It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Places You Aren't Allowed To Visit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hi everybody, the title says it all!

10 places you can't visit!
Or, well that's up for discussion, as I don't know half of these places,
so if anyone know something about this, then share!

The place I find most interesting is the "Lascaux caves - France"
I would like to know more about it, but it seems like it isn't that secret after all.

The Lascaux Caves (or Lascaux Grottoes) in southwest France contain some of the oldest and finest prehistoric art in the world. The cave paintings, which mainly depict animals, are some 17,000 years old and seem to have a ritual purpose. For preservation reasons, the public may only visit a well-executed replica called Lascaux II.

Hehe, I do understand why they wont let people in there.
Catastrophic!

edit on 1/7/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Changed quote to EX, please use EX not QUOTE in place of external content.

edit on 1/7/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

ATTENTION!
Since not everyone can view the video, you need to write out what is in the video. You need to list these places yourself!

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

So remember:

* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

edit on January 7th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Since you are interested in caves, i wanted to add that allegedly there is a cave in africa that is guarded by a tribe that claim the cave holds extraterrestrial secrets or something similar.I can't remember the name of the cave at the moment, but i can find out. iI saw it on a history channel documentary i have at home.

The tribe guard the cave entrance so that nobody can go in, and this cave is supposed to be extremely old. It seems very interesting! I'll have to watch the documentary again and i'll post back with the name.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

The caves in France just hold tribal pictures that oxygen and oil ( from human hands) would damage. A grew over it and then was hit by lightning. Two children discovered it and it was open until they decided it could be damaged.

www.mazzaroth.com...
edit on 7-1-2012 by Seanwalsh because: (no reason given)

(How can I get the image into a post without a link?)
edit on 7-1-2012 by Seanwalsh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by evantide

You mean the cave of the Dogons? It predicted all sorts of stuff about Sirius B. Covered in the first part of this video (hope it embeds):

As for the topic at hand . . .
S+F for the awesome video! I really wish I could get into the Vatican library, myself.

Just my two cents,
Seraph

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i have visited lascaux when hi had 13 years old, school trip it opens sometimes for shorts visits its amazing animal paintings etc some scientist says that they are the oldest paintings known by men ^^

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
the Qaba is a large block of rock in Saudi Arabia that only Moslems are allowed to visit. supposedly built by Abraham I would personally like to visit this icon out of personal research and curiousity. the Qaba is in Mecca or Medina? it may be made out of obsidian and story I was told that it was where the previous arab god/idols were stored and after Mohammed and his Quraish tribe overtook that area they took out the former idols and dedicated this monument to there tribal moon goddess Allah.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I've been to Club 33 at Disneyland more then 3 times. GREAT Place to eat. And? They serve alcohol.

Can you say Martini in Disneyland at lunch? G.E. has a corporate account there. I lost interest after I saw Club 33 in the video.

NOTHING sinister about it at all. Yep, Eichner and Walt's pics are on the walls. They RAN and owned the place.

I DID feel guilty eating Lamb Chops at lunch though. I gave my kids the extra fries.

Happy?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The first place Menwith Hill is just up the road from where I live.
My friend and I have often driven past it at night and in the wink of an eye we get tailed by their military police vehicle. Though they never have stopped us.
Most of the complex is hidden from view by trees which hide a field of HAARP type antenna.
Also two radio type pylons which appear as though they are warning beacons for low flying aircraft - though it is illegal to fly over the complex. These lights seem to work on Infa red waves and pulse alternatively as if recieving or giving out coded data.
Also the complex is on high ground and we reckon there are tunnels which come out miles away on the wild moorland once guarded by military types but that entry point has subsiquently dissapeared
However I believe the coplex is open to visitors but of course the tour is limited.
There was a big outcry many years ago when locals demanded to know who owned the site at that time they refused to answer such questions.
We often joke about little greys attemting to escape and hitching lifts from us as there is an odd carving on a rock a few miles away which resembles a Grey's face
OOPS ther's an ominous knock on the door - Iv'e said too much - I gotta go - joke

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Awesome awesome thread.

I love these little thiongs that crop up now again.

Sometimes sinister, sometimes just for the knowledge.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I want to take a sailboat and visit some of the pacific islands that were US bases during WWII like Palmyra.

Palmyra Atoll

Cia factbook Palmyra Atoll

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Me too,

Look out for my life story thread later if you care. Im tired of the raptrap.

I would rather die lonely yet seeing seeing new things than go back to my god damn office and tale abuse from someone who couldnt hold a candle to me in a maze crawl.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seraphnb

You mean the cave of the Dogons? It predicted all sorts of stuff about Sirius B. Covered in the first part of this video (hope it embeds):

As for the topic at hand . . .
S+F for the awesome video! I really wish I could get into the Vatican library, myself.

Just my two cents,
Seraph

Thank you so much to you and evantide for this link up.
There is a book called The Sirius Mystery by Robert Temple which delves deeply into the Dogon oral tradition regarding visitation by beings from Sirius.
This book also states the Dogon belief of a third star which is a planet Sirius C
This was detected by astronmoers in recent years bur subsequently hushed up.
The Dogons speak of a 5000 year old story of visitors from Sirius - my memeory is a bit foggy but I assume this is Sirius C.
The Dogons speak of beings that lived on land by day but reteated to water in the evening.
At first the Dogons were afraid and found these being hideous. Eventually they realised the beings were benign and wished to assist them in knowledge of many things.
This deserves a thread of it own perhaps I will post one as there is so so much more and is uplifting stuff.
Many thanks once again.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have now posted a new thread for any interested
It is in the Gray Area and entitled
Yes We have been visited by Aliens
This is something I researched many years ago and I hope to add more info as appropriate

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
There's a saying: I fear the Greeks, even when they bring gifts. I don't believe in Dogons, but if I did, it's a little too close to Dagon for comfort. Next thing you know, you have strange men folk merging with the creatures, and things popping up from under the ocean with one word on their lips: Sacrifice. No such thing as a free lunch. Sometimes you have to raise your lunch yourself. I bet they have quite an interesting cook book.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I have worked in menwith hill about a year ago the security is immense no phones no cameras they had people sat watching us constantly i seen people in us marine, navy , cia and nasa uniforms there

we built like a 20 meter high shaft that had only one high door at the bottom and no windows or steps or anything we joked it was for the giants

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
I have worked in menwith hill about a year ago the security is immense no phones no cameras they had people sat watching us constantly i seen people in us marine, navy , cia and nasa uniforms there

we built like a 20 meter high shaft that had only one high door at the bottom and no windows or steps or anything we joked it was for the giants

Wow thanks for that info - very interesting and only adds fuel to the imaginations fire
edit on 7-1-2012 by artistpoet because: spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thank you all for your information and thoughts!
I find some of these cases interesting, while some of course are far fetched, but hey that's also fun sometimes

That sounds very interesting, if you could find more information on that, I would be very happy!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seraphnb

Thanks for that fun and interesting video!
I just wish there were some links to back up the claims, but its still very interesting.

And for the Vatican documents, that would be the most epic of all time yes.
I wonder if the pope himself have read any of the documents he got.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
reply to post by seraphnb

Thanks for that fun and interesting video!
I just wish there were some links to back up the claims, but its still very interesting.

And for the Vatican documents, that would be the most epic of all time yes.
I wonder if the pope himself have read any of the documents he got.

Yes I'll bet there are Earth shattering texts in the vaults - perhaps the missing books of Thoth supposedly destroyed in the Great fire at Alexandria - I know that Cosimo De Medici was said to have recieved one of these books on his deathbed and died a happy man. These books state that the knowledge contained in them is at least 50,000 years old - I guess they will have made secret copies befor they crumbled into dust and were tossed to the winds like the fabled wisdom of Sybil in Greek Myth.
Man is it not a crime that such things are witheld from us.
edit on 7-1-2012 by artistpoet because: spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind a little stroll through area 51
edit on 7-1-2012 by ZardoZx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join