It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Authorities searching for fallen 'Meteorite'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TBR47
if the meteorite fell on my land id keep it and put it on eBay finders keepers surley the government cant take something off you that never belonged to them

In the USA if it falls on your land it is legally yours, if it falls on BLM land it technically belongs to the Smithsonian. In Canada its finders keepers BUT illegal to sell out of country. Each country has its own meteorite laws. Some countries have none, that is why meteorites from the Sahara are cheap.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Well they are not looking for it because it has any value...that is certain...other than mineral identification...monetarily though...it is almost worthless!

Depends... some go for a very high price depending on type and size. The Campo del Cielo strike was a huge one with multiple craters and bits of the molten meteorite were found by the thousands. They come in pieces a few grams in size...

to large chunks

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Is it valuable enough for Mexican Authorities to take interest though?

I mean for you or I sure...could potentially be a small fortune...surely though for the Authorities it would amount to almost nothing.

I don't know...maybe they are way more valuable than I am imagining!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Meteorites are everywhere. I could likely find one right now. Would just need to run outside and look for a couple of minutes in my decorative rocks. As a youngster I loved to play in the woods, and me and my friends always found them laying around. No special searching required. And we would just throw them back on the ground.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
They have museums in Mexico too, as well as collectors willing to pay a small fortune to get some authentic meteorites.
In Mexico all land is owned by the state, if you found oil or gold for instance, the government would take the land away without even needing to compensate, or to compensate as it sees fit.

Many people with archeological or mineral treasures never report them to any authority, some keep the stuff secret only showing things to close relatives or friends, while many put items for sale on the black market, as is everywhere else.

Most of the time the excuse they give when recovering materials like meteorites or "weather balloons", is the sanitary measures they have to take to prevent The Andromeda strain

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by three1zero
is it normal for the authorities to search for a meteorite
is there a group of mexican meteorite hunters or something

Sorry. already posted. Delete this post
edit on 1/7/2012 by fixer1967 because: Already posted

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If we changed which word was placed in quotes from the headline of this thread, we could have a whole different story!

"Mexican" Authorities searching for fallen Meteorite

In that case, we recognize that a meteorite impact took place, and that authorities were searching for it; but draw into question whether they were really Mexican-- or simply posing as Mexicans? Perhaps, really a group of fifty-three former Nazi war criminals hiding from the Mossad.

Mexican "Authorities" searching for fallen Meteorite

In this scenario we take for granted that a meteorite had hit in Mexico, but call into question the true identify of those who were searching-- so-called "authorities," or were they really, perhaps, a group of religious zealots?

Mexican Authorities "searching" for fallen Meteorite

Next we acknowledge a meteorite has fallen to Earth, and that Mexican Authorities are involved, but call into question the "search" as merely a cover story. In truth, that is in this scenario, it is that the Mexican Authorities had easily and quickly located the impact site, but are pretending not to have done so-- implying nefarious hidden reason for the activity in the area. Perhaps amassing troops for an impending sweep of drug cartel agents in the region?

Mexican Authorities searching for "fallen" Meteorite

When the truth is the meteorite had not fallen at all-- but is supposed by the knowing insiders to have teleported there from a secret HAARP derived technology installation.

Finally, we have the option of using no quotes at all in the title as follows:

Mexican Authorities searching for fallen Meteorite

This is rather dull, but interesting to some-- implying that a meteorite had fallen and for which the Mexican Authorities are searching. Seeing a picture of the crater and of some Mexican standing proudly beside a two pound hunk of iron would be about the most we could hope to see or to discuss.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
In Mexico all land is owned by the state, if you found oil or gold for instance, the government would take the land away without even needing to compensate, or to compensate as it sees fit.

Yup Had a group come up and buy John Lears old mining equipment for a gold mine in Mexico. They told us that the government made themselves a partner for 50% and the government supplies the soldiers for 'security'

In some countries Meteorites are considered 'National Treasures' If NASA had their way it would be here too. They already claim any space junk and it was a federal offense to hoard a piece of the crashed shuttle. They made it illegal to own Moon rocks, even though many pieces were given away by Nixon and others to foreign dignataries. But if you try to sell one the NASA storm troopers will kick down your door.

NASA wants grandma's moonrock
www.politico.com...

The elaborate mission to recover a moon rock led NASA agents to one of the most down-to-earth places: a Denny's restaurant in Riverside County.

But at the end of the sting operation, agents were left holding a speck of lunar dust smaller than a grain of rice and a 74-year-old suspect who was terrified by armed officials.

Five months after NASA investigators and local agents swooped into the restaurant and hailed their operation as a cautionary tale for anyone trying to sell national treasure, no charges have been filed, NASA isn't talking and the case appears stalled.

NASA Moon Rock Sting Terrifies Grandmother
www.nbclosangeles.com...

Joann Davis, 74-Year-Old Grandmother, Terrified In NASA Moon Rock Sting
www.huffingtonpost.com...

So NASA armed goons terrorize an old lady and it turns out its just a speck of dust

Odd thing is you can buy Moon and Mars 'rocks' that NASA and LPI claim to be pieces of meteorites that came from the Moon and Mars. How they can prove that is still beyond me but you can buy them.

I wonder if NASA thinks they can claim them if other nations collect them up there?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Here you go...for $49.99 you can buy a meteorite...can't be all that uncommon!

acornonline.com... roducts%20-%20Collectibles

So there is some value to them...but is there enough value to have anyone other than the locals looking for it?

I think not!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle
This is the latest info and photo - Elements of Civil Protection and rescue search in three municipalities of the state, a meteorite
. Last night, residents of the municipalities of Salvador Alvarado and Mocorito who noticed a great light coming down from heaven and was divided into three parts, and disappear at landfall, they called the police and radio news of placing the fact in their areas.

The reports have a meteorite doing something a meteorite does not do.
meteorites DO NOT GLOW all the way down.
Just like the space shuttle does not glow all the way down.
they only glow during early reentry at about 40 to 60 miles up unless they are really big 100+ tons and then you would have a large crater

I am a meteorite hunter and the last place i would look is where its claimed to have been seen glowing as it passed overhead. that just gives you a direction of travel. the impact area will be from 25 to 75 miles down range in the direction of travel
The fist place to look is where they report a sonic boom you are then within 5 to 15 miles from impact.

With both reports you can get impact down to a oval of 5 by 15 miles

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Not a meteorite... The bright green color gives it away, it is a plutonium based spy satellite, the greenish glow is caused by copper vapor from parts of the heat sink assembly burning up. I saw one crash a few years back but the parachutes worked. The USAF grabbed it 15 minutes later. This one i think the parachutes failed to deploy. The good news is the plutonium ceramic core isn't all that dangerous and is contained inside a tantalum alloy "can" that would be very hard to open.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frira
If we changed which word was placed in quotes from the headline of this thread, we could have a whole different story!

In that case, we recognize that a meteorite impact took place, and that authorities were searching for it; but draw into question whether they were really Mexican-- or simply posing as Mexicans? Perhaps, really a group of fifty-three former Nazi war criminals hiding from the Mossad.

In this scenario we take for granted that a meteorite had hit in Mexico, but call into question the true identify of those who were searching-- so-called "authorities," or were they really, perhaps, a group of religious zealots?

Next we acknowledge a meteorite has fallen to Earth, and that Mexican Authorities are involved, but call into question the "search" as merely a cover story. In truth, that is in this scenario, it is that the Mexican Authorities had easily and quickly located the impact site, but are pretending not to have done so-- implying nefarious hidden reason for the activity in the area. Perhaps amassing troops for an impending sweep of drug cartel agents in the region?

When the truth is the meteorite had not fallen at all-- but is supposed by the knowing insiders to have teleported there from a secret HAARP derived technology installation.

This is rather dull, but interesting to some-- implying that a meteorite had fallen and for which the Mexican Authorities are searching. Seeing a picture of the crater and of some Mexican standing proudly beside a two pound hunk of iron would be about the most we could hope to see or to discuss.

And you felt the need to give us this insightful (or is it inciteful?) grammar lesson because?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle

Originally posted by Frira

And you felt the need to give us this insightful (or is it inciteful?) grammar lesson because?

Because it was a fun way to make the point.

In news articles, particularly with political bias being introduced by authors or their editors, the quotes around otherwise neutral words are cheap shots. Like writing (or saying) "claimed" or "insisted" instead of "said," the quotes are the ONLY reason a reader would believe there is anything suspicious.

It is leading and therefore manipulative.

You wanted to discuss the report as if it was about a UFO "crash" as is evidenced by your second post-- but nothing in the cited article even suggests that discussion.

As for "inciting" in lieu of "insight" it is the headline which incites-- your doing, not mine.

Persuade, but never manipulate as a writer.

So, the story remains in need of the expected image of the proud Mexican official smiling beside a crater with a hunk of iron (similar to this).

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Nuclear mexico? Competing against brazil no doubt?

I think so.

That looks like an ICBM test and anyone who can't see that is blind lol

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Now that would be something indeed, a mexican rocket...
too bad that if indeed it were so, it would probably be a narc invention and not the efforts of scientists.
Sadly, we will never know, if indeed it was a spy satellite or something similar, I´m sure they wont give an official announcement if they do find anything....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join