It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Our Real Purpose For Existing...Service To Others....Or Working On Perfecting Ourselves?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

To answer simply. Yes.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Nice post, thank you.

I think it's obvious... If I can find value in myself, I will see the value in others.

Imagine a man who spent his whole life helping others; constantly being taken for granted, maybe even exploited. Also imagine that no one ever saw him giving to others, and that he reached the end of his life without anyone knowing of his good deeds. Would he feel fulfilled at death? Is suffering and pitying for hope of reward considered living?

I also imagine a world where everyone has attained self-mastery, everyone valuing themselves and in turn valuing others. People would work together, knowing that each person is uniquely valuable. I would appreciate this world over a world of pity and suffering.

There's a difference between helping and being asked for help. Helping just for the sake of it is vanity, pure and simple. It's only done so others know you like to help, or so you can receive some sort of cosmic prize, maybe a golden sticker, it's elitism. But if someone asks for help, and you feel they could legitimately use the help, then by all means, there could be no vanity in that, only appreciation of another individual.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
To serve others , yes, but not for the purposes you might think. The initial purpose is to serve as a consciousness proxy so that Infinite can possess consciousness also that of finite. This results in Infinite being greater than infinite by also being finite as a set that contains unlimited iterations, variations and numerations of finite existence, which requires eternity to complete.

All are tools, all are used whether you are aware of the Communion or not through the Door.

The key for us is to become aware of what everyone already has and join in the kata. That or remain in ignorance as a leaf blown about in the winds. To Know is to ride those same winds.
edit on 8-1-2012 by tkwasny because: Typo fix

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This is what I've learned in a nutshell.

It's not all about me. It's about everyone else, with me included. Nothing else is truly functional imo. Oh of course we need to evaluate and discern with regards to who we choose to interact with and who to avoid, but selishness, at the expense of mutuality, leads to all manner of sorrow, suffering, loneliness and isolation, which is a really sad and rather pathetic state of affairs when all the while we are surrounded with the opportunity to be great, where the greatest among us is the servant of all.

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

If there is a One God, then it does seem likely he/she/it would create us to enjoy different facets of experience. But I think it much more likely that we are God. More specifically, that all that exists is consciousness and that we are part of that consciousness. We would then be consciousness choosing to live a 3-D life in order to expand ourselves (our consciousness), to become more aware, or more conscious....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MahtukYonder

If there is a One God, then it does seem likely he/she/it would create us to enjoy different facets of experience. But I think it much more likely that we are God. More specifically, that all that exists is consciousness and that we are part of that consciousness. We would then be consciousness choosing to live a 3-D life in order to expand ourselves (our consciousness), to become more aware, or more conscious....

Yes, and if God created us in His image then conversely God is in our image...which would imply that God likes to learn and experience new things just like we do....and what better way to do that then to give us free will to interact with creation as we will.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I think it works to wish the best for everyone and make the best in every situation for everyone, including ourselves, i think the secret is to know how to act in the benefit of everyone involved in a situation, including ourselves.
I think we are one being, so everything we do to others we do to ourselves, so why not do good to everyone involved in every situations? Why not love everyone as we love ourselves and show it in our actions?

Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
double post
edit on 9-1-2012 by Manula because: double post

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

"That is everyones' natural inclination - self self self - that is why we are here - we're all Fallen Angels and until we learn that we are all one and 'to think of others as thine self ' we will continue to return. We have lived many many lives - we have been Rish, Poor, A Beggar, A thief, Disabled, Famous, Kings, Servants, Black, White and have experienced every possible life you can imagine - All with the one aim - to teach us that we are ONE - How long will it take for us to realize this????? There is no such thing as Time! Yes many of us help when the opportunity presents itself - how many go looking for those opportunities?????"

Yup, i think you are right on target, we are one being, so we need to love others as we love ourselves, be good to everyone, including ourselves.
We are one being learning to resist our selfish impulses and start acting in the benefit of everyone.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I think we are one being, so everything we do to others we do to ourselves, so why not do good to everyone involved in every situations? Why not love everyone as we love ourselves and show it in our actions?
reply to post by Manula

Yes, we are all interconnected and it's not just what we do that effects everything else, it's also our thoughts that affect creation.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

there are many points that u made which from my perspective are missing the truth

truth is absolute superiority in all terms everyone should keep that always in mind, bc it is the truth so any that u would ramble about cant b at all if it is not relatively true at least, even u alone

so believe me a right one dont want any consideration from others since being right is by definition being close to truth so where truth is free right ones are truly free basically so anything they do even if it looks pity for u from ur illusion that urself object shape is in anyway related to u, no they are much beyond it superior state constancy

and that absurdity i keep hearing is a lie, truth is not everyone so considering existence value is not from considering everyone

truth is whatever thing u look at, the constant freedom out of it
truth is whenever u perceive someone free move, the constant result of what it did

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I read or heard this somewhere,

1-25 - Education and learning
25-50 - Marriage and Raising Family
50-75 - Relaxing and Enjoying Life
75-100 - Seeking and Attaining peace

I see working 9-5 for 5 days in row something abnormal to our life and how we suppose to live, wanting more than what we need (which never stops, first you want to be a millionaire, and once you become a millionaire, you want to be billionaire).

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Oh honey, I know you have posted many times on this thread and I've read everyone of them....realizing as I read them that there is some sort of a language barrier....and try as I might I cannot figure out what you are talking about, but I applaud and appreciate all the effort you've put into saying it.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It is probably more because of the need to learn and grow, more than be of service more times than not. However, there are those times when they seem just to want to help with no ulterior motive.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

service to self or self improvement...
The 2 are interlinked and cannot be seperated. They are 2 sides of the same coin. One cannot be a perfect/enlightened being while taking only care of your own physical needs.

On the flipside, anyone that is selfless and serving others have already obtained a very high spiritual level.
Devoting time and energy to spiritual practice will only increase your compassion, respect and love of all beings and eventually you'll realize more and more that everything that exists cannot be seperated, that everything is part of everything else which in essence means that serving others' is the same as serving oneself. This is the highest level thinking we can obtain as human beings.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Don't wait until you are 75 to realize peace.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Our purpose in life is to self-realize and tune into the complexity of the universe and to find why we all are here at this moment in time. I am saying this because I found no real reason and ultimate purpose to hold onto. Some may believe in defining our own purpose but that is not true.

There is no true purpose except for what it has been and what it is already- to realize why we are here. Everything else is only an illusion.
edit on 14-4-2012 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join