It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran offers nuclear technology to friendly African nations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by seabag

uhmm...those have already been addressed. Like I said, do you have any actual provocations?

prov·o·ca·tion    /ˌprɒvəˈkeɪʃən/ Show Spelled[prov-uh-key-shuhn] Show IPA noun
1. the act of provoking.
2. something that incites, instigates, angers, or irritates.
3. Criminal Law . words or conduct leading to killing in hot passion and without deliberation.

...not reacting to sanctions put against them. In other words. What has Iran done to the US that justifies the sanctions against them and the coming war? I might not be making myself clear.

If you don’t see Iran’s cumulative actions as provocation then there is nothing I can add to sway you.

As for the cause of the sanctions, lets see…
• Iran’s bombing of the US embassy in Tehran
• Iran’s bombing of the US embassy and marine barracks in Lebanon
• Irans sponsoring of terrorists
• Irans pursuit on nuclear weapons

Iran hasn’t crossed the line yet, which is why there has been no attack…yet!! But they are fast approaching the point of no return.

edit on 7-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
I think it is criminal to give away extremely dangerous knowledge, such as how to build a nuclear facility. Such knowledge must be earned, in order to stay safe.

Africa, may have a few scholars and scientists in the big cities, but does the countries with all the mineral deposits that Iran may end up working with, have that type of science community? I don't think so. Baby steps, that is how a country should move, when it comes to anything nuclear or lethal.

I've always felt it was Iran's right to have nuclear technology, if they earned the knowledge, but to offer to give it away is a whole other story.

So I guess China is criminal as well. Not to mention the US helping Iran with their nuclear ambitions.

From the source:

The nuclear program of Iran was launched in the 1950s with the help of the United States as part of the Atoms for Peace program.[1] The support, encouragement and participation of the United States and Western European governments in Iran's nuclear program continued until the 1979 Iranian Revolution that toppled the Shah of Iran.

I also believe any country should have the capacity for nuclear, although I am more in favor of Thorium reactors.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If you don’t see Iran’s cumulative actions as provocation then there is nothing I can add to sway you.
Iran hasn’t crossed the line yet, which is why there has been no attack…yet!! But they are fast approaching the point of no return.

I don't see their cumulative actions as provocation as there are none that would count as provocation towards these sanctions. If you want to suck the teet of MSM and the US gov't, be my guest.

You mean the US embassy bombing that took place from November 4, 1979-January 21, 1981?

The bombing of the US embassy in Lebanon in 1983?

Iran's sponsoring of terrorists? Pot calling the kettle black.

Iran's pursuit on nuclear weapons...prove it.

All of this is way in the past or conjecture on the MSM's part. I agree that they are fast approaching the point of no return, but, it is the US that drew the line in the sand.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Why does every chickenhawk warmonger think they're a poet or an historian? Is this just a tick they have, or what... Are they sub-consciously trying to spice up their rampant evil with nonsensical "glory" and "pride". I do not want to live one day in one of these short-circuited minds...

Says the guy posting his opinion online with the rest of us....

I imagine you guys have a chip implanted in your brains that holds one Lee Greenwood mp3, and it plays on a loop, forever.

Well..

You're half right. You do have an active imagination.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by seabag

I don't see their cumulative actions as provocation as there are none that would count as provocation towards these sanctions. If you want to suck the teet of MSM and the US gov't, be my guest.

You mean the US embassy bombing that took place from November 4, 1979-January 21, 1981?

The bombing of the US embassy in Lebanon in 1983?

Iran's sponsoring of terrorists? Pot calling the kettle black.

Iran's pursuit on nuclear weapons...prove it.

All of this is way in the past or conjecture on the MSM's part. I agree that they are fast approaching the point of no return, but, it is the US that drew the line in the sand.

You asked me what the justification was for the sanctions! If killing 300 Americans isn't justification enough for you then nothing would be. Should we have done nothing?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Three hundred Americans? Where are you getting that figure from?

Also the sanctions being imposed now are not because of something that happened almost 30 years ago. They are being imposed due to Iran allegedly trying to develop a nuclear weapon.

I really don't know what your point is....apart from trying to backpedal and find some weak justification for launching military action.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I mean if you want to play that game we could say that because the United States overthrew Iran's democratically elected government in 1953, that they are trying to develop a nuclear weapon to try and stop the possibility of it ever happening again.....or the United States launching an attack to make it happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Maybe, but 30 years later?
That isn't a justification for the sanctions that are in place now. Show me one article that cites one of these past events as a reason for the sanctions. Bet you 10,000 ATS points.

Edit: I never was good at math, but when does 60 = 300?

edit on 7-1-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by seabag

Three hundred Americans? Where are you getting that figure from?

Also the sanctions being imposed now are not because of something that happened almost 30 years ago. They are being imposed due to Iran allegedly trying to develop a nuclear weapon.

I really don't know what your point is....apart from trying to backpedal and find some weak justification for launching military action.

I think you just hit the nail on the head!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

The government doesn't GIVE you any rights, you're born with them. It can only take them away, which it seems to have been very good at these past several years!

edit on 7/1/12 by Kram09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

And how does this involve you? Ok sorry for the wording. If you wanna get particularly here then:

The government protects such freedoms for you!

Where would you be without the help of our government? hum... lets think for a second, probably back in the stone age. Sick of you little kids taking everything for granted when you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Yes this system is flawed, corruption and crap happens, but its built the mightiest nation on Earth. Enough said.

edit on 7-1-2012 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

How does this involve me?

That's probably the most absurd question anyone has every asked me on this site.

Well it's an international website....

The topic is one which affects the world.

How silly....so because I'm from the UK suddenly I should leave the thread or something?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The government protects such freedoms for you!

Their standards have been slipping as of late...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I don't see the problem.
Put aside the hypocrisy which is spewed from the dragons mouth in the west for a moment.

As long as it can be ensured these nations will only pursue nuclear energy research and development, in a similar to way as Iran has done... what can go wrong? This is a benefit for everyone in the region, everyone should be entitled to electricity. There are many places in africa which deserve to have a chance to live in the same world as much of modern society does.

I see this as a great humanitarian offer... although as we come back to reality. "All for one, and one for all".

The nations that would be against any kind of sharing, are the same ones who put "filesharing" above murder, and introduce bills such as ACTA and SOPA.

Sharing is caring. Whether it be in the form of nuclear energy advancements or a file copied from a harddrive. Humanity is only where it is today because of sharing knowledge.

Everything should be shared, and this is a good announcement coming from Iran for the greater good of humanity. You would have to make sure these countries had the capabilities of protecting the environment from natural disasters being the highest priority.

I'm sure there are other obvious downsides to this, although my initial reaction sees this a good thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Yes this system is flawed, corruption and crap happens, but its built the mightiest nation on Earth.

So far.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

I agree.

Some may see such a view as naive, but if Americans tried to put aside their inate paranoia and suspicion for once then maybe we might be able to make some progress away from the "blowing other countries to rubble" strategy.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Really now talking empires oh like how the Persian empire became no more and every move is to relive old glory and to bring about the 12th imam and now making best buds with African nations so they can build nukes.

Yeah man way to go Iran the Islamofascist theocracy going nuclear where they fund Hamas and Hezbollah fund and train the insuregents that lead to American deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan and other lesser know events because the Defenders of Iran just paint such a rosy picture of them and condemn the great satans and the little satans.

When that first nukes goes off they will still be defending Iran used by them.
edit on 7-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ah so you're saying that you think if Iran acquires nuclear weapons it will provide them to Hamas etc?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join