It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desperate!! Coughing for 3 Months, Need Suggestions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I've had a hacking cough for a little over a month. The doc thinks it may be whooping cough. Waiting to see if the prescribed antibiotics will clear it up....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I would talk this over with a professional but they are finding Cystic Fibrosis in people over 50 years of age it use to be destroying children's lungs but now its going into the older folks..A sweat test would go a long way in determining if you have Cystic Fibrosis ..Some of the signs are coughing, difficulty breathing, and frequent respiratory infections..mucus builds up in the lungs and clogs air passages, interfering with breathing... The brain recognizes the problem and tries to correct it by sending a message to the lungs to cough....The coughing is ineffective because the mucus is too thick and sticky for the lungs to be able to clear. Trapped mucus is a breeding ground for bacteria, leading to frequent respiratory infections..

I can tell you this your DR will say no this is not what this is because it doesn't happen in adults but there finding it is happening all it takes is a simple sweat test there is no pain involved with it..I'm just giving you an idea is all ignore my advise if you wish..I was born with Cystic Fibrosis and im a 39 year old survivor ..Peace,sugarcookie1.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Great input from all. My wife and I read and will continue to read everything and will continue to read anything new. Unfortunately, most of suggestions such as seeing multiple doctors (none of which were willing to make a diagnosis), x-rays, testing for TB, etc. has been done.

Thanks to all who have or will offer their thoughts. I probably owe the mods a special nod for not pulling the plug on my request for input. Some of the ideas and comments were truly unique, but I assure everyone I know to do my research before jumping into anything. Still, perhaps the mental exercise will come in handy for someone else as they seek answers as well. To those I would also caution that the mods here are correct that we should not seek or accept medical "advice" from a forum such as we have here, but the acts of compassion shown are truly moving and taken in appropriate context, there may me some answers here for any or all of us.

One positive I would like to pass along. The docs have given me enough steroids that I'm pretty sure I'm stronger than Ah-nuld ever was by now. Pity they haven't given me any relief yet.

Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

Do you take anything for acid reflux? You might could try a 14 day course of over the counter prilosec. That might help. Everyone may be looking in the wrong place.

As I said before....check with your doctor first, but if lungs and heart haven't given any clues it might be something else to try. It could definately cause it, and usually isn't at the top of peoples list to check for. Especially if you seem to have no other outward symptoms.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I make and use my own Colloidal Silver for me personally to use,but I am not a Doctor.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11
I have always been able to count of my ATS comrades as the best thinkers in the world, whether the subject is politics, UFOs, or anything else.. I really am desperate. Coughing started in early Nov. and has somehow managed to get worse the last few days. Been to a million doctors, was told it is bronchitis, COPD, asthma, allergies, whooping cough, and more. I have taken every conventional medication imaginable with no results or relief whatsoever. I'm missing a large chunk of my 11 year old son's life by not being healthy enough to gather my wits together long enough to participate in menial things, and no one wants me in public. Fortunately, I'm obviously not contagious because after all this time, no one else has become ill.

Asked the doctor for cyanide (as a joke), but was refused. You guys are the best at everything here at ATS. Can someone please help me find something that works?
edit on 1/7/2012 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title.

I know I am going to get slammed for this but. Have you tried distance healing? I may be able to help you, if you have the time.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I'm just saying he should be careful of what advice he takes or does not take. I only say that because my husband is a doctor and comes across countless patients who hurt themselves by taking strangers advice on the internet, without consulting a physician.

As for your cough, the only thing I can suggest is making your immune system stronger, so it can fight off whatever you have. Just go out and buy some Wheat Grass Juice. There's a lot of misinformation out there against WGJ, but that's just the pharma companies fooling you.

~Keeper

See, now therein lies the danger....

My Dad has medical problems which I wont go into here but one symptom is a cough, which believe it or not is triggered by wheat products.

Drinking that could possibly kill him.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I would probably try eating raw garlic for a week coupled with vit C tablets and see if that does anything they are two powerful things for anything that could be causing it

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Hello mate, funny i have seen this thread now, ( its thursday 12th jan 2012 @ 1917 ) and as of this morning on the UK Radio 2 show with Jeremy Vine they were discussing about people who cough and the effect it has on them and their lives. Some have it for years apparently and are treated without success, well a few callers phoned in and the one who sticks out in my mind was saying she had a cough for years and had many treatments and diagnosis and no one knows what was wrong with her, well she went to the dentist to have a filling removed and within minutes of the treatment she was cured of her coughing. Im not a doctor or even qualified to speak regarding this but just thought i would bring this up for your attention.. Also not sure if you can find the show so you can listen in on , so good luck.

Icanseeatoms.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Icanseeatoms because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Keep pestering the docs. Sounds like as others have suggested Sarcodosis, Candida Esophagitis or Post nasal drip.
I'd give the super strength garlic a try whilst you get to the bottom of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join