It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

islam: truly an Abrahamic religion?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
this is a reply i posted on another thread to someone who thinks Christ was muslim

i think it deserves a whole thread as it is important for muslims to know

in Genesis 12-we have God calling Abraham out of the land of ur, in Chaldea.
the spiritual ruler of Chaldea was the Moon god (has many names. in Assyrian it is "SIN")- later adapted by the Babylonians. the word sin means the ruler of the night and was represented by the crescent moon, which has now become the symbol for islam, and islam still operates their religious holidays after the lunar calendar,
muslims fast from crescent moon to crescent moon during Ramadan. what is now mecca in Arabia was an ancient capital of pagan religions and it is why they would pray towards mecca long before mohamed.
it goes way deeper than that-
you have to ask yourself why is the religion so widespread..its because mohamed repackaged these pagan principals into islam. .......islam is not a Abrahamic religion.

this is how the bible describes Ishmael
Gen.16:12
He will be a wild donkey of a man;
his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him,and he will live in hostility
towards all his brothers.-----------yep,sounds just like..........

ok now here is Chuck watch all 6 parts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deuteronomy 4:19
And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE CAN WE KEEP THIS THREAD CIVILIZED. WE HAVE ENOUGH ARGUING OVER
THE FAMOUS "GOD DOES NOT EXIST. ECT.. ECT.."
THESE IS NOT THE THREAD TO ARGUE THAT. LETS DEAL WITH ISLAM

edit on 7-1-2012 by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Muslims come from Abrahams 1st son Ismael, as Muhamed was descended from Ishmaels last son. Yeshua, as well as the jews/Israelites are from the line of Abrahams 2nd son Issac. Yeshua was most definately not a muslim as that religion came about nearly 600 years after Yeshua was crucified, not to mention that everything in the quran goes against the teachings of Christ.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

Is Islam Abrahamic? Well it DOES trace it's origin to Ishmael, and thus to Abraham. It also mentions Jesus as a prophet. Islam and Judaism and Christianity all share many "Holy" sites in the "Holy" land from what I understand. So yes it is Abrahamic.

By the way I'm curious about the person who claimed Christ was a Muslim. Islam didn't exist in the time of Christ, it didn't exist until CENTURIES later. Jesus was an apocalyptic Jewish prophet, it makes no historical sense for that person to say he was a Muslim.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Great thread OP!
Please lets discuss this, my mind is open & I don't know any of this stuff so those who do......
don't be shy.
Enlighten us please.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
first you have to understand the meaning of the word Islam , it means submission and obedience to ALLAH our GOD in Islam , therefore we as Muslims believe that all prophet including issa ibnu Maryam (Jesus the son of Mary ) peace be upon him was a Muslim .

and the crescent has nothing to do with our belief , it's just an object that we see in the sky and use to calculate the months , because in the Quran it is said [21][33]It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: all (the celestial bodies) swim along.

so the moon is nothing but a moon created by GOD

and by the way how is it that you base your facts on the bible as if it is the only true source ? you are referring to the old testament which was written by the jews who hated Ismael which was not born from a jewish woman.

edit to add that its very late here and i will have to go to sleep and will continue the discussion tomorrow
thank you
edit on 7-1-2012 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE
therefore we as Muslims believe that all prophet including issa ibnu Maryam (Jesus the son of Mary ) peace be upon him was a Muslim

Yet he refused to hav women stoned and did not pray as the Muslims do.

Also: Jesus and Mary were among the idols in the kabba before Mohammed decided to empty it out. That was very rude to Jesus and Mohammed was wrong to do that. He also moved the prayer center, as Arabs had traditionally prayed to Jerusalem. Mohammed didn't really even approach the sublime nature of Jesus, he was more of a warrior. After he died, it was his wife and his Generals who caused the planned schism between Sunni and Shia tribes and this fight is managed carefully today as well.

Better if Muslims would be allowed to criticise their prophet and they'd see that he was second place compared to the Prince of Peace.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

Originally posted by Dr UAE
therefore we as Muslims believe that all prophet including issa ibnu Maryam (Jesus the son of Mary ) peace be upon him was a Muslim

Yet he refused to hav women stoned and did not pray as the Muslims do.

Also: Jesus and Mary were among the idols in the kabba before Mohammed decided to empty it out. That was very rude to Jesus and Mohammed was wrong to do that. He also moved the prayer center, as Arabs had traditionally prayed to Jerusalem. Mohammed didn't really even approach the sublime nature of Jesus, he was more of a warrior. After he died, it was his wife and his Generals who caused the planned schism between Sunni and Shia tribes and this fight is managed carefully today as well.

Better if Muslims would be allowed to criticise their prophet and they'd see that he was second place compared to the Prince of Peace.

Ahm ,.... just a big NO to the above. It's just too much fail.

And about praying. In fact ONLY MUSLIMS TODAY PRAY LIKE JESUS DID.

You (christians) most certainly do not!

Jesus (read about him praying in the Garden of Gethsemane) prayed by PROSTRATING to God - that is: putting his head down on the ground!

And we muslims, not you christians, pray like that!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST
this is a reply i posted on another thread to someone who thinks Christ was muslim

Yes, Jesus was muslim. Moses too, Abraham also.

Is this so hard to understand?

"Muslim" means "submitting your will to God". And this is what ALL the prophets believed.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The crescent moon isn't really the symbol of Islam. It is the symbol of the turks, that they took on from the Byzantians. And using the lunar calendar isn't really proof of following the moon god sin....the Jews follow the lunar calendar as well.

PS: I am trying to listen, but your video has really bad audio quality.
edit on 7-1-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi
Jesus (read about him praying in the Garden of Gethsemane) prayed by PROSTRATING to God - that is: putting his head down on the ground!

And we muslims, not you christians, pray like that!

Heh, yeah. So of course Jesus prayed like the muslims do today, yeahmm. Sure. A man does it one time, and you take it to the absurd, making men do it thousands of times. You are just like the Pharisees of Jesus time in this. A man who is praying in this way, is not following Jesus' command to pray in secret.

Jesus said: Pray in secret. So that means in secret, you pray how you want. You're just plain wrong. also as I mentioned, Jesus was peaceful whereas Mohammed was not, he was a warrior. Sure he was a great warrior, probably on of the best ever with all his Generals and tribes and so forth. But wasn't Mohammed more like Napoleon then like Jesus? Yes, much more like Naploeon. Jesus however, goes down in history as the peaceful king.

He also never threw stones at a woman's head, and that was 2000 years ago. Muslims still do that, just like the Pharisees of Jesus day. Jesus stopped stonings from happening, we have that in the gospel. Mohammed on the other hand, just like the Rabbis, created a culture which produced stoning. Jesus was way way more advanced than these rabbinical or arabian tards.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Jesus is peaceful? From what I read of the Bible, Jesus will be unleashing (pardon my french), a serious can of whoop-ass....executing untold vengeance and fury by releasing the fierce wrath of God on all non-christians, besides which he will be destroying every ruler on earth until the nations are humbled beneath his feet, and every country on earth is in mourning because of him.

Doesn't sound very peaceful.

If there ever was a religion that claimed world-conquest, it wasn't Islam, it was Christianity. Let us hope some crazy Christians don't take it to mind that they should "help Jesus in his mission".

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Was Jesus a Muslim? I'll break it down for you according to a Muslim's understanding.

There is only one true religion, and there has always been one true religion. This one true religion is God's religion. There has always been the one same message throughout all of human history; There is one God deserving of all obedience and worship. The Hebrews had God's true religion, but later corrupted it. Jesus came to correct the corruption and restore God's true religion. Later, people corrupted Jesus' teachings of God's true religion. Muhammad came to correct the corruption and restore God's true religion.

Muslims believe that Abraham and all prophets of the lines of Ishmael and Isaac were hanifa (true, upright believers). So Jesus would be considered a hanifa, thus being a Muslim.

edit on 1/7/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Considering all of the Sun worship ideology and symbolism that has leaked into Christianity by the Romans.... it is interesting to note the Moon worship symbolism that has leaked into Islam by the Turks.

Light of the Day and Light of the Night. The ultimate duality

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It is of course, ludicrous to remotely construe Jesus Christ as Muslim. "Christ" is the root word from which we get "Christian". He is Jesus Christ of Nazareth, not Jesus Muslim. He was a Jew.

Ishmael was treated very poorly, and unfairly, and it was never made right. I believe this was the beginning of
the nightmare which continues today.

ETA: To clarify, by "nightmare", I mean all this fighting.
edit on 1/7/2012 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
Jesus is peaceful? From what I read of the Bible, Jesus will be unleashing (pardon my french), a serious can of whoop-ass....executing untold vengeance and fury by releasing the fierce wrath of God on all non-christians, besides which he will be destroying every ruler on earth until the nations are humbled beneath his feet, and every country on earth is in mourning because of him.

Doesn't sound very peaceful.

If there ever was a religion that claimed world-conquest, it wasn't Islam, it was Christianity. Let us hope some crazy Christians don't take it to mind that they should "help Jesus in his mission".

He made a whip for Christ's sake. A non lethal weapon, with which to fight the supreme assheads of history, the babylon/rabbi moneylending network.

You are comparing Indiana Jones to Hitler.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I already know all about your OP bro. I've researched Allah extensively. YaHuWaH is not Allah. Allah is their God's name. Yahuwah is the God of Jews and Christians.

Take a look at the Kaaba. There's a black meteor that they circle the Kaaba and kiss and they pray to it to have their sins absolved when they go to hajj and they call it "the supreme rock god". There's another rock god in pagan mythology and his name is Mithra. Mithra was born from a rock. Worshipping and praying to a black meteor is called what? It's called Idolatry and it's one reason there's quite a number of orthodox jews that would love to bulldoze that structure and the other 360 idols that're in it.
edit on 7-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I already know all about your OP bro. I've researched Allah extensively. YaHuWaH is not Allah. Allah is their God's name. Yahuwah is the God of Jews and Christians.

Take a look at the Kaaba. There's a black meteor that they circle the Kaaba and kiss and they pray to it to have their sins absolved when they go to hajj and they call it "the supreme rock god". There's another rock god in pagan mythology and his name is Mithra. Mithra was born from a rock. Worshipping and praying to a black meteor is called what? It's called Idolatry and it's one reason there's quite a number of orthodox jews that would love to bulldoze that structure and the other 360 idols that're in it.
edit on 7-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

God, Dios, YodHeVahHe, Jehovah, yawea, whatever....

There were 2 gentlemen, explaining their Muslim faith, and telling us that they worship the same god as Moses, Abraham and Jesus. Is your pronumciation of god's name so darn important, are you so righteous that it's imperative for you to come on just to tell them "my god isn't your god" and insult these members, and mock their efforts to explain the misunderstanding of syntax and verbage of whether or not Jesus was Muslim, theOP? How is this constructive? Will your post make these members change their god?

And your accusing them of idol worship? Let's not forget your threads about pagan symbolism tainting the perfection of the Christain religion. I know, I know, you attack Christains too. Christains have plenty of holy places, Lordes, Bethleham, Jerusalem....Christain kiss the popes ring, they go on pilgrimages.

Anyway, I take these members on their word. If they tell me that they worship the god of Moses, Abraham and Jesus, I'm gonna believe them. Further, I'm sure that "god" believes them, which is more important than your opinion of who they are praying to. Its about intent, and I would think the god that you preach about knows that.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Well said...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

you are referring to the old testament which was written by the jews who hated Ismael which was not born from a jewish woman.

Neither was Issac, Sarah wasn't a Jew.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Only the "Kingdom Now" heretics. Most of the rest of us realize we can't establish a kingdom here on Earth till the King Himself arrives and does so Himself.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join