It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained objects leaving the moon video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

dont know much about the moon and if thing's regularly fly from it but this cant be normal can it?,an embed would be great.
edit on 7-1-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

ATTENTION

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

So remember:

* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

edit on January 7th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Looks like you got it...so I'll edit mine out!

Interesting video though...seems like I have seen it before!
edit on 7-1-2012 by jerryznv because: removed embed...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Very interesting video you got there. I'm still confused why they lose their light right when they leave though. Does light shine off the moon and make dark objects light for a few miles?

Maybe aliens are mining are moon as we speak. But no im not being a homer, this could probably be explained.
edit on 7-1-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

At first i thought it was just one of the satellites we have orbiting the moon, they fly pretty low. But the sheer amount of them! Not sure we have that many...

Of course it could just be edited footage, or lens artifacts... but will have to see what someone like Phage says on this one..

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It's probably worth going to the link and watching it in 1080p and in full screen, it's kinda hard to make anything out otherwise, but it's interesting nonetheless.
They're only taking off from one side of the moon?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I saw something similar this past summer, but figured it was just a bug in front of my telescope. The first I could have discounted as light bouncing off a peak, but 10 of them? Honestly can't think what they could be.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Certainly interesting, I watched in full 1080p and in full screen but I couldn't discern any real telling detail ..

The only rational / non alien theory I could think of is that we're seeing debris of some kind, or just rocks/meteors catching the light .. or as mentioned below, perhaps even one of our own devices orbiting the moon.. it does look like they are extremely close to the moon but that could just be how we perceive it, I don't think we could honestly make any accurate guess on how close the objects are to the moon in actuality.

Nevertheless, interesting! I'm not educated enough on such things to form a definitive opinion =) someone like Phage who has a stronger background might have some insight.

I'm impressed with the quality .. how was this captured?
edit on 1/7/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Very interesting...yes let us see what the establishment says about this...as they are always right, and truthful.

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

At first i thought it was just one of the satellites we have orbiting the moon, they fly pretty low. But the sheer amount of them! Not sure we have that many...

Of course it could just be edited footage, or lens artifacts... but will have to see what someone like Phage says on this one..

May not be as many as you think. There seems to be some editing going on. The SAME satellite being seen over and over again each time it comes around.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Fun find.
S + F

My first thoughts were that these are just the orbital satellites around the moon flaring as satellites will when caught in the sun's glare.

After watching the video full screen a few times, however, it would appear these objects are absolutely huge, thus, I'm stumped.
Very interesting.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A lot of opinions, speculation, and guesses offered in this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If you put your mouse on any of the objects, you will see that it is the moon moving, not them.

Couple that with all the distortion from the brightness of the moon and I'd say it's the pixels bleeding due to the distortion and camera movement.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
A lot of opinions, speculation, and guesses offered in this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

a brief overview of the opinions and theories would be helpful.. rather than reading through a 14 page thread..

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

My guess on this? Those are stars.....stars that were occluded, and appear as the Moon moves on its orbit.

They only appear briefly, due to the brightness of the Moon overall, that is affecting the exposure. Notice the Moon is so bright, you don't see any surrounding stars farther to the edge of the frame.

So, it's an optical effect of some sort, and related to the limitations of the particular video camera (and its settings) that is connected to the telescope being used.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The "objects" are not moving at all, in fact they are stationary in relation to the telescope/camera. (Or my mouse pointer on the screen)
The moon shifts to the right in the telescope because of the Earth rotation - so even objects from the moon would shift to the right since the Earth rotation would also apply to them.

I don't know what it is, but CERTAINLY nothing on the moon..it *could* actually be defective CMOS pixels on the camera (but i am aware this is speculation).

My guess on this? Those are stars.....stars that were occluded, and appear as the Moon moves on its orbit.

Nope, stars would also slowly move just as the moon.
edit on 7-1-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Better for this thread to go 14 pages when that one already did?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
More fuel for the hollow moonies maybe?
I unfortunately have such vision as to preclude seeing virtually anything take off....but will take everyones word for the reality of the phenomena....
Firstly which direction are they headed?
From where are they comming?
Are they heading out with the moons rotation perhaps? or against it?
I see the pointers so it should be a matter of computer work to locate the point of launch if any....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Misterlondon

Better for this thread to go 14 pages when that one already did?

I don't know what you mean by that?

All im asking is what were the general theories on the anomaly? And which one was the most logical in your opinion?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I understand what you meant about the Earth's rotation, but I guessed stars because relative to the Moon, they are "fixed" in the sky.

Or, think of it as a "backdrop" of sorts....ad the Moon, being so much nearer, moves against that "backdrop" as it orbits.

See?

So, two things going on when you want to track the Moon with a telescope:

Earth's rotation, and the Moon's own movement in its orbit. Can't deny both of those movements......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join