It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The biggest event of last year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Its kind of late too ask this but what do you reckon was the biggest event of last year?
I mean something like the arab springs, bin laden getting killed etc

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Fukishima earthquake/tsunami/nuclear reactor meltdowns par none was the biggest event/s of last year.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pumastar

I agree but there also was a massive knock for the war on terrorism when bin laden was killed thats pretty important

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Biggest event no doubt is Euro Crisis. Euro has never been so weak against dollar. Euro Zone near collapse, imminent danger of Third World War when Euro collapses.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Check out this link: The 10 Biggest Events of 2011

Fukushima is number 7 on that list. It should be number 2 or 3 at least, in my opinion.

7. Nuclear power plants in Japan In March, an axis-shifting earthquake and subsequent tsunami devastated Japan's eastern coastlines. There were nearly 16,000 deaths, 6,000 injured and 3,500 people missing after the tsunami and earthquake.

The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant was affected as well, leading to various explosions in active cooling towers, the leakage of radiation and evacuation of surrounding cities. In reaction to Japan's disaster, countries all over the world began to assess their energy programs. Germanyshut down multiple reactors and intends to shut down the rest of the reactors over the next decade.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What about Occupy _______ and the 99% movement? or werent they that big?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessiana
What about Occupy _______ and the 99% movement? or werent they that big?

They are #2 on the list I mentioned above:

Occupy Wall Street As one war ended this year, another has been declared. Occupy Wall Street was the voice of the majority, affectionately calling themselves the 99 percent, speaking out against corporate greed.

(Sorry for hijacking your thread, by the way
)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra
Check out this link: The 10 Biggest Events of 2011

Fukushima is number 7 on that list. It should be number 2 or 3 at least, in my opinion.

7. Nuclear power plants in Japan In March, an axis-shifting earthquake and subsequent tsunami devastated Japan's eastern coastlines. There were nearly 16,000 deaths, 6,000 injured and 3,500 people missing after the tsunami and earthquake.

The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant was affected as well, leading to various explosions in active cooling towers, the leakage of radiation and evacuation of surrounding cities. In reaction to Japan's disaster, countries all over the world began to assess their energy programs. Germanyshut down multiple reactors and intends to shut down the rest of the reactors over the next decade.

Whole list is ridiculous. I laughed when I saw Steve Jobs at #8. This man is really overrated man, they say he invented computer, but it was Steve Wozniak. Now Steve Wozniak is totally forgotten man, everyone talking about Steve Jobs, but not him. Steve Jobs didn't had any part making Apple I and Apple II

BTW, this list is just biggest events for US, for rest of world it would be different.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

I dont mind its better than having nobody on my thread lol

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

You are right my friend, Steve jobs is highly over rated partly because of all the apple consumers, and because of the way he died. he was the creator of something amazing though so it was going too get a lot of publicity when he died

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessiana

We should also count a non-event that cost people their money and houses: The Rapture.

It was all over the news in a lot of countries, and then when the date came and nothing happened... well, you remember. Then Mr. Camping came forward with another date and it was all over the news again. And nothing happened.

Even if it didn't really happen, it affected people's lives.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Hehe yes, the rapture that never happened! Definetly the biggest non event of 2011... I hope and think that the 21st of dec this year will be the biggest hoax ever of the year.... For me it will be another april fools because just before midnight on the 20th Im planning a big prank

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Not all of them are of the US. But I agree with the Steve Jobs one, it's not the I'd forgotten about his death it's just that I didn't expect to see him there.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Is it me or has most people simply forgotten about Steve jobs dying? I have...
This is kinda off-topic but i heard a joke saying this, years ago we had, steve jobs,bob hope and jonny cash. Now we have no jobs,no hope and no cash

As for the occupy thing i wonder if it actually made a difference, personally i havent noticed any...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Steve Jobs dying was such a massive event in 2011....how sad it was. Makes you think what if over 10 million people died of starvation in 2011 because the rest of their fellow species were indifferent....wouldn't that be madness.....

edit on 7-1-2012 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

Yes its sad but you have too ask why and was it really that important? For some it was but did it really need front page headlines?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Biggest event of the last year was in my HO the Carrington economic CME from the core of the burning elite,that cause a disruption in earths activity and Aurora in the Northern economic sphere.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Wow sounds very interesting

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Wow sounds very interesting
It's the economic crisis explained in other terms.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Yup, speaking of the economy it has been mentioned that a big event was europe's economy going down the toilet too

edit on 7-1-2012 by Hessiana because: Spelling mistake

<<   2 >>

join