It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran describes US Navy rescue as 'humanitarian'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Son of Will
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

There are no "Death to America" rallies in Iran. They are pro-Ahmadinejad rallies, and every time a fringe minority comes out with their inflammatory signs. Kinda like the White Power fringe you see here in the West.

Okay, next someone is going to start trying to say the 1979 take over of the Embassy and 400 days of holding the Embassy Staff hostage was just an innocent misunderstanding that got out of hand.

I'm looking at this with an open mind, but not so open my brain falls out. Some of what is being said in the way of making Iran look good is getting a bit absurd. They most definitively have anti-west and anti-American protests and it's Death to America signs...or Death to Israel...or maybe just Death to the Great Satan. That's an original one, eh? I've been watching these happen since i was a kid in the 1980's. This really isn't a theory. Hmm..

There has never in history been an Iranian protest centered around "Death to America". Every media-reported instance has been a misrepresented Pro-Ahmadinejad rally. 'This' is not a theory, but fact. And almost every time, a few people come out waving inflammatory signs, with some "Death to " written on it. These are, every time, a fringe minority of the larger crowd. The fact that you've been watching these since you were a kid, is probably the reason you can't see the forest for the trees here. Mainstream media twist, misrepresent, and flat out lie on many foreign policy issues. This is common knowledge.

<< 1   >>

join