Jamaica to break links with Queen, says Prime Minister Simpson Miller

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
So keep saying that I'm doing ``Britain bashing``.... Hell I would be the first one to cheer the British people if they kicked the German ``royal family`` tomorrow.

Don't want to spoil your predictable and prattish tirade against the British Royal Family, but they are not German. Just because they have German ancestors does not make them German, in the same way as the millions of Americans who can trace British ancestors does not make them British.

If you are going to belittle and rant, then at least get the starting point right.

Regards

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Excuse me, but Vitch is near tops contributor on ATS. And to be such, you gotta read, and post, an awful lot of stories.

It doesn't mean he's posting anything worthwhile or quality though does it? Especially judging by this thread....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You speak with Forked Tongue.
You use the word "Dictator" Therefore you believe in democracy i take it?
The majority of people in Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc want to retain the Royal Family.

You sir are the dictator, not accepting what the majority wish.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by Kram09

Is it me or are all your threads just filled with hatred?

Excuse me, but Vitch is near tops contributor on ATS. And to be such, you gotta read, and post, an awful lot of stories. I know what it feels like to read all the bad that goes on in the world, day in and day out for years, and nothing ever seems to get done about it. And so you get madder, and madder, and madder. Eventually there is nothing left but total frustration.

Keep going Vitch, your tone doesn't bother me one bit. I understand and share your fury.

I'm sorry, mate, but just because a person can put a lot of posts on a website does not make that person particularly good. Who really cares whether someone puts up a load of rubbish? Now, I don't know him personally, and he might be a really nice guy, but 'Vitch' comes across as quite a nasty little person, to be honest.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The queen, i dictator? Lol what rubbish! Im not a fan of the royal family, but they are harmless. I would rather worry about the real problems we face, rather than this rubbish!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I hope that now Australia will do the same

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Actually what you said is false, a poll done in Australia last year saw that 65 % of people wanted Australia to become a republic. Don't just assume, know!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
reply to post by alldaylong

Actually what you said is false, a poll done in Australia last year saw that 65 % of people wanted Australia to become a republic. Don't just assume, know!!!

LOL So you are someone who also gets his FACTS from a back of a Corn Flakes Box. The last poll carried out 8 months ago in Australia showed that only 41% would vote for a Republic. You don't have to believe me you can read it for yourself:-

www.theaustralian.com.au...

You can appologise any time you wish.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I suggest Ms. Portia-Miller solve the crime and poverty issues before worrying about an entirely ceremonial head of state. Jamaica has far bigger problems than a harmless figurehead. Shows how out of touch these politicians are, she reminds of me of former Australian PM Paul Keating's "anachronism" comment to the Queen's face back in 1992 .... well nearly 20 years later the Queen is still the Queen of Australia and Paul Keating has been out of office for 15 years lol.

At any rate this would have to be put to a referendum and polling has indicated that most Jamaicans are not in favor of a republic.

EDIT: Support for an Australian republic has hit an all time low. Only about 35% would vote for a republic down under.
edit on 9-1-2012 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join