Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Wipeout ‘quantum levitation’ track video may be a fake..!

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
In the past few days there has been a very cool video circulating the net of a Magnetic Levitation "Wipeout" video. In this video a small replica of a race track from the Sony Play station one flagship game called Wipeout is used to demostrate Quantum Magnetic Levitation. This video has even been posted here at ATS a few times. While Quantum Magnetic Levitation is entirely possible with many examples / demonstrations of it on YouTube there now seems to be some question to the legitimacy of the video and it may turn out to just be a Viral ad.

From officialplaystationmagazine :

Sadly, we must be realistic and point out that the video is a naughty fib.

Let’s look at the evidence – Firstly the way the gas moves at 0.45. Looks like CG to us.

Then there’s the whole Wipeout involvement. The video comes at an implausibly convenient time considering Wipeout 2048′s imminent release on PS Vita, and come to think of it why would such an esteemed academic body as the The Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology bother to include a Wipeout logo on their track?

The actual organisation is called The Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, and we doubt they’d get their own name wrong. And draw a logo with said wrong name:

Then there’s the copyright information in the video’s description, which states “All rights reserved belong to Sony Entertainment and SCE Studio Liverpool.”

Case closed – looks like a bit of sneaky viral marketing.

What does ATS think?

edit on 7-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
yes.
Now give me 50+ stars for my amazing contribution.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I knew it as soon as I saw the video,

Must be from all the UFO video sorting into real/CGI .

Just look at this......

Soapusmaximus-
I am not saying it is, But the cars look like CGI, bit jumpy and blurry. And its not really antigrav in the quantum sense. But very very cool, look out Scalextric

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

Seems like you called it Soapusmaximus

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It doesn't even look real.....F-Zero is a better anyway. Psh.

top topics

join