It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'If you don't take a job as a prostitute, we can stop your benefits'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

'If you don't take a job as a prostitute, we can stop your benefits'

www.telegr aph.co.uk

A 25-year-old waitress who turned down a job providing "sexual services'' at a brothel in Berlin faces possible cuts to her unemployment benefit under laws introduced this year.

Prostitution was legalised in Germany just over two years ago and brothel owners – who must pay tax and employee health insurance – were granted access to official databases of jobseekers.

The waitress, an unemployed information technology professional, had said that she was willing to work in a bar at night and had worked in a cafe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

MOD NOTE, old story

By Clare Chapman

12:01AM GMT 30 Jan 2005

edit on Sun Jan 8 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: clarity

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It looks like not only is the world we live in changing, but the value system is as well. Is this the future that we want? That people can be forced into prostitution or lose benefits if they don't work? As homosexuality is also now accepted, will it be that a job in servicing your friends and neighbors is a new requirement.. My, my.. the NWO seems to have true family values and care for the common human..

www.telegr aph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
this is nonsense. nobody in germany getting benefits has to become a prostitute. if this is real, the woman can say no, would get a 30 % cut for three months at worst. she can take a lawyer and fight against this job offer.

edit on 7-1-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

My thoughts exactly. She has every right to say no.

An average lawyer and she can fight such an issue and win pretty easy, I suspect.

As for what the OP said about People being forced to service their friends because homosexuality is becoming more accepted.... They can't be serious with that nonsense.....

No one is being forced to do anything. At all. No one is being forced to service friends or family and it is silly to suggest it.
edit on 7-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Those who say regulated prostitution will lower the amount of human trafficking should take a look at this.

This is nothing more than legalized human trafficking. Of course we were told this would not happen in a world where prostitution was legal and regulated.

I once did a research paper on legal prostitution and the trafficking and harm it causes. I found a great deal of information from Melissa Farley and others like her.
www.prostitutionresearch.com...

What a shame. I hope things get resolved before she becomes a victim of legalized trafficking.

Raist

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

She doesn't have to say yes. She is not being forced and she is not a slave. She is not a victim of human trafficking.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

its from 7 years ago and was obviously not enforced because it was found that if someone doesnt consent to sex, its rape. even if sex work is legal. its like rocket science i know.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

By Clare Chapman12:01AM GMT 30 Jan 2005

Date of the article.

This is non-issue.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Well, there you go.The article is 7 years old. A dead issue. You make a very good point, as well.. Whether prostitution is legal or not. If you are unwilling it is rape and they can't rape people.

That ends that, as far as I can see.
edit on 7-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yes this is a bit old; I missed the date at first so now this should not be an issue any longer.

As for her not being forced to, well that is a matter of how one sees it. If you are receiving benefits and they will be taken if you do not take the job you are in a sense being forced to or go without the benefits. Simply a matter of perception with that.

I would like to see an update on this to see how it worked out for her though.

Raist

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I am going to repost my comments in here from the other thread:

First of all:

"Hmmm this is from 2005, how did two people randomly find it at the same time roughly? (The last day or so)?
And then both posted it as a thread?

Is the telegraph.co.uk linking people to this older article?
What's going on here?

And were there any resolutions to this or is it still hanging in the air? "

This is bizarre actually. I wonder what's going on?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Now my opinion and analysis of this article's insinuations:

"This totally reveals the mechanism of slavery that people are trapped in that we call "jobs".

Ok lets say that we make an exception for prostitution in this system as is, such as a "moral objector" clause. If you morally - ethically object to this particular job it will not be held against you and your contracted benefits won't be stripped.
Get it?

Now let's see how far I can apply this "moral objector" clause.

Military jobs - I morally object to killing or helping others kill.
McDonalds - I morally object to putting poison in people's bodies and calling it food.
Gas Station - I morally object to supporting the oil industry which leads to environmental degradation and wars/killing.
Video Rental Store - I morally object to supporting propaganda and brainwashing mechanisms.
Computer Repairman - I morally object to supporting an industry that creates tons of toxic pollution and enslaves people overseas, etc.
Telemarketing or Journalism - I morally object to lying and manipulating people for money.
Walmart - I morally object, etc etc.

So on and so on. I can invent a legitimate and logical moral objection to virtually every type of job you can conjure up, based on some reasoning or another.

So thus it is revealed that we are indeed enslaved by the very system we are forced to support.

Why are people forced into committing morally objectionable acts just to afford food, water, and shelter?
This is slavery obviously."

And opinion two in response to the "moral objection clause" theory:

"Who declares themselves the "Authority" on what is morally objectionable?
The Government? Isn't the government full of some of the most morally repugnant people on Earth?
The Corporations? Ditto.
The Religions? Ditto.

What happened to separation of religion and state?
This is actually awesome because it totally reveals a MAJOR CRACK in the wall.
Time to tear the wall down.

How about I personally decide what is morally acceptable for myself, without intrusion of any entity outside of myself as long as my decisions do not harm any other person's liberty?"

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
[wrong thread]
edit on 1/8/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
My god, you have got to be kidding me! Unbelieveable. And if anyone was in any doubt as to what decent people of the world are facing today this should wake them up.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
She is receiving unemployment benefits. No one is forcing her to take those benefits, money whatever. This just shows the farce of unemployment benefits. People are being conditioned into the nanny state.

Where does it state she has some kind of "right" for the govt to pay for her room and board? It's supposedly because she can't get a job, and it's somehow their fault. So she has to show that she is at least trying to get a job of some kind. What's to stop them from saying, "there are such and such jobs, if you are not taking them you are not trying, so you don't get the money"? Leave prostitution out of the argument, it's still the same.

She is not being forced into anything, per se. She does it of her own free will. However, her "free will" can be easily manipulated aiming her into a desired direction yet thinking it is her own idea. I'm a salesman, I do that to people every day.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Not sure about in Germany but here in the U.S. part of the taxes taken from my check goes toward unemployment. If they do not wish to pay me unemployment should that occur then they better stop taking it from me to begin with.

I have been paying into that system for a good many years now, never once have I had to use the system, but I would like to think that if I needed to it would be there, and not ask me to do something I morally object to.

Raist

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Suddenly, legalizing prostitution doesn't seem that great anymore.

If she is forced to take the job, wouldn't this be defined as rape? After all, she doesn't want to be there and she's being forced to do it. Starve or pleasure men for a living. Hmmm. I guess I'd starve.

Edit to Add: I just read the comments and see that this is an old article. Still, it is an issue. I'd be interested to learn how the situation was rectified and where the woman is/isn't working today.
edit on 8-1-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It is legal in Las Vegas.

How do they handle it there?

The lesson here is that elections have consequences. Because the bozo's we put up there make laws, and get all in your business.

Don't ya think small, less intrusive would be better?

Yes, in some cases we lose benefits. But the benefits are not worth the cost.

Berlin can do whatever it wants. But for the USA gov, smaller is better.

Of course all my neighbors will vote against me, again...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Be careful not to get splinters from the bottom of the barrel you're scraping.

Godon Bennet, necroing a 7 year old news story that turned out to be non-news in the first place, in order to score some flags. That takes the biscuit.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I don't know how true the story is but here in Florida my benefits have been removed without even an explanation or notification and its not as if I don't meet the qualifications. Its leaving me to try to find alternative help and go up the chain of command with complaints. The money that is available is compromised by bills. It just goes to show how cruel the elites are and that as long as they have money in their pockets and power they don't care about the rest of us, except at election time when they want your vote.

top topics

join