It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There have been many abuses in the war on terror, this isn't one of them.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Thanks to the guys who actually get more than one opinion on this. Keep up the good work. Hopefully you guys come home safe and we can put this war behind us. Sorry to all innocents who got hurt in the other parts of this war, these were definitely the bad guys being cut down without any innocent casualties though.
edit on Sun Jan 8 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: embed video

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
May God bless those who put their lives on the line for the security of others, both for our country's safety and for those more affected by the war. It's not just about money and taxes, it's about helping others when called upon to do so.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Wow.,.. Now that is one impressive example of taking justice to the enemy. What strikes me is that even with the first burst with bad range data, they were oblivious to the presence of the gunship.

And this is what people actually fantasize about going up against in some mental image of a revolution eh? Lol... Yeah... right.. Umm.. No.

Thanks for the vid and Godspeed to our men. May they ALL get back home sooner than later for a rest they've very much earned.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree, I hope they can get home soon. I am ready for us to be out of this world. Unfortunately, I believe our troops are about to head into Iran.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I feel bad for the teams sent to clean that up.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
WOW What heroes. Was this in the US? No was it hell. It was in a country where the locals NEED weapons to fend off the TERRORISTS who invaded ten years ago and refuse to leave, cowardly shooting at them from miles away.

The guy dragging himself along the floor, clearly in need of medical help ... the Americans response? "smoke 'im". Warmongers. And those firing the weapons, I hope you stay there in a shallow grave... truly. You're no better than those who sent you in. Not a moral bone between you. It's all one giant computer game to you isn't it? There's no need to see the whites of a mans eyes anymore, nor even confirm that what he was carrying was actually a weapon. Just pull the remote trigger and watch 'em die.

Non of our armed 'forces' should be in that country to begin with so don't start applauding these invaders for MURDERING these men, regardless of what their actions may have been. Yes they could have potentially killed someone else but so be it, it's their country, all the brainwashed military need to GET OUT and STAY OUT of there.

Screw these 'heroes', there is nothing heroic about what they do.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

edit on 7-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Seems awfully off-topic...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

what's so funny? the deaths of the men in the video? that you're a Justin Timberlake fan? Or are you just wanting to derail the thread because you can't handle that there are actually intelligent dissenters of illegal wars and their supporters?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

Naaaah, it fit the theme of your post quite well, I believe.

That's your opinion; nothing more.

The legality of the war is open for debate and was never deemed legal or illegal by the United Nations Security Council. My justifications are the fact that after the Gulf War Saddam repeatedly violated 16 different UNSC resolutions from 1990 to 2002, expressed desire to revive Iraq's WMD program after inspections were lifted, and under UN Resolution 1441 was given a final chance to comply but instead chose to submit false reports to inspectors.

If you would like to debate "murder" I will refer you to repeated chemical warfare attacks against civilians conducted by Saddam during the Iran-Iraq war. Not to mention Saddam chose to invade Kuwait in 1990.

We took him out of power, and we took out his regime, not "innocent Iraqi patriots defending their home." These same extremists you are just dying to defend are the ones who strap bombs to women and children and send them into crowds Iraqi civilians. They are rogue insurgents.

But I don't blame you, you must spend too much time on ATS and believe everything is a conspiracy because I know you've spent time deployed to the Middle East and know what you're talking about.

But hey, here's a quick thought, instead of bashing on the military who are bound by contract unless the orders are against the UCMJ, just because we're the first ones you can see and blame, how about you go try to change civilian minds. You know, the people that elected Bush TWICE...the guy who sent us over there. And then elected OBAMA.

YOU guys are #ing up. Not me. I never killed a civilian.

edit on 7-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
There is no debate for the legitimacy of the Iraq war - it's inherently illegal.

45-minute dossier was a fabrication, one that was admitted since by both Bush and Blair, yet both say they would do it again if given the option; a clear breach of international law.

Hans Blix and UN weapons inspectors were on the ground, they weren't simply 'handed documents' - they found no WMD's and concluded there was no premise for strikes against Iraq.

You can try to justify what your military does by way of condemning what another does, but in reality you're just bolstering support for those leaders you seem to dislike.

As a non-American I don't have any influence over your electoral processes. But then again, it doesn't matter who you vote for you think it's difficult to fix an election?

As for the too much time on ATS comment - look at join date and number of posts. I think you definitely pip me on the 'need to stay off ATS' argument.

Finally, being contractually obligated to fulfill a role does not also require you to be morally or ethically void as a human. If I'm asked in my job to perform a task which will unnecessarily negatively impact another person beyond my moral acceptance, I won't do it nor allow another to. Hey maybe that's just me, let's face it most of the flock will do as they're told without thinking for themselves, and that's half the problem. If you sign up to fight, then that's what you're doing, you knew it when you signed and the consequences of your actions, which may result in your death, will not be known as heroic but dumb. Dumb for signing up in the first place, dumb for agreeing to aim weapons at innocents and militants alike and dumb for believing that the world is a better place for your meddling.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
There is no debate for the legitimacy of the Iraq war - it's inherently illegal.

Subjective opinion. We did not violate a treaty or international law.

Hans Blix and UN weapons inspectors were on the ground, they weren't simply 'handed documents' - they found no WMD's and concluded there was no premise for strikes against Iraq.

I never said 'handed documents'
I will repeat what I wrote for you:

" Saddam expressed desire to revive Iraq's WMD program after inspections were lifted" meaning he kept around his posse of nuclear scientists, and was given another chance to comply, and then lied on documents he submitted.

As a non-American I don't have any influence over your electoral processes. But then again, it doesn't matter who you vote for you think it's difficult to fix an election?

Then I guess it's time for a revolutionary war, huh? Too bad civilians are all talk and no action with the joke of a "movement" they call Occupy. I'm all for the general mindset behind it, but come on. Start making some god damn demands to congress or something instead of just sitting outside in tents for months at a time without one clear team oriented goal.

As for the too much time on ATS comment - look at join date and number of posts. I think you definitely pip me on the 'need to stay off ATS' argument.

I like to talk more than I browse, what can I say

Finally, being contractually obligated to fulfill a role does not also require you to be morally or ethically void as a human. If I'm asked in my job to perform a task which will unnecessarily negatively impact another person beyond my moral acceptance, I won't do it nor allow another to. Hey maybe that's just me, let's face it most of the flock will do as they're told without thinking for themselves, and that's half the problem. If you sign up to fight, then that's what you're doing, you knew it when you signed and the consequences of your actions, which may result in your death, will not be known as heroic but dumb. Dumb for signing up in the first place, dumb for agreeing to aim weapons at innocents and militants alike and dumb for believing that the world is a better place for your meddling.

Once again, that's your opinion and in the end morality is a subjective truth. Just agree to disagree.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

Just agree to disagree.

Yes we can, this really could become a never-ending argument and I don't have time. Perhaps another time.

top topics

join