It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suri Cruise...What Do You Think About Scientology? And The Way in Which She's Being Brought Up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This is a real eye opener for me. Firstly I am not a conspiracy theorist on Suri...But i find her age to be somewhat in question...she is carried everywhere...She goes out all hours (late at night with Mom) She's a lil fashinionsta...Just thought I would throw it out there if anyone is remotely interested. we have no idea what is going on behind closed doors and I am not provoking anything...other than what I observe and see.

I do find this little girls life 'disturbing' and would welcome any comments...It's not for me to judge...I merely wish to see if anyone feels the same....

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I have similar feelings..

Like you said its not our place to judge, but from what little iv read (tabloids) shes quite the diva, Tom never says no to her, if she wants doughnuts for breakfast thats what shell get. Very messed up in my opinion, scientology is pretty strange but they have some good anti drug adds haha.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jools

There's an app for that....

Oh, sorry, you actually said "Suri", my bad.

edit on 7/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jools

Any such doctorine/religin is wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I feel the same way I would about someone who teaches their kid to live in fear/guilt of a man in the sky that sees everything and will put them into a lake of fire if they don't believe in him and what his book says.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jools

I really have no comment about Suri... But I DO know that L. Ron Hubbard told John W. Campbell (author of Who Goes There which was made into the movie The Thing) at a sci fi convention decades ago, "If I wanted to get rich, I'd start a religion."

And then He did just that. Kinda hard to take scientology seriously, I tell You what.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Don't teach kids that fairy tales are real life, let them grow up and make their own decisions about religion.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
This is a real eye opener for me. Firstly I am not a conspiracy theorist on Suri...But i find her age to be somewhat in question...she is carried everywhere...She goes out all hours (late at night with Mom) She's a lil fashinionsta...Just thought I would throw it out there if anyone is remotely interested. we have no idea what is going on behind closed doors and I am not provoking anything...other than what I observe and see.

I do find this little girls life 'disturbing' and would welcome any comments...It's not for me to judge...I merely wish to see if anyone feels the same....

Peace

First let me say that talking about celebritys' children bugs me. It's none of my business who they are or what they are doing, because they are not the celebrity. Second, I know celebrities hate paparazzi shots, especially regarding family activities outside, because it's an invasion of privacy. Third, they are kids and don't need the crap that photomobs give people. That is a disclaimer on the impersonal remarks I'm going to make.

Yes she is a princess to her parents and gets dressed that way. Yes all the photos of her are her in her Mom's arms. I think that is because the family is surrounded by papparazzi who would love to corner and blind the kid with their flashbulbs if they hand a chance. Then, flash-blinded and heckled, Suri would be too distracted to walk, and because she is still little, she can't walk so fast. Just imagine the world coming to a halt as a child trips and skins her knee. Headlines of child abuse. It would be a mess. So she gets carried.

On a side note I thought she'd make a really good human shield for her mother. That's pointless though. For the way she is being raised while in the religious group? She being a celebrity child, it sort of doesn't matter. Most Hollywood celebrity kids who grow up actors or performing artists have a strange upbringing anyways; the rest, they go to school like ordinary kids. When you consider that celebrity life is like a Valley of the Dolls way, with attractive illiterate celebs and dope-addicted celebs, and just learning enough to read a script and pose for shots (which makes millions), it doesn't matter. But okay, to be raised in a do-it-yourself Scn school and have to learn the doctrines of the church and get heavily insulated from the typical schooling, I think she'll survive. That is their motto after all.

I have seen one teen come from a Scn school background. His transition from that private system to the public school was very messy. He was disrespectful to the teachers in public school. He demanded equal rights to his beliefs about aliens and reincarnation, and study tech. He was belligerent, but he knew a lot of 3 syllable words and used them a lot to trip up the teacher's focus. Fish out of water, but he turned into a decent adult, going back to a religious career, not Scn related, and made a living for himself. (edit)I have to add that he was held back a year the first year in public school for not passing standardized tests, for lack of desire to conform to public school politically correct baloney, not for lack of intelligence. I imagine this celebrity princess will mostly be okay.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Do you think Suri Cruise being a Catholic, Jew, Christian or Muslim would be any better? How many wars have been fought because of Scientologist beliefs? None. We need to start looking at religions closer to home before we worry about any others.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTJames
I have similar feelings..

Like you said its not our place to judge, but from what little iv read (tabloids) shes quite the diva, Tom never says no to her, if she wants doughnuts for breakfast thats what shell get. Very messed up in my opinion, scientology is pretty strange but they have some good anti drug adds haha.

But is that a matter of Scientology? I don't know much about it or what the "religion" says on how children should be raised, but it just sounds like she is spoiled. I know lots of people who turn their kids into spoiled brats and it's nothing to do with religion for them. They just suck as parents.

So, my question of ignorance about Scientology is, is this how they encourage people to raise their Children or do her parents just suck? Or both?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jools

For those of us who do not know....

Who is Suri Cruise?
How old is she?
What is there to question about her age?
What is disturbing about her life?
What specific threat is Scientology to her life?
What is the [conspiracy] here?

I'm only 'assuming' this is Tom Cruise's kid? Not to come off like an A-hole, but I'm not going to research this, because I'd rather improve my own life instead of worshipping celebrities.

If the child is not being abused or mistreated, who are we to gossip about someone else's family life? Maybe the world would be a better place if we worry about our own families and fix those instead of being so opinionated about other people's families.

Is there even a conspiracy here, or are you just bashing the beliefs of Scientologists?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
Do you think Suri Cruise being a Catholic, Jew, Christian or Muslim would be any better? How many wars have been fought because of Scientologist beliefs? None. We need to start looking at religions closer to home before we worry about any others.

Yes, she would be better off being any other religoin. The reason being is that Scientologist don't treat children like children. They believe that the thetan (soul) is billions of years old and just because their bodies are small doesn't mean that they aren't adults.

Children are considered "out ethics" if they display child like emotions, and are punished the same as an adult. They are expected to work and act like adults.

Children of Scientologist don't get a regular education, are barred from the internet, TV and local news outlets, They don't see doctors, (except dentists if you look at Tom's teeth!) If they get ill, it's their fault, they're "out ethics" and are punished. They never get vaccines or medicines.

Children who are "out ethics" are hooked up to an e-meter (crude lie detector) and asked these questions:

Their answers are written down and kept in the "Guardian's Office" where even Tom Cruise can't get at them. These children are bullied, brainwashed and blackmailed, and they have no choice.
edit on 7-1-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

Why does it matter?
Not my problem or your business how other people raise their kids.

Short of abuse, sounds like you are just being nosy.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
I feel the same way I would about someone who teaches their kid to live in fear/guilt of a man in the sky that sees everything and will put them into a lake of fire if they don't believe in him and what his book says.

Your view is not representative of the truth at all... now, maybe some people do teach fear and guilt, but what they are supposed to be teaching is honor and respect for that man in the sky, and that is why we serve as Christians... not fear of what he will do to us for punishment of wrongs we have done, but wanting to honor him for dying for us on the cross, (giving us a clear choice of what way we want to go) we naturally want to do what he would want us to do with our time and our lives..

Something tells me that you may not really care either way, but you should at least have a grasp of the facts if you are going to mock him so flagrantly..and doing it to someone you don't even believe exists... (kind of seems delusional doesn't it)

Hopefully Suri Cruise can make up her own mind when she becomes an adult and decide.. She might even end up deeply resenting her parents belonging to a cult like unscientology.. time will tell....

I am having doubts about replying to you and am having visions of a scenerio where there is someone hitting a mule with a board, but he won't budge an inch

edit on 7-1-2012 by alienreality because: eta

(post by JollyAll removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join