It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compassion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
the last 2 days have been very hard on me and I just wanted to share.

my Aunt who is 3yrs older than me a woman who was my big sister and protector my whole life has fallen I'll to Advanced lymphoma cancer just two days ago... this is not something one can prepare for and I struggle to stay positive and keep thinking positively for her and her family.

to make things worse last night my wife found a Doe trying to crawl off the road someone in front of her had ran it over and just kept going leaving her there to suffer...

so 12am last night she picks up a a 100lb deer and places her in the back of the truck a 20min cold drive home and I get to this suffering animal in shock shaking terribly now but not bleeding, while trying to see if we can help her get healthy I put my hands on this wild scared animal and look into her eyes after, that was like a lightswitch and she immediately calmed down... A wild animal who fears nothing more than humans and Autos. is now calm as I lift her up out of the bed and onto the ground with an almos tsilent whimper and moan she is on the cold winter ground and in my sights I tell her she will be alright now and pull the trigger.....

is this Compassion? I hope so.
did I do the right thing? I think so...
thinking about things lately I became extremely dark at the thought of our society and the Lack of compassion. the part of the story I didnt know until late last night was that of my wife waving her arms in the street at passers by would only turn their head to someone in Need I understand leaving a deer on the side of the road but someone who is stranded in freezing temperatures in rural Montana ?
I like to think a majority of people in this world have compassion sadly I know I am wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Yes Will, it was compassion, and I agree likely the right thing to do, depending on the deer's injuries.

And you are both wrong and right about people in the world having compassion. In the right circumstance, when they feel the onus is on them, they will show it. But when others are around or will be passing by soon, they feel they have no real response as "Someone else will take care of it."

People for the most part are lazily compassionate, I would say, which is truly sad as most of them think the same way - meaning all to often, nothing good ever gets accomplished. The Kitty Genovese case is a good illustration of this.

EDIT:
Link fixed!

edit on 1/7/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I pray to God i never have to make such a decision...

That was your test my friend... you did what you thought was right... even listened to your heart. Many would have just left the animal to suffer...

The spirit within the animal knew everything was going to be alright as you can clearly see... Its the touch of God believe it or not...

Be love my friend

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

reply to post by Akragon

thank you both for your replies. I had not heard of Kitty Genovese
and what a sad story I almost wish I hadnt heard... I hope for humanity we as a people can get the strength to do something and change the Evil of this world. the Bad people are in the minority in this world and the NON action of the good is what allows the Evil its strength...

Other witnesses observed Moseley enter his car and drove away only to return ten minutes later. In his car, he changed to a wide-brimmed hat to shadow his face. He systematically searched the parking lot, train station, and an apartment complex. Eventually, he found Genovese who was lying, barely conscious, in a hallway at the back of the building where a locked doorway had prevented her from entering the building.[12] Out of view of the street and of those who may have heard or seen any sign of the original attack, he proceeded to further attack her, stabbing her several more times. Knife wounds in her hands suggested that she attempted to defend herself from him. While she lay dying, he raped her. He stole about $49 from her and left her in the hallway. The attacks spanned approximately half an hour.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Myself... i can't even read stories like that... I cringed when i started to read about the deer actually...

It makes me physically ill when i see or hear about animal abuse...

edit on 7-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

as you said it is hard and based on the injuries the doe had more than just a broken leg she couldnt move her hind legs and it seemed her neck could only turn left she couldn't even lay down.

it was not easy for me to do and I have hunted before I think what made it so hard were the circumstances and the fact that people just dont care... I know that is not true though people DO care and one reason I value ATS there are many members here who care and that to me is most important and rare in this life.

new topics

top topics

join