suprised if a few more ads come out on TV attacking Santorum.
edit on 8-1-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
another debate comes on in 2 hours!!

www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com...

January 8, 2012 9am ET/PT on NBC and 9am ET / 6am PT on MSNBC (Yes, am) – Live Stream
Location: Chubb Theatre at the Capitol Center for the Arts in Concord, NH
Sponsor: NBC News, Facebook and the Union Leader
Participants: Santorum, Romney, Paul, Perry, Gingrich, Huntsman

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Ron Paul destroyed tonight. One shot after another, Gingrich-down, Santorum-down. That was his focus and he accomplished those goals.

There is a reason why he isn't attacking Romney and Romney isn't attacking him (Romney even praised him tonight, like last debate).

They are playing the same game. Ron is knocking everybody else out so it is Paul vs Romney. The conservative vs the moderate. Paul camp thinks he can beat Romney if there are no distractions and Romney camp thinks the same.

Ron Paul is the only one that is capable of beating Obama because he pulls dems and indies his way, he stomps Obama with his anti-war/ REAL change positions based off proven consistency. Who will vote Obama (Romney) vs Obama? ......think about it.

Absolutely right in my view.

Paul is trying to make this a two horse race. I think he is being very clever, letting Romney and Santorum argue.
Let your enemies destroy each other, and lend a helping hand to the strongest to destroy the weakest.

If this is his strategy then it is a brilliant one. I believe more of Santorums vote , for example, would go to Paul than Romney.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
You'd have to be mentally challenged to seriously consider any of the current GOP candidates. Not saying Obama's great, because he most certainly isn't, but those GOP clowns really do make him look like a saint. Quite said really, you can't win and essentially have to pick between clowns and bought sock puppets.

And no, RP Isn't a good alternative for obvious reasons...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
You'd have to be mentally challenged to seriously consider any of the current GOP candidates. Not saying Obama's great, because he most certainly isn't, but those GOP clowns really do make him look like a saint. Quite said really, you can't win and essentially have to pick between clowns and bought sock puppets.

And no, RP Isn't a good alternative for obvious reasons...

Enlighten us on the reasons that RP is not a good alternative to Obama.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well, that was a trainwreck. What a bunch of flailing muppets. No-one laid into Mittens, Santorum continues to foam at the mouth, Newt is still a ranting bigot, Huntsman is far too normal for the insane lunatics that seemed to have taken over the Republicans right now and Ron Paul remains Ron Paul, the man who thinks that the Civil Rights Act was a bad thing because it weakened states rights and who is fundamentally unelectable.
It was a shame that Bachmann wasn't there because I quite enjoy her swivel-eyed ignorance and stupidity.
Is this collection of idiots the best that the Republicans, the party of LIncoln and Eisenhower, can come up with???

new topics
top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join