It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know your neighbors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Somebody sent this link to me through an e-mail and I thought I'd share it. If you enter your address you can find out who your neighbors are, I think even their phone numbers. I thought it was kind of creepy. Check it out.

neighbors.whitepages.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I guess this only works as an national thing?

I can't use it, luckily hehe

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
That's creepy! I noticed I managed to remove myself from most public internet searches so I don't pop up near my neighbors, but their info shows up. The disturbingly close satellite pictures seem to be old though, like years old. I'm sure this will help the stalkers be more efficient.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Oh wow,7 of my neighbors have swimming pools in
their backyards.There is a large pond just one block
over that I didn't know about.
Very interesting and creepy at the same time.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
LOL

Creepy? This is so common in Germany. You can find people via "Gelbeseiten" or "Telefonbuch" by entering their names, adress, phone number etc.

Is this really anything unordinary in the USA?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
I guess this only works as an national thing?

I can't use it, luckily hehe

None of these people finders work in Canada. Thankfully, we have fairly strict privacy laws. Hope they stay.

Even if this did work up here, I don't have an address, just a land location and a post office box in town. Nicely rural.

I do know my neighbours though, I have nice ones.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That's nothing. They have taken it a thousand levels beyond that already. A still from a video camera at the gas station, or any camera, can be used and within 30 seconds they can have your name, address, ss number, bank info, and more. Relies a lot on facebook.

Even if you are not on facebook, if anybody you know is, chances are you are tagged in at least one picture somewhere, and from that they've got you.

Cloud facial recognition

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Thats maybe a little creepy and a sort of invasion of privacy. Why dont we all just go and and verbally communicate with them instead of finding all of their information sort of like stalkers :p

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Now, if it showed it live, that would be another thing, or personal info on residents. That would make me extremely uncomfortable.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Have tried it only works for people who are currently at your address i.e. apartment complex and have a landline.
As my neighbors are wild unruly play loud music and sit outside and talk and laugh loudly and let their barking dogs run loose on the property at all hours day and night I really have no wish to actually know them. If this state didn't 1st month's rent last months rent and security deposit to move in some place else I would gladly do so in some cases it can cost to move into a place as high as $1700 and these are not luxury apartments. That's not including renting u-haul or movers. The place we have has no on-site management and the real estate management in general is useless for complaints they tell us to call the police. Well I try not to but sometimes it can really get you especially around 11p.m. when you wish to relax. So talk about being trapped in bad situation!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You can remove yourself. When you find your name/addy, click on it....go to the very bottom and in small black print it says "Is this you?" click on it to remove it.
Instructions here...

How do I remove my information from people search results?
We understand that everyone has different privacy needs, so we have made removing your personal information from people search results very easy. To remove your information from WhitePages people search results, follow these steps:

Search for the information by name, address or phone number on www.whitepages.com
If your search returns multiple results, click on your name
On the “Detail View” page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Is this you? Remove your listing”
In most cases, your information will be removed within minutes of completing the removal process.
In addition to results available for free, we offer links to additional information available through advertisements. Search results provided by advertisers say “sponsored links” or “sponsored by”. This information is not provided by or controlled by WhitePages. To remove information appearing in these advertisements, you will need to contact the advertiser directly. Simply click the links in the advertisement to go to the advertiser’s website. Once on their website, follow the instructions to remove your information

edit on January 18th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks for that. It's good to know.

new topics

top topics

join