It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unable to change Profile information.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hi there,

I've been trying to change my information for some time now as it's coming up to three years old but have ran into some problems.

I managed to find out why my profile Bio wasn't updating but I am still having trouble with some other aspects.
One of the problems is with setting my timezone, I've tried setting it GMT many times, then clicking save only to come back later to find it's changed to another timezone all by itself, currently it's on Islamabad's timezone.

I've expanded this and tried to change more things such as Birthday, Location and website but they won't change or update either.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

edit on 7-1-2012 by CheekyRob because: No longer need help with the Bio part

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CheekyRob

Well, first of all, are you clicking on "TOOLS" in the top blue toolbar and getting to the screen that reads, "CHANGE your account settings?"

If so, are you clicking on "submit" under each section after you change it?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I had same problem to change it to GMT but tried the country above London one and it went on to it ok for some reason and clicked the submit as well.......

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thanks for the quick reply, I've just realised what was happening with the Bio part, There are two places for Bio information, one in the Account Settings and the other on your profile above 'About Me'.

That's where I was getting confused with the Bio part but the other problems still stand, timezone is the most important for me as it looks like people are posting from the future

I just tried again, I've set GMT, clicked Submit and then when the page reloads after that It's now set for Baghdad?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CheekyRob
reply to post by argentus

Thanks for the quick reply, I've just realised what was happening with the Bio part, There are two places for Bio information, one in the Account Settings and the other on your profile above 'About Me'.

That's where I was getting confused with the Bio part but the other problems still stand, timezone is the most important for me as it looks like people are posting from the future

I just tried again, I've set GMT, clicked Submit and then when the page reloads after that It's now set for Baghdad?

Try what I did, works for me...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

You're a star, Thank you!

I wonder why the timezones aren't corresponding to their correct options.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
No problems, I just checked and mine is one hour behind but I am not going to change it now lol
Will be ok when the clocks change again he he
Glad it worked out for you....

top topics

join