It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Prove That All Religious Books Are Man-Made Nonsense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

WASHINGTON DC - USA - Scientists at the Institute of Historical Research have finally released their findings after five years of dedicated research.

The scientists headed by Doctor Julius Sanreso, welcomed the research findings and said that it would be in the interests of those who believe in such nonsense as organised religion or creationism to accept the fact that religious books were written by men as a control system.

Well, while this may not be news to some, I'm sure it will rock a few worlds.

The research paper will be published in its entirety in 2015.

Now I will duck for cover

Source

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

This appears to be the UK's equivalent of the Onion. Just take a look at some of the other articles on that site.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Yeah...I think you might want to see about having this one moved to the jokes, puns, and pranks forum given the source and apparent lack of existence for the research cited...I'm guessing this is parody.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Great source while you are at it check out the daily mash for some really shocking stories

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
No # they were written by men

However, in the source when the lead scientist states that the events put forward in the bible are limited to the technology of the medieval ages, i think they are wrong. They just didn't interpret it right. In the Book of Revelations, there is mentioning of marksinserted in the forehead or hand, it isn't to hard to think og their marks as our code chips.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
if this is true, why would it take 3 years to publish this? i call it bull# and i'm an agnostic...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by ken10

This appears to be the UK's equivalent of the Onion. Just take a look at some of the other articles on that site.

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't heard of this site.

Oh well, take from it what you will.....and Mods please move to where-ever appropriate.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Science is based on theory and Religion is based on faith. There is some scientific fact and there is some religious fact.In my opinion, this is total B.S. Science cant prove or disprove God's existence .

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
S+F for the title alone!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
You could have 100% proof which is fail proof and religious people will just tell you science is of the devil and its evil which reminds me of this song.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

"Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fancies. To teach superstitions as truths is a most terrible thing." - Hypatia of Alexandria (370 - 415 AD)

the dates are wrong though, she was 19 going on 20 when she was stalked and murdered by xtian terrorists

Death

Hypatia was believed to be the cause of strained relations between Orestes, the Imperial Roman Prefect, and the Patriarch Cyril, thus she attracted the hatred of the Christians of Alexandria, who wanted the governor and the priest to reconcile. One day, in March AD 415, during Lent, a Christian mob of lay Christians led by "Peter the Reader," waylaid Hypatia's chariot as she travelled home.[27] The mob attacked Hypatia, stripped her naked as a form of humiliation, then dragged her through the streets to the recently Christianised Caesareum church, where they killed her. The reports suggest that the mob of Christians flayed her body with ostraca (pot shards), and then burned her remains:

Socrates Scholasticus (5th century)
Yet even she fell a victim to the political jealousy, which at that time prevailed. For, as she had frequent interviews with Orestes, it was calumniously reported, among the Christian populace, that it was she who prevented Orestes from being reconciled to the bishop. Some of them, therefore, hurried away by a fierce and bigoted zeal, whose ringleader was a reader named Peter, waylaid her returning home, and, dragging her from her carriage, they took her to the church called Caesareum, where they completely stripped her, and then murdered her by scraping her skin off with tiles and bits of shell. After tearing her body in pieces, they took her mangled limbs to a place called Cinaron, and there burnt them." [28]

John of Nikiû (7th century)

And, in those days, there appeared in Alexandria a female philosopher, a pagan named Hypatia, and she was devoted at all times to magic, astrolabes, and instruments of music, and she beguiled many people through Satanic wiles . . . A multitude of believers in God arose under the guidance of Peter the Magistrate . . . and they proceeded to seek for the pagan woman who had beguiled the people of the city and the Prefect through her enchantments. And when they learnt the place where she was, they proceeded to her and found her . . . they dragged her along till they brought her to the great church, named Caesareum. Now this was in the days of the fast. And they tore off her clothing and dragged her . . . through the streets of the city till she died. And they carried her to a place named Cinaron, and they burned her body with fire.[20]

Read more:

sources answers .com www.answers.com...
and wiki en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
A parody of religion is better than religion itself. That UK "onion" article spoke 100% truth. I like my religion like I like my Cthulhu, in small fantasy doses.

new topics

top topics

join