It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC New Hampshire Debate Tonight

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

Liberal moderators asking Republicans double edged questions..........................

Whats not to like?

Haha that's funny.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Then he needs to adapt.

Ron needs to roll with this or else they're going to steamroll him.

If he can't fight to win, then he needs to go home.

And I say this as a Ron Paul supporter since 2003.

He knows more than all the others combined. He's written books and given lectures covering EVERY subject in detail.

But he can't recall it because of his nervous and frustrated demeanor.

He's going to keep losing ground if he looks like the "whining" contradictory good guy, with no specifics.

It's just the way things are. Don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I don't understand how knowing Chinese is a bad thing? What don't you understand about that? knowing the culture and knowing the language can only help in foreign affairs.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tesclo

Just watched it.... Scary. It seems that if Paul doesn't win the presidency then America goes to war with Iran.

I also noticed that Huntsman and Santorum got WAY more time than Paul, even though they are coming in far behind him in the polls.

edit on 7-1-2012 by MahtukYonder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
I don't understand how knowing Chinese is a bad thing? What don't you understand about that? knowing the culture and knowing the language can only help in foreign affairs.

Once again, doublespeak and word games.

Who ever said it was a bad thing, I asked why he spoke it in an American debate, in America. Specifically, how is that professional to try and speak Mandarin Chinese in an American debate to belittle another candidate?

Your right, I guess that could be a bad thing.
edit on 7-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MahtukYonder

Huntsman and Paul are tied in Paul's in NH because both appeal to dems and independents. It will be interesting on Tues.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

I don't know, but this is an American debate, in America. Generally people speak English on these debates so people can understand what they are saying. I wasn't commenting on Chinese culture or the price of tea in their country, I was commenting on the fact he spoke Chinese in an American debate.

They were talking about China and how each candidate understands it. Huntsman spoke Chinese and explained that he lived overseas and stuff. That proves that he has experience. Nothing bad about that in my experience.

That was probably his favorite meal off a Chinese menu....

link   
Santorum and Huntsman not only got more airtime but the analysis basically suggested it was Santorum vs Romney - despite Pauls' polling.
edit on 7/1/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
The auditorium seats are still warm and already the MSM is declaring Romney the "winner" as though a debate like this can have a clear winner. Every candidate said something most people can agree with. The thing I find amazing is that Romney is such a polished politician, he can deliver a two-minute answer and not say a goddamn thing.

"We need to balance trade".. HOW, Mitt?

"We need to strengthen our economy"... No kidding, Mitt, and how do you propose we do that?

The man speaks in soundbites and has no substance whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tesclo

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

Liberal moderators asking Republicans double edged questions..........................

Whats not to like?

Haha that's funny.

This has ruined "Lady and the Tramp" for me FOR LIFE!!!

jk

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by Semicollegiate
Romney Paul Huntsman on Tuesday

I think the media is already trying to hold up Gingrich again. You may have to replace Hunstman for Gingrich, just my opinion. Paul will have his supporters no matter what, others will vote for who the media talks about.

Various neews sources said Huntsman has put extra effort into New Hampshire. Also he came across more level headed than Perry and Santorum. His problem is that he is a new guy. Gingrich could come back later, He is in everyones head already.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Well, it was directed at Romney who owns a few chinese companies and he doesn't know the language. Poor leadership in my view. Jon's got more experience with China than all of them and he was showing them just that. That's why he did it! To show them they need to live in the cultures to understand the culture that they are most worried about.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2012 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Ron Paul is more than a candidate. He's a line in the sand. He's a movement of liberty. He's representing the real freedom movement, the one group among all others who have truly woken up.

2012 might be the last election before everything breaks down. Ron Paul, IMO, is seen as the ``last shot`` to change things peacefully.

Which is wrong IMO because if people changed things at a local level and told the feds to go to hell, then everything could be changed peacefully.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
The auditorium seats are still warm and already the MSM is declaring Romney the "winner" as though a debate like this can have a clear winner. Every candidate said something most people can agree with. The thing I find amazing is that Romney is such a polished politician, he can deliver a two-minute answer and not say a goddamn thing.

"We need to balance trade".. HOW, Mitt?

"We need to strengthen our economy"... No kidding, Mitt, and how do you propose we do that?

The man speaks in soundbites and has no substance whatsoever.

I listened with incredulity at his pathetic 'pursuit of happiness' speech. The guy is an idiot with no plan.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Ron Paul is more than a candidate. He's a line in the sand. He's a movement of liberty. He's representing the real freedom movement, the one group among all others who have truly woken up.

2012 might be the last election before everything breaks down. Ron Paul, IMO, is seen as the ``last shot`` to change things peacefully.

Agreed, and if he can't learn to swim with the big boys and debate with the SHARKS, he's going to lose.

No matter how much we like him or support him.

Ron needs a fire lit under his A** or go home.

Quite simple.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

Well, it was directed at Romney who owns a few chinese companies and he doesn't know the language. Poor leadership in my view. Jon's got more experience with China than all of them and he was showing them just that. That's why he did it! To show them they need to live in the cultures to understand the culture that they are most worried about.

Well, I dislike Romney as well.

I guess the point I'm trying to get is hes not running for the United States of China and hes not fishing or making plastic goods along with any Chinese citizens, he was the ambassador and he knows Chinese. It doesn't give him any more grounds of being POTUS than the ambassador to New Guinea.

This is America, not China, I prefer my presidential candidates to speak English during their debates and when they are addressing the people. Most of them can't make much sense when speaking English, so why should we elect someone who wants to speak Chinese?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Ron Paul is obviously John Titor then.

I think he fended well. He turned everything against him into positives. I rather enjoyed it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Feel free to "steal" this. I made it..

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ohiotim2112

It's a bit militant for my taste. That's not the type of negative image he needs now. A for effort though.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join