Jamaica to break links with Queen, says Prime Minister Simpson Miller

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hell yeah. I wish we would do that in Canada. Those inbred bastards calling themselves royalty deserves nothing but a good old hanging for what they have done in history.

Jamaica's new Prime Minister, Portia Simpson Miller, has said she intends to make the island a republic, removing Queen Elizabeth as the head of state.

In her inaugural address, Ms Simpson Miller said the time had come for Jamaica to break with the British monarchy and have its own president.

Jamaica for the win.

Wouldn't surprise me if the UK pulls something in Jamaica... coup d'etat or something to avoid this... those old scumbags love their power.

And if any British gets offended, boohoo. Keep groveling to your German royalty like good little slaves.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Mod - Edit Thread title changed to reflect actual quoted material

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

edit on 7/1/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If only we could do that here in Canada as well. These morons running our country are quickly taking us down the sewer.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
i smell a situation during the Olympic games and guess who is going to be blamed...oh wait does Jamaica have any oil or anything the empire needs ? , if not , well they'll issue a diplomatic slap on the wrist to Jamaica.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

mrs miller better check with her electorate first - thier is a sizeable minority [ of jamacians ] who believe that they were better off under colonial rule

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Hell yeah. I wish we would do that in Canada. Those inbred bastards calling themselves royalty deserves nothing but a good old hanging for what they have done in history.

Jamaica's new Prime Minister, Portia Simpson Miller, has said she intends to make the island a republic, removing Queen Elizabeth as the head of state.

In her inaugural address, Ms Simpson Miller said the time had come for Jamaica to break with the British monarchy and have its own president.

Jamaica for the win.

Wouldn't surprise me if the UK pulls something in Jamaica... coup d'etat or something to avoid this... those old scumbags love their power.

And if any British gets offended, boohoo. Keep groveling to your German royalty like good little slaves.

Ahh another misguided Britain bashing thread by Vitchilo. I dont know how many times i have seen it explained that we dont 'grovel' to the royal family. Or how little power they actually have. In fact most people i know could not give a crap about the royals. Or if Jamaica or Canada want to be a part of the commonwealth or not.

There are more important issues at hand here in the UK tbh. And although i do love and respect our Jamaican and Canadian brothers it really has no effect whatsoever on us wether they remain part of the commonwealth. So yeh... w/e

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Nope. no oil. They are within the USA Maritime Economic Zone. In other words... they have no claim, because the USA claims all the waters around the island and claim the oil for themselves.

Anyways..

Good on Jamaica. They've got some big issues to deal with on their little island, I imagine removing the Brits from control will be a positive step forward .. perhaps even cascading into other territories from removing the Brits?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The Jamaican Prime Minister is out of touch with her people:-

www.dailymail.co.uk...

As for Canada you may not like Royalty (You must be a French Canadian) Just say thank you for Britain giving birth to your country. Your heritage comes from US lol

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Is it me or are all your threads just filled with hatred?

I'm pretty sure that's not what the leader of Jamaica said to the Queen....

If Jamaica wants to go it's separate ways then fairplay to them.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I don't really see how Jamaica would be better off without Britain tbh. And yeah, nobody I know 'grovels' to the Royal family.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

A bit like you to your Kenya imposter, who stole all your money! Liberty! Cahones ;-)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Nope. no oil. They are within the USA Maritime Economic Zone. In other words... they have no claim, because the USA claims all the waters around the island and claim the oil for themselves.

Anyways..

Good on Jamaica. They've got some big issues to deal with on their little island, I imagine removing the Brits from control will be a positive step forward .. perhaps even cascading into other territories from removing the Brits?

Your FACTS must come off a back of a Corn Flakes box lol. Jamaica has a Contiguous Zone of 24 nautical miles around the island.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
sorry did I miss something here?

How does Britain control Jamaica? Did the Brits vote for the jamican PM? Do the Brits control the Jamacian Budget and finances?

Infact Britain has no control over Jamica for anything, TheQueen is simply nothing more than a figure head as she is in the UK, No power just looks pretty on a coin.

Also Jamica does not have to leave the commonwealth if they get rid of the queen, lots of nations in the commonwelath removed the queen as head of state.

If your going to bash Britain at least get your facts right.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Seems the usual anti-Britain thread, but hey.. perhaps some on here should have a word with the Jamaican Prime Minster for being naughty and saying how much she loves Queenie!

From the article linked in the OP

"I love the Queen, she is a beautiful lady, and apart from being a beautiful lady she is a wise lady and a wonderful lady," Ms Simpson Miller said after swearing the oath of office.

Some forget that Jamaicans (and others) have had decades, and in Jamaicas case 50 years of sovereignty to make this decision, the reluctance in my mind obviously shows the depth of hatred in those countries for the British..

and for the record, I think this is long overdue.
edit on 7/1/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Prepare now Jamaicans for the devastating hurricane/earthquake/tsunami
that is surely soon to come your way.

The queer old queen will be mightily pissed for being so dissed, mon.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Guess we better fire up that HAARP and send them an earthquake eh?
But seriously, there is no reason for the monarchy let it die.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Is it me or are all your threads just filled with hatred?

Excuse me, but Vitch is near tops contributor on ATS. And to be such, you gotta read, and post, an awful lot of stories. I know what it feels like to read all the bad that goes on in the world, day in and day out for years, and nothing ever seems to get done about it. And so you get madder, and madder, and madder. Eventually there is nothing left but total frustration.

Keep going Vitch, your tone doesn't bother me one bit. I understand and share your fury.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm British and I'm all for this

Though the OP seemed a bit harsh on Brits

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I imagine removing the Brits from control will be a positive step forward .. perhaps even cascading into other territories from removing the Brits?

Please tell us all exactly what control the Brits have over Jamaica.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Maybe most of you didn't understand.

I wasn't bashing ALL Brits. I was bashing those (the few) in the UK who love the royalty. How dare I don't like people who willfully grovel to their dictators. I feel the same about whoever lick the boots of Kim Jong Un, or the Communist party in China, or the Thai monarchy, or even my ``fellow`` Canadians who love the british monarchy...or whoever love their dictator in history.

Am I a self-hating Canadian if I don't like Canadians who love the monarchy? Come on.

I do like however, whoever fights for a rightful government and freedom, and that includes a lot of Brits.

So keep saying that I'm doing ``Britain bashing``.... Hell I would be the first one to cheer the British people if they kicked the German ``royal family`` tomorrow.

Go British people, DOWN with the British monarchy!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

What are you blathering on about? The Queen isn't a dictator....comparing the Queen to the leader of North Korea is just ignorant and ridiculous.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum