It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing moment a passer-by in Indian city was scalped by a ferocious jungle leopard * graphic *

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Not totally sure where to post this but this forum always has a lot of animal post in it. Mods if the image is to much for ATS feel free to snip it.

A fully grown leopard attacked and injured four people after it strayed into a residential area in the north-east Indian city of Guwahati today.

The locals were seriously wounded by the leopard after it ran into a house on the busy Nabagraha Road in a central residential neighbourhood of Silphukhuri.

An auto rickshaw driver managed to cage the panicked leopard inside the house, which was kept locked until forest department officials arrived and sedated the animal.

*WARNING* Daily Mail source article contains a lot of blood.

"We believe the cat strayed into the area from a nearby hillock, maybe in search of food," a forest department official said.

The hills around Guwahati are covered in dense jungle.

Large areas of the jungle have been cleared to make way for the construction of houses.

But that has led to an increase in attacks by wild animals as creatures that lived in the jungle have lost their habitat and their food sources.

*WARNING* Daily Mail source article contains a lot of blood.

Piece of the action: Photographers and onlookers crowd to see the transquilised animal as it is taken to away for observation at Assam State Zoo

Caught: the leopard is taken to Assam state zoo. Attacks by wild animals have increased as nearby jungle has been cut down

The poor Leopard must have been pretty hungry to risk attacking humans. Thank god no one died and the Leopard wasn't killed. Im pretty sure if this had happened in the US they would have just shot it.

edit on 7-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Although I am an animal lover, I would have been the first person to put it down. I would feel awful after, reflecting on the cause and effect and why it felt it necessary to come to town for food.

BUT, the fact remains, my kids are more important to me than a wild cat.... It would have been quick and painless.

He would make a beautiful rug... (only have after being forced to kill it)

I would not risk mine or my kids life, in the attempt to cage it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Putting the cat into a zoo is probably a sentence worse than death.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Thanks for the special story!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid

You made me really think about this.
I am still pondering.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Maybe not, the animal already tasted humans, set him free could be worse.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shermanator

if you're worried about your kids
DON'T go to the leopards territory and tear it down and you won't have any trouble

you see him as a pretty rug and throw away the rest but Leopard, unlike you,
does not believe in waste and will even suck all the marrow out of your bones
after eating all the rest

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
A living can opener.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Yeah because guaranteed food and medical treatment is worse than death.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ouch, poor little kitty got hungry and fancied an Indian
I can relate to that, love a vindaloo.

I have no sympathy, if they are destroying the creatures natural habitat, what do they expect?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

Yeah because guaranteed food and medical treatment is worse than death.

There is also something as the value of freedom, so NOT being contained, visible or not.
A lot of people now do not really see the value of it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Did the man with the removable toupee go in the woods and cut ANYTHING DOWN? You don't know, therefore you are ignorant to the facts.

The more I think about it.. I'm a cat and dog lover, not a BIG cat lover..

Your response made me think about the innocent people being killed and eaten by this predator. They didn't cut the trees, they just want their family to be safe.

I found a trip for my sons and I to go on, where we can kill, skin and eat one of these predators, though I wont eat the morrow, instead look to make a Leopard bone lamp. Or maybe a gun rack.

Thank you for the idea. I will post pictures of our adventure.

We have to build to accommodate population.... You are right.. our expansion is going to cause them to head into town and kill people.. I never thought about the danger people are in. If anyone else was inspired by this member, I found a reasonable rate from this outfitter here. "BulletSafaris" They have a nice lady named Stacy that will plan and book your entire trip. U2U me for contact info.

I just booked a leopard and impala hunt, though my youngest is too young they said, my oldest is going to be SUPER excited. he is a hunter, but has only hunted bear, white tail and turkey.

Again, I appreciate the inspiration.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Shermanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Shermanator

In my opinion Sir, you are a complete nutter.
In order to prevent the spreading of this problem, I personally took it upon me to contact Gaya, yes this is how it should be pronounced.
She agreed with me.
So please do the hunting trip and you and your son will get a lesson.
Probably nothing heroic but more like parasites or viruses that lost their habitat.
So there will be no nice new rug for your home, just medical bills stacking up.

edit on 7/1/12 by Pokoia because: language

edit on 7/1/12 by Pokoia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shermanator
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Did the man with the removable toupee go in the woods and cut ANYTHING DOWN? You don't know, therefore you are ignorant to the facts.

The more I think about it.. I'm a cat and dog lover, not a BIG cat lover..

Your response made me think about the innocent people being killed and eaten by this predator. They didn't cut the trees, they just want their family to be safe.

I found a trip for my sons and I to go on, where we can kill, skin and eat one of these predators, though I wont eat the morrow, instead look to make a Leopard bone lamp. Or maybe a gun rack.

Thank you for the idea. I will post pictures of our adventure.

We have to build to accommodate population.... You are right.. our expansion is going to cause them to head into town and kill people.. I never thought about the danger people are in. If anyone else was inspired by this member, I found a reasonable rate from this outfitter here. "BulletSafaris" They have a nice lady named Stacy that will plan and book your entire trip. U2U me for contact info.

I just booked a leopard and impala hunt, though my youngest is too young they said, my oldest is going to be SUPER excited. he is a hunter, but has only hunted bear, white tail and turkey.

Again, I appreciate the inspiration.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Shermanator because: (no reason given)

lol so if we don't here from you again we can safely assume
you've found your proper place in the food chain.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shermanator

Rhymes with 'tanker'. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem. There is no reason for you to do this apart from satisfying your own blood lust and testosterone-fueled macho nonsense.
You obviously can provide without having to resort to mindless, senseless killing.
Humans like you disgust me.

edit on 7-1-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2012 by aorAki because: Not sure why the text is so small...sorry.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

I think Shermanator by now knows that his opinions are not hat widely supported.
Bummer for him.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I cant help thinking just how did this picture get taken? So a guy is getting ripped apart by a leopard 10 feet away and someones first thought was to pick up a camera rather than help him?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I cant help thinking just how did this picture get taken? So a guy is getting ripped apart by a leopard 10 feet away and someones first thought was to pick up a camera rather than help him?

Yep, pictures or it didn't happen.

That had to hurt. Guy will wake up the next day with one severe Migraine. That's for sure.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
so such a scare # moment, knowing full well that the cat can and will kill you at any second..i guess thats what happens when one enters their domain, similar to how we shoot to kill and then ask questions when one enters our home.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join