It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Our Real Purpose For Existing...Service To Others....Or Working On Perfecting Ourselves?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

u just prove that u never read but urself will, proving how all u mean is u only in all ways

who wants to get up must realize being down is never a duality on the contrary, it is a fact that also i illustrate in saying how any is true, u cant mean mister any else reality before clearly stating urs as the reference to its becoming possibly right and surely

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
the real purpose of life is to realize our true nature as light and not body, Self and not matter. There is no better joy in the world which can not be taken away. The Self which transcends mind is the highest absolute.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
What are your reasons for the service to others. Is it for personal recognition or making yourself feel better or the thought that you are gaIining something spiritually. It must be selfless and motive free. If it cannot be that, you will still help others, however at a cost to your Karma.

Completely agree...

Selfless and motive free.
However...there is a motive force inherent in even this M.O...albeit, on reverse...

What I see you hinting at is some sort of 'spontaneous' service...for no reason, to no end, without purpose...
Reality is...there is a reason, and there is a purpose...as convoluted and difficult as it is to encapsulate on a random ATS board.
And the thought of spontenaiety is far from spontaneous...lets not go down that one!

Cheers
Akushla

Quite amazing that you garnered that from my post. As I was writing it...I was thinking or re-thinking my thoughts about selfless service and how in effect that could actually be accomplished without compromising oneself...but that thought alone is a selfish act...so it is a cunundrum to be contemplated.

Thanks for the awareness of thought!

You're welcome blazenresearcher.
The mechanics of this subject are fairly simple - the compromise really only exists in our minds...so say I...

Cheers
Akushla

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
its about helping others become better, and growing maturing yourself is just a constellation.

Yes, but is it right if we help others solely to make ourselves better people?
I mean would it still count....karma wise and all?
edit on 1/7/2012 by MissSmartypants because: more info

Who cares if it counts. The karma you create both good and bad is a symptom off how far your soul has come not the endpoint. The reason we are sent back if we are is because we need to set things we have done right. If you want to check how far you have evolved then it's not your mind you should test it is how you act when you let your mind go and let your unconcious act without thougt. That is where your soul shines thru. It is what your soul is that is important. Your mind is just a temporary thing and don't be to hard on your self if it sometimes go to ego and is sometimes calculating and analycing. Try not to judge yourself to hard if your mind don't work as you want. I am my biggest judge myself and that is how it should be, but I have to remind myself that this is an unenlightened dreaming world I live in and it is hard to keep the highest ideals while living among the unawakened/unharmonious. The lessons are meant to shape you to evolve. Living here and making mostly good karma is an challange. It is like weightlifting. You don't get strong without heavy load. Earth is a perfect gym but I will be exhausted after my exersice here (my life). Love a soulbrother. Namaste

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The purpose of our lives according to the beliefs of most people is that we enjoy ourselves in the pursuit of happieness (often at the expensive of others).

I feel that others suffer so that we can live well. This isn't something I support either.

By all means, pursue happiness, but I think it shouldn't come at the expensive of others suffering, like sweatshops that produce clothes so you can buy them at Walmart. Or third world countries that are victims of economic terrorism when we force our global economic policies on them, or install dictators. Sure it makes a handful of people very very rich, and perhaps some others benefit as well. But the end result is a kind of slash and burn capitalism that wastes alot of human lives, and creates alot of toxic waste so one generation can benefit. This will eventually lead to our downfall.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

u just prove that u never read but urself will, proving how all u mean is u only in all ways

who wants to get up must realize being down is never a duality on the contrary, it is a fact that also i illustrate in saying how any is true, u cant mean mister any else reality before clearly stating urs as the reference to its becoming possibly right and surely

You appear to wandering off into irrelevant meanderings...facts, truth, rightness, sureness...

If I sound factual...how would me walking away in a supermarket affect both our soul experiences?
If I sound truthful...how would me walking away in a supermarket affect both our soul experiences?
If I sound righteous...how would me walking away in a supermarket affect both our soul experiences?
If I sound sure...how would me walking away in a supermarket affect both our soul experiences?

However I sound, and whatever your stature (height or lack of) how would this make you feel?

Akushla
;

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

how can u repeat such sentence that often, it is all wrong while u also stated being wrong example

noone need another help in a supermarket mister, if i want smthg there i pay for any service

the least example of help stands in living objective reality as a whole constant fact for others, it could b positively money needs or objective support to their rights, like anyone do to a friend abused or in trouble

u keep proving how u mean to step on everything just for selfish pretenses on the net, why dont u invent stories instead of meaning others and everything? bc u mean really everything to steal

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

I know I feel a whole lot better when I can help someone out, even if it is only holding the door open for someone else.
reply to post by DaarkSyde2012

And what if helping others made us feel bad? Would we still do it?

Good Point - Doing for others when you either don't wish to or it makes you feel bad is True Sacrifice of the Self - a purely selfless act.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

How about service to Self AND service to Others... That is My plan. You know about My work to eliminate poverty, hunger, war, power elite control, profit motive from this planet - AND allow Me (and all of Us) to live as I (We) wish in that world.

I invite everyOne to work for this too. All We need to do is get the information about electrogravitics, presently hidden in black ops, out to the tipping point.

For details: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Striving for perfection in ourselves leads to more efficiency and impact when in the service of others.

Those both exist with equal importance.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

What Is Our Real Purpose For Existing...Service To Others....Or Working On Perfecting Ourselves?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . imho . . .

1. ALMIGHTY CREATOR GOD

has set it up so that

He has to be intimately involved with our being perfected in His image.

We CANNOT do it ourselves.

2. HE HAS SET IT UP SUCH THAT

The only route to even cooperating meaningfully with Him in that process

REQUIRES US to SERVE OTHERS.

And not just on the surface with nice looking deeds, whitewash and lipservice

but authentically, earnestly, selflessly FROM THE HEART.

Sound like a great boot-camp for future rulers over countless worlds, multiverses and ages, to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

it is u that state making all confusions possible with ur will to use duality as an argument

and how i become an aunt from saying that being short is being perfect true too, so u mean that everything and everyone should be tall and to get smthg? in order to be respected existing?
mister for ur own infos, in freedom realm the less is the superior, so the tall u mean being is the aunt to scratch easily as nothing that may exist

I really think you misunderstand - he was simply talking in Parables and using Metaphors - if you re read I'm sure you'll see it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

why not both??

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
First, we must find ourselves, in order to find our "purpose." Even if that purpose is, essentially, indefinable, it is a feeling. Once we find this, and once enlightenment begins, we are on the path. Once on the path, one never strays from the path. It's not so much a way of life (because ways of life change), but a spiritual state of existence that is nonphysical and generally, one found, we cannot lose.

After all of this, we serve others, because in so serving others we continue on our path, continuing to grow and perfect ourselves.

This, however, is different for every person, but i think the essence is more-or-less the same.

I think the true purpose is self perfection. I think this is achieved by willingly serving others after we find ourselves and our path (see above), because once on the path service to others is inevitable.

**by service to others i do not mean serving the interests of a controlling group or government. i mean service as what is ethically right to our fellow man.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It is through conscious relationship and service to others and to all life forms on the Earth that we work on ourselves and deepen our spirituality. All form is emptiness, emptiness form. We are both form and spirit. As physical beings we are exceedingly small, but as spiritual beings we are infinitely large. As within, so without. As above, so below. The world is a mirror through which we see ourselves. Practice conscious focus. Individuality is the greatest illusion. All is One. All is Sacred.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . imho . . .

1. ALMIGHTY CREATOR GOD

has set it up so that

He has to be intimately involved with our being perfected in His image.

We CANNOT do it ourselves.

2. HE HAS SET IT UP SUCH THAT

The only route to even cooperating meaningfully with Him in that process

REQUIRES US to SERVE OTHERS.

And not just on the surface with nice looking deeds, whitewash and lipservice

but authentically, earnestly, selflessly FROM THE HEART.

Sound like a great boot-camp for future rulers over countless worlds, multiverses and ages, to me.

Perhaps our end goal in our quest towards enlightenment is simply just to Love. And a natural byproduct of that is service to others.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Practice conscious focus.
reply to post by boeserwolf

If by that you mean 'live in the moment', I agree. The choices we make in each individual "now" are what propel us (hopefully) towards enlightenment.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Or how about this. The Universe is a thriving chaotic sea of infinite potential where nearly anything can happen. What ever happens, just happens. There is no golden tablet at the center of the Universe with the meaning or purpose of life written on it. Some times I help others, some times I work on 'perfecting' myself. It doesn't really matter what I choose to do, it's my choice, and I have free will so that I may do what I like. I think it's silly for people to believe there's some type of underlying guidelines or rules that need to be followed in order to live life 'correctly'. So many people need something in easy to read English to tell them how to live (aka the bible). Even more so, people need the meaning/purpose of life written down in easy to read English, but it's just not going to happen. We need to accept the Universe for what it is, and stop thinking that everything revolves around us and every action we take.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Or how about this. The Universe is a thriving chaotic sea of infinite potential where nearly anything can happen. What ever happens, just happens. There is no golden tablet at the center of the Universe with the meaning or purpose of life written on it. Some times I help others, some times I work on 'perfecting' myself. It doesn't really matter what I choose to do, it's my choice, and I have free will so that I may do what I like. I think it's silly for people to believe there's some type of underlying guidelines or rules that need to be followed in order to live life 'correctly'. So many people need something in easy to read English to tell them how to live (aka the bible). Even more so, people need the meaning/purpose of life written down in easy to read English, but it's just not going to happen. We need to accept the Universe for what it is, and stop thinking that everything revolves around us and every action we take.

It basically sounds as if you're purpose for existing is to take up space. But please except that others may actually have a real, factual purpose for their existence that they feel a need to fulfill.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

It seems to me . . .

that to be able to LOVE

REQUIRES

the GENUINE OPTION

NOT TO LOVE.

That is . . . when a NONLOVE choice is made, that there are genuine consequences . . .

not make-believe consequences nor shallow meaningless consequences.

And, therefore, of course, NON-LOVE yields suffering.

Yet suffering affords an opportunity for others to love MORE.

Fascinating paradoxes seem to abound in this bootcamp.

Certainly I believe that LOVING is a supremely high priority for our existential thrownness.

However, I don't see that as an abstract thing of some sort of nebulous foggy etherial OMMMMM sort of oneness.

I see such rooted and grounded in RELATIONSHIP

And, I think the uniqueness of the Biblical TRINITY which comprise ONENESS WITH RELATIONSHIP AND DIALOGUE . . . AND LOVE

is the foundational substrate, model, fabric of reality etc. as well as the greatly preferred Destination, Goal, Home, Identity. . . .

imho, of course.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join