It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Our Real Purpose For Existing...Service To Others....Or Working On Perfecting Ourselves?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I know I feel a whole lot better when I can help someone out, even if it is only holding the door open for someone else.
reply to post by DaarkSyde2012

And what if helping others made us feel bad? Would we still do it?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
It's all pointless, and in the end, entirely meaningless too.
Sorry

unlike your post, things are not meaningless and pointless.

We shouldnt help others in expectation of getting back, it should be selfless.
edit on 7-1-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

I know I feel a whole lot better when I can help someone out, even if it is only holding the door open for someone else.
reply to post by DaarkSyde2012

And what if helping others made us feel bad? Would we still do it?

thats not possible.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

what is amazing is how noone feel ashame by stating helping others
how dont u have that sense of being wrong there, and why dont u help others without saying any about it
how anything u do is to claim doing smthg, as if being true is only about making a list of all what u do to sum it up

one could reply to others quests of needs but never in objective terms, what is objective must remain to absolute existence, only nothing concept justify what one could give to another so one should forget about it while doing it

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
reply to post by akushla99

helping another is never helping urself

helping another is only for god justification to urself as a thing created inferiority always

that is how ur notion of help mean only inferior states of being, u wont ever mean to help someone sucess growth or ambitions or to be above u

while helping onself cant b but from the free conscious sense out moves

If I understand what you are saying...it is pure tripe! (if I have understood it incorrectly - apologies in advance).

The dynamics of interpersonal transactions requires the use of more than one person to achieve a single or common goal - incidentally, the common goal I refer to, is the uplift of the consciousness of a planet - internet smarta**es sitting at thier computer, replying in esoteric ways to fairly practical questions, is really just tripe in the end...so, kudos, that you feel like you're teaching me something Guru Bob, but you ain't...thank you for your input.

No man/woman is an island...if you're a short person, next time you need something from the top shelf of supermarket, and I am standing next to you...I will walk away to prove my point!

Cheers
Akushla

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What are your reasons for the service to others. Is it for personal recognition or making yourself feel better or the thought that you are gaIining something spiritually. It must be selfless and motive free. If it cannot be that, you will still help others, however at a cost to your Karma.

Perfecting ourselves...yes, in a way we are working through our pasts. To connect with what our purpose is...is to look at the things that pain us and we struggle with. That would be the polarity that needs the focus. The polarity that actions need to be done to neutralize. THAT is what you are supposed to be doing...those things that neutralizes your sufferings. "Your Special Purpose"...like in the movie THE JERK!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

how dare u mean to urself that u could seriously lift planet consciousness, while u r much less then even urself thing reality, it is people like u that use their pcs for rambling freely in realizing their fancies like being wht they are never with few words
we will see how u and ur brothers fellows work for same goal will end

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
What are your reasons for the service to others. Is it for personal recognition or making yourself feel better or the thought that you are gaIining something spiritually. It must be selfless and motive free. If it cannot be that, you will still help others, however at a cost to your Karma.

Completely agree...

Selfless and motive free.
However...there is a motive force inherent in even this M.O...albeit, on reverse...

What I see you hinting at is some sort of 'spontaneous' service...for no reason, to no end, without purpose...
Reality is...there is a reason, and there is a purpose...as convoluted and difficult as it is to encapsulate on a random ATS board.
And the thought of spontenaiety is far from spontaneous...lets not go down that one!

Cheers
Akushla

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

anyway in meaning going up u must realize how down u r, this is the only right way in being true urself

while u no, u mean that im down or others and u are suppose to b like an angel from providence to lift us and the planet without ever including urself in the equation

short by definition dont need a lift, any cant b but the constant of what it is always same

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

how dare u mean to urself that u could seriously lift planet consciousness, while u r much less then even urself thing reality, it is people like u that use their pcs for rambling freely in realizing their fancies like being wht they are never with few words
we will see how u and ur brothers fellows work for same goal will end

No man/woman is an island...if you're a short person, next time you need something from the top shelf of supermarket, and I am standing next to you...I will walk away to prove my point!

Subjectivism/objectivism aside...if you view yourself as some sort of meaningless ant...good for you! You can be an ant - standing in a supermarket aisle cursing me for walking away!

Cheers
Akushla

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2012 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

@ absolutely...Is english a second language? In either case, I usually find your posts abrupt and insensitive..second language or not. If it is not, then it must be the vodka talking.

I erased my original comment. I don't usually point things out until I've run across it a few times.

I'm hoping that I am wrong and it might be a problem with typing...in that case my apologies, but still the message and ideals you present seem negative. Remove those dark energies and smile!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

reply to post by absolutely

anyway in meaning going up u must realize how down u r, this is the only right way in being true urself

while u no, u mean that im down or others and u are suppose to b like an angel from providence to lift us and the planet without ever including urself in the equation

short by definition dont need a lift, any cant b but the constant of what it is always same

The realisation of duality (especially vis-a-vis self/others, and help thereof), is what I am saying...don't get confused!

Akushla
;

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Both.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Both.

DING! DING! DING! DING! We have a winner, ladies and gentlemen!
And even our most selfless, secret acts of kindness to others will still unavoidably lead us forward in our journey to enlightenment.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

it is u that state making all confusions possible with ur will to use duality as an argument

and how i become an aunt from saying that being short is being perfect true too, so u mean that everything and everyone should be tall and to get smthg? in order to be respected existing?
mister for ur own infos, in freedom realm the less is the superior, so the tall u mean being is the aunt to scratch easily as nothing that may exist

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

it is u that state making all confusions possible with ur will to use duality as an argument

and how i become an aunt from saying that being short is being perfect true too, so u mean that everything and everyone should be tall and to get smthg? in order to be respected existing?
mister for ur own infos, in freedom realm the less is the superior, so the tall u mean being is the aunt to scratch easily as nothing that may exist

No...perhaps you should re-read what you have written!
I did not introduce the concept of duality - but, you did!
I then used your introduction of duality to tie it in with the OP.

I have no special/unusual/compulsive fascination for short or tall people. The supermarket illustration was used to show helping, of a selfless nature.

Akushla
;

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

@ absolutely...Is english a second language? In either case, I usually find your posts abrupt and insensitive..second language or not. If it is not, then it must be the vodka talking.

I erased my original comment. I don't usually point things out until I've run across it a few times.

I'm hoping that I am wrong and it might be a problem with typing...in that case my apologies, but still the message and ideals you present seem negative. Remove those dark energies and smile!

so u r ordering me to remove whatever u call of me being dark so i must find in myself what is dark to u and invent a cut that could please ur order?
miss the only negative here is obviously u that clearly state another words in living negative terms, which cant b but urself there

while what i said is beyond absolute positive facts, when i clearly judged help negative for meaning others as things inferiority and never their superior rights
while also stating that who really help is who never mention it

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Completely agree...

However...there is a motive force inherent in even this M.O...albeit, on reverse...

What I see you hinting at is some sort of 'spontaneous' service...for no reason, to no end, without purpose...
Reality is...there is a reason, and there is a purpose...as convoluted and difficult as it is to encapsulate on a random ATS board.
And the thought of spontenaiety is far from spontaneous...lets not go down that one!

Cheers
Akushla

Quite amazing that you garnered that from my post. As I was writing it...I was thinking or re-thinking my thoughts about selfless service and how in effect that could actually be accomplished without compromising oneself...but that thought alone is a selfish act...so it is a cunundrum to be contemplated.

Thanks for the awareness of thought!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I feel that we are just here to learn and enjoy life
What we each learn is what we need to learn to move on.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Completely agree...

Cheers
Akushla

Quite amazing that you garnered that from my post. As I was writing it...I was thinking or re-thinking my thoughts about selfless service and how in effect that could actually be accomplished without compromising oneself...but that thought alone is a selfish act...so it is a cunundrum to be contemplated.

Thanks for the awareness of thought!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join