It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Also Ran" for POTUS - Charles Elson "Buddy" Roemer III

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Anyone heard of him? Me neither. The question is .. why not? Buddy Roemer was Govenor of Louisiana and was a member of the US House of Representatives. He was a Democrat for many years and then switched parties to Republican in 1991. He has a degree from Harvard Business school and is now a business man.

So here's a well rounded fella ... executive experience (Govenor) ... representative experience (House of Reps) ... Democrat and Republican experience ... financial know-how and understanding (Harvard Business School degree) ... financial and business experience (business man) .... and his poll numbers in New Hampshire are at the same level as Rick Perry .... but NO ONE IS REPORTING ON HIM.

Conspiracy of silence or just a matter of Buddy Roemer not having enough money to make a good run of it? (or both?) If it's a matter of who has the most money (and I"m thinking it is), then that's a shame. There are many other people out there better qualified to run for POTUS then what we are seeing .... Better than Rick Perry for sure. Better than Obama for sure. etc

IMHO - the best republican candidate out there is Jon Huntsman but the press hasn't given him the time and therefore he hasn't gotten the campaign contributions. And so I have to ask why .. why hasn't the press given him the time? I keep going back to that this all has to have been orchestrated in cigar smoke filled back rooms somewhere and 'the choice' has already been made. How else can we explain qualified candidates like Jon Huntsman and 'Buddy' Roemer being ignored while yahooooos get all the air time and thus all the campaign money??

Buddy Roemer - more information -

Buddy Roemer ratings same/better than Rick Perry

Buddy Roemer Facebook Page

Buddy Roemer - Wikipedia

Charles Elson "Buddy" Roemer III (born October 4, 1943) is an American politician who served as the 52nd Governor of Louisiana, from 1988 to 1992. He was elected as a Democrat but switched to the Republican Party on March 11, 1991.[8] Prior to serving as Governor, he was a member of the United States House of Representatives from 1981 to 1988.

In January 2011, Roemer told Baton Rouge television station WAFB that he was considering a run for President of the United States. On July 21, 2011, Roemer announced his entry into the race at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire

On the Daily Show

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Interesting thread and you bring up some important questions that others have also been asking.

I have to say I've never heard of the guy and to be honest I thought your thread was going to be about someone who ran for President decades ago. I had no idea he was participating in this election.

Money definitely talks in the U.S election and I think this widely held belief that anyone can grow up to be U.S President is frankly nonsense.

An interesting snippet from his wikipedia page.

Roemer stressed that campaign finance reform would be a key issue in his campaign.[26] Pledging to limit campaign contributions to $100 per individual

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The media most certainly chooses the candidates for people to focus on. I know many say Ron Paul is ignored and I have to agree with that. The past few days I've been reading many online news articles from the UK and even on the BBC he at best got two lines or was never mentioned at all. Admittedly there was one article devoted to him, but apart from that he hardly gets a mention at all.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

There ya' go. It's an issue of money I'm sure. At least, that's part of it. But the fact is he's pretty much tied with Rick Perry in New Hampshire polls and there is not a single word about him in the press. Not a one. Pretty odd considering this guy's resume and all ....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Two good quotes here:

“We are here plunged in politics funnier than words can express. Very great issues are involved... But the amusing thing is that no one talks about real interests. By common consent they agree to let these alone. We are afraid to discuss them. Instead of this the press is engaged in a most amusing dispute whether Mr. Cleveland had an illegitimate child and did or did not live with more than one mistress.” – Henry Adams (literary commentator) on the election of 1884

“Our democracy is but a name. We vote? What does that mean? It means that we choose between two bodies of real, though not avowed, autocrats. We choose between Tweedledum and Tweedledee.. . .You ask for votes for women. What good can votes do when ten-elevenths of the land of Great Britain belongs to 200,000 and only one-eleventh to the rest of the 40,000,000? Have your men with their millions of votes freed themselves from this injustice?” – Helen Keller (1911)

new topics

top topics

join