It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Papers Please....for drain cleaner??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There are several worthwhile comments in this thread posted yesterday on the same story.Illinois drain cleaner law

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

This is about the US becoming a nanny/Fascism state if I am correct.

The United States will never stop being a Fascist nanny State. There is nobody on Earth that can remove Israel from running the United States. They run the world.

In fact you're going to see alot more changes in how the world operates. Next you will see the knowledge erased from the web on how to make things from scratch. No more making your own laundry soap for example from scratch for you.

You better be saving all you can find on the internet right now. It won't be there much longer. It's as IF they want to purposely crash the economy isn't it? Require ID cards to buy goods at the hardware store?....

Government PsyOp to instill fear into Americans to quit spending money and hoard.....China invested heavily expecting a constant demand for their products from Americans. They are shocked Americans stopped buying.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
Firstly, I just want to say that I always enjoy reading your threads. They're well thought out, backed up with verifiable reference materials and then closed with your own personal opinion about the topic at hand. This is how all of the threads should be and for that I give you an S & F.

Thank you for your kind words. It's always appreciated.

I think that with the passage of laws like the NDAA and the Patriot Act, we're losing perspective of the fact that there's a difference between a serious imposition on our civil rights and the role of our legislators to protect human safety. I realize that it's a slippery slope, but in this instance at least, there seems to be some viable reasons for this particular law.

What I am seeing in this case has almost nothing to do with human safety and everything to do with overreach of power and a growing attitude of superiority over the population that is right at home in most nations around world and considered the norm...but the lack of it is what has made America unique and special in times past.

If Chemicals or products are harmful or simply too dangerous for the general public, I can understand that. I worked with some things in trucking that were restricted and for very good reasons. Homer Simpson buying some of the most dangerous chemicals with specialized purposes could not only kill homer, but his neighbors too. So, I see your point and don't necessarily disagree.

Where does that figure in to logbooks and registers though? This isn't about the product, it's about who is buying it. They aren't making these things hard to GET, they are making sure there is a central state record of every citizen to purchase some...at any quantity. When did central records of citizen's purchasing preferences of household cleaners and such become any business or concern of the State or Federal Government??

I think it's important to note that until a few years ago when the retail logs started for Ephedrine base products, this level of violation was unheard of and wouldn't have been tolerated. However, package it for the fight against meth or safety with really ugly pictures of injuries to go with it and everyone swallows the next step toward freedom and independance lost. They even support it as it happens. I could just about cry.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Benjamin Franklin, February 17, 1775

Truer words have never been spoken and it's as relevant in 2012 as it was in 1775. The sentiments and the IDEALS behind them are what make us fundamentally American and special. If only we'd recall those principles that made these United States what they are....before we lose it all under the banner of Safety and 'It's for the drug war' ....or the best one 'It's for the Children'. It's amazing what violations can be packaged under those banners and taken in by the masses as perfectly acceptable.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
This is nothing strange mate.

Here in South Africa, we have to produce documentation if you want to buy Menthalated Spirits.

It became a problem because many of the homeless people buy it to drink it. So this measure was introduced.

vvv

Fair enough and granted. It's not unusual in South Africa or in most of the world. It IS unusual here, outside of industrial and strictly commercial use of truly dangerous substances. By dangerous, I mean it's pure or close enough to make a simple kitchen handling accident a MAJOR life changing event.

Americans aren't accustomed to being shaken down for ID, all our personal data and our signature to buy products that are for consumer use, in our homes and have been available in MUCH STRONGER forms in past times...without so much as a second thought. When we DO become accustomed to this and no longer complain, everything that made us American will be lost for good.

edit on 7-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

You are aware you can build bombs with certain ingredients in drain cleaners, or did you really not know that? Yes i am serious.

Of course you can build bombs with drain cleaner. Very powerful ones. You can build home cooked explosives using a mind numbing variety of things, actually. After all, all an explosion really is, is the generation of pressure within a contained environment beyond that which the containment can handle. The more pressure before containment failure, the bigger the boom and the more destruction to follow.

You might even be shocked to learn that one of the more powerful explosives one can make at home takes nothing more than what every well stocked woman's purse would have in it and one item that almost every medicine cabinet at home contains. Separate? 100% harmless....together? Well, we're still being screwed with for liquids on airplanes because someone tried to destroy one in mid flight using that method. and..no..I won't say what those items are. lol

So.. tell me.. Do we establish logbooks and registers for the Pharmacy and Hygiene isles too? It's hard to say much more without saying a lot more than I want to in public for that topic..but lets just say for those who know such things, the idea of doing THIS...what my thread is based on....for the reason of depriving people of the means to make a bomb is absurd. You'd be restricting a good % of a Walmart or Walgreens store outright.

edit on 7-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: fixing quotes

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I find this law to be ludicrous - check out the petition on Change.org at

Change.org repeal drain cleaner act

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by drainguy

This what they'll do if people don't want to show ID to purchase draino etc. The same thing they did with sodium hydroxide (lye). They removed it from the consumer purchase points. Try buying a box of lye anymore. You can't, at least in many states. Only industrial type, cause proven business' can purchase it. So do you want the product or not?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

A lot of people are preparing for SHTF and they buy in bulk.
I use liquid plumber to unglog my drains but I only use about
2 bottles a year.
I don't like being limited on what I want to buy .I also don't like
it when a check out clerk asks me what I'm going to do with
80 lbs. of pancake mix or 100 lbs. of flour,none of their business.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I couldn't agree more and well put. This is the whole point for those out there who seem to miss it. The whole core and concept of personal liberty and freedom is that it's NONE of ANYONE's business unless we choose to MAKE it their business by telling them for one reason or another. This is only one of many do-gooder type things that started with an initial trial case everyone could get behind but quickly progressed into abuse. It's just one of the clearest examples.

I wonder how many arguing that push back on this law is silly actually stopped to read the details? This doesn't say drain cleaner. That is simply the example in the story. The wording used is so vague it can cover a staggering range and breadth of products. The whole concept is bad enough, but the new areas the vagueness has opened up for additional future abuse is just ludicrous.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I agree with the previous poster.

The way I understood- with the meds, is that it is a crackdown on meth.
Also drain cleaner is said to be an ingredient.

Policing what we buy though is ridiculous: This is no way to solve the problem of meth imo!

edit on 9-1-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join