It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would happen if, people were cut off from benefits?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
It is funny how you Americans see the tree (the benefits) but not the forest (outsourcing). All those American businesses not being worked by American people is the real problem, not unemployment benefits.

At the best times for America, were there any American businesses producing their goods ot of America? the answer is NO. Amercans had jobs back then because all goods were produced in America. Nowadays, most goods are imported from the Far East, and not a single dollar has gone to an American citizen during their production.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kutthroat
reply to post by MeesterB

So you think the people who receive benefits make up most of the united states's crime? Haha.. Wow

Regardless, you'd give people a choice between an honest life and dealing drugs/gangbanging. Poor people are more likely to commit violent crimes. Disagree?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

anybody who would lose their home and be starving, their children starving would be desperate-and desperate people would do things they would do otherwise such as rob or loot etc

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i know i shouldn't be surprised, but i am in ways.
maybe i have faith for humanity that others do not, but the thought of riots, drug dealing, gang banging and crime in general from having benefits cut is really sad.
this brings a few issues to mind,
-some americans are so incredibly spoiled that if they do not receive help they will starve.
-compared to most of the rest of the world we as a culture refuse to pitch in and help those who need it.
-the expectations of poor americans is absolutely rediculous, not only do they live way, way, way beyond their means, but they would die w/o help. not only that, but they would die before finding a way to support themselves.

seriously, i don't get some of this,are the majority of poor american that pathetic and lazy that they would let their kids starve before getting a job flipping burgers?
would they riot first and/or turn to a life of crime?
so many replies leaning this way is truly making poor americans look pathetically inept.

edit on 8-1-2012 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I think this argument or threat as I would call it, is what is used to scare people into not reforming our entitlement system. "Don't stop the money or the world will end!!!" BS! If someone would rather starve or turn to crime rather than do the right thing for themselves and their family then they deserve what they get.
I am sick an tired of being threatened and robbed of my money because of someone else's ineptitude.
Charity is great and for me to decide who I help, not for someone else or the government to take from me.

Remember...you eventually run out of other people's money or they they take their toys and leave.
edit on 8-1-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join