It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how can you tell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
ive never known how to tell if i am in love or not, at the moment ive been accused of it, lol. but seriously, any idea what it feels like? its probably one of those things that is unexplainable or something. but im just never sure. any ideas would be appreciated

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think you just feel it. It feels good to be around the person. You need them. Ithink you just will know when you're in love.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Youngin
ive never known how to tell if i am in love or not, at the moment ive been accused of it, lol. but seriously, any idea what it feels like? its probably one of those things that is unexplainable or something. but im just never sure. any ideas would be appreciated

Not to sound to synnical, but I don't believe in love. It has been my observation that we humanoids can make ourselves feel however we want. When we see an attractive person with a good personality, we develop feelings for them. In some cases, you feel as if your whole life depended on getting to know that person, or that you know that you are destined to be together. However, most of the time, these feelings change sometime later, and make you believe that you were not "really" in love, but the next time you will be just as certain.

I'm not against relationships, in any respect. I think you should always strive to enjoy yourself, and to do what makes you happy. And if you find someone who enjoys the same things you do, and you enjoy being around, that is terrific.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I've been in love twice....it's almost like an itch that won't go away unless you're around that person - you feel alone when they're gone and alive when they're with you...I dunno tho - that's a feeling that I didn't understand until it hit me and then I knew what it was - I'm sure it means different things for other people....If you have the misfortune of breaking up with someone you love, I'll leave the surprise of what that feels like for you to experience....

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You want to know how to tell?

Try to explain to me the feeling of eating PopRocks.

That's how love is.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
all i have to say when you know your in love. love makes you do dum things.:bnghd: but dont ever say anything to them if you dont know the truth that why i'm not with the girl i love.:bnghd:

me i didnt know till she came to vist me in the hospital. your'll just know
just remember love can hurt
:bash::bnghd:

[Edited on 17-10-2004 by anarcy_56]

[Edited on 17-10-2004 by anarcy_56]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
[Edited on 17-10-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Love? Well, well well.

You love your parents? You love your dog? You love cheese doodles?

Get it. Love is a feeling that you get when you really enjoy something. The bad thing about it is that sometimes when we feel we love each other as a boy and girl and then one or the other has a change of heart/feelings then we feel another kind of love. That one is called hurt or heartbreak.

But fear not because the only cure for a heartbreak is the next one.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
you'll know when it happens.

But there are varying degrees of love and sometimes its temporary, other times its long term, other times it forever...

Dont worry youngin, it'll show itself to you and you'll know your in love... good luck with her... hows the progress anyways?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
In my opinion Love isn't a feeling so much as it's a commitment.

I know most of you are critical of the bible, but I think that it has the best explanation of what real love is.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
(NKJ)

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
you will just know when your in love becuse you look at them and you feel like your going to melt, they smile at you and you feel like your in heaven but heaven is really hot..... i mean you get HOT flushes when you look see and think about them.... you cant eat, sleep without thinking of them,
L O V E is a wonderful thing but trust me it can turn nasty, but be careful it could only be LUST but lust is just as good as love when you are younger. so dont jump into things becuse you feel strongly about this person, just take things slow and know your boundaries and stick to them no matter how sweet talking this person is! thats my advise hunny just keep it cool and just have good clean fun lol.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Youngin::::

how can you tell?

I would say that its something that cant really be defined, I think its something that you know from inside your heart, its different for each and every person,
Also depends on Age, when we are younger we tend to fall in love alot lol, but thats due to the changes in are bodys ect..

So ask yourself:
Am i in love? listen to your own heart and you will find the answers

lynxz:
so dont jump into things becuse you feel strongly about this person, just take things slow and know your boundaries and stick to them no matter how sweet talking this person is!

lynxz:
Hey lil sis, Hehe i have trained you well

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
greatest feeling in the world. like ill get physically excited (i.e. butter flyies in my stomach) everytime i see this one lady friend of mine. its great.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Love is like taking a big sip of some good wiskey, while outside in the cold, sitting in the chairlift going up in a mountain covered with snow.

Except you don't need the whiskey, cold snow or moutain, but it still make you feel warm inside.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Romantic love is something complicated...

Love can be a good thing and a horrible thing...
Love is salvation, love is pain...
Nevertheless love is excitement...

You havent lived life to the fullest if you never fell in love with someone...
True love means accepting the person as the person is, true love is being there for the person, giving respect, caring about the person, enjoying all the moments laughing together, crying together but even true love has its limitations.... True love they say lasts forever but true love can run out when the person you love is doing all the things to make it disappear...

True love does not mean you will be with that person forever.
True love sometimes is not enough to hold a relationship together, I never heard of a person who at one point in time in their lives fell in love and never had that heartbreak that tore them apart...

True love, even if the loved one is gone, you will always remember that person even after 400 years of marriage with somebody else...

True love is tough...
True love is a requirement to fully experience life 100%
True love is one of life's best lessons and punishments...
True love is scary...
True love is liberating...
True love is part of life...
True love is fragile and has to be nortured properly and carefully...
True love can be written in various book volumes in thousands of definitions...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Love is not a feeling, it's a choice, because believe me the feelings change like the seasons, you choose to love and you can choose to quit loving as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
When you think about another person and their needs, more than you think about yourself, and your needs....then you know you're in love.

Simple, huh?

new topics

top topics

join