It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee UFO Witness , Pauline E. Petsel 's UFO Claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Was reading UFO reports and came across this lady's from Greenville, Tennessee. The lady has some fantastic claims - says she sees UFOs nearly all the time and has photos. Definitely seeking to get the info out or gain attention, I do not know .

Her official UFO report at NUFORC.
www.nationalufocenter.com...

GREENEVILLE Tn. Pauline E. Petsel is taking photographs of UFOs on a regular basis. Pauline Petsel writes, “I have taken thousands of pictures over the last three years; sometimes I take fifty to one hundred images a night”. Some months we don't see anything, but usually between the 6th to 9th of the month and the 22nd to 29th they show up.

Last year, in October, November, and December it was unbelievable several times a week. In October, and November there were UFOs almost every day. It seems to have slowed, but I have still shots using my Nikon 300 on a tripod using a shutter release. There are probably 17 of us who have joined together because we are seeing these things. One woman who lives five miles away is getting the same pictures as I do. Behind' the lights I've found 'solid' looking stuff and 'crafts! Some are in V shape and yet others are in curves or straight lines. Thanks to Pauline Petsel

Tried to find more info but only found a reply, which I believe to be hers iin response to the UFO's Descending over Russia which can been found here. www.ufosonearth.com...

Here is what she has to say:

Pauline E. Petsel · Thomas Jefferson High School

I have all kinds of pictures taken with a nikon300 camera on a vibration controlled tripod and use a shutter release cord.Iam able to crop in on my images after they are in a picture.I have been taking pictures for three years and can't get anyone interested enough to contact me.I have too much stuff , knowledge learned from watching so much and experiences with watching..Plus thousands of picture.In oct and nov of both 2010 and 2011 the ufo activity was almsost every night.I have some pretty strange stuf..A lot of things that match other peoples stuff on videos from you tube and i have pictures of shields or camaflaugge that is used.I have crafts.People are so interested in the 'lights'..A lot of time the lights are only a distraction to keep yopu from seeing what's really there! I tried contacting cnn, nat'l geographic, history channel, numerous places to no avail.Our small newspaper has had some stuff for two months but he's not sure how to print it...It doesn't 'make sense' to neither he or i.I've given 'some' pictures to the local homeland security but after not hearing back (though astonished at what i have) i don't give them any more.I have contacted a couple mufon places and given them photos but i have so much information i really need to 'talk' to someone.I can't write it all.
Reply ·
· January 1 at 10:46am

Don't know if her claims are true or not but let's keep an eye out! Thought I would give you guys a heads up especially since the Tom Reed family case.

Think we have another Tom Reed here? It's getting scarier and scarier these days...

Wanted to call this to your attention. I know it sounds too fantastic but so does the Reed case.
edit on 6-1-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/6/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Note--Converted ALL CAPS--Removed quote, replaced with ex.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

She sounds a little bit mad to be honest, the fact she's given all these "photos" to all these respected outlets, and even her local paper. and none of them seem interested, makes me think she maybe has photos of planets, planes, Chinese lanterns etc.

plus she's very "SHOUTY" isn't she

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

LOL..

WHAT DID YOU SAY??

I hear ya...she is kinda shouty huh?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
honestly, if theyre all night shots and just bright lights i'll feel sort of let down, so i wont get my hopes too high

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
She may be loony beCAUSE of seeing them so much lol . Who knows?

To be honest, I've seen several... some with other witnesses, some not. It has been a while since I've been able to get out and watch the night skies but hopefully soon , I can get back at trying to get proof of what I have seen.

Yes, her claims are fantastic but then again so are mine... so I can't say too much about the lady just yet!

I just hope her camera is better than mine lol!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This reminds me of that lady that claimed to have fed a family of big foots for years.Yet she had no evidence.Sadly I think this lady is full of it..unfortunately there's lots of crazies out there who will claim anything just for attention.But maybe she'll prove me wrong and provide proof!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

She sounds a little bit mad to be honest,

LOL! Reading her claims reminds me of my dear grandmother who every time I spoke with her on the phone claimed she had bugs crawling all over the ceiling above her bed. Her descriptions pretty much made my skin crawl, I was convinced she had a serious problem, maybe termites in the paper facing of the drywall or something. The next time I visited I went straight to the bedroom to check out this infestation. I was surprised to find the bugs completely gone. She went into the room, laid on the bed and said "they're right there" pointing up at her blank ceiling. I finally figured out the ceiling texture was playing tricks on her elderly eyes, LOL! I'm not saying this lady is crazy, but I am saying she may not be seeing what she thinks she's seeing. If UFOs are flying in her area with that kind of frequency then there should be hundreds or thousands of eyewitness reports.

edit on 7-1-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Here is another report of hers w/witnesses and photograph.

Pauline Petsel, of Birds Bridge Road, photographed this fiery object in the night sky on Monday from her home on Birds Bridge Road. She and her husband, Carl, say they don't know what the object was.
Originally published: 2009-07-09 11:27:34
Last modified: 2009-07-09 11:27:34

Three Observers

Aren't Sure What

They Saw Monday

BY BILL JONES

STAFF WRITER

A Birds Bridge Road couple saw, and photographed, a fiery, fast-moving object in the sky over southern Greene County on Monday night.

Carl and Pauline Petsel say they don't know what the object was that they and a friend, who was visiting their home, saw about 10:30 p.m. Monday.

Carl Petsel, who is a retired St. Petersburg, Fla., police officer, said he first noticed the object in the night sky as he looked south toward Camp Creek Bald (sometimes called Viking Mountain) in an attempt to see fireworks.

He noted that the object was moving rapidly in a southerly direction toward the mountains that form the border with North Carolina.

Carl Petsel said he is convinced that the object was moving away from the area where fireworks were being shot into the air by a neighbor and appeared to be moving faster than space satellites he was seen in the past.

After he told his wife and their friend, Patti Ritter, what he had seen, Carl Petsel said, his wife, who is a skilled amateur photographer, rushed outside and took several photos of the fleeting object with a digital camera.

On Tuesday, Greeneville Sun photographer Jim Feltman attempted to enhance the digital images of the object Mrs. Petsel photographed.

After reviewing the enhanced photos, Carl Petsel said he thought the object might have been a meteor that was entering the atmosphere.

But Pauline Petsel said she was unconvinced that the object was a meteor.

"When I first saw it, it looked like it was on fire," she said, noting that the object appeared to her to have dropped vertically toward the earth before making a sudden "right turn" and speeding away toward the Asheville Highway (Tennessee Route 70 South).

Mrs. Petsel also said she believed the object had been moving along horizontally at a level below the top of the mountains that border southern Greene County.

However, Mr. Petsel said he believed the object could have been higher than the mountain tops.

In a written statement, the Petsel's friend, Patti Ritter, said the object initially appeared to be roughly about three-quarters of the size of the full moon.

She descibed the object as being orange in color and noted that it appeared to have "flames on it toward the bottom."

In her statement, Ritter wrote that the wind was blowing in a direction opposite to the object's direction of travel when she saw it.

"It took only a very short time to move and be out of sight," Ritter wrote.

She noted that she was surprised that the object did not appear larger in the digital photos that Mrs. Petsel took.

Source:
greenevillesun.com...

edit on 7-1-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
If this person does have pictures of all of these supposed UFO's she seen then that would be great. My first impression is that she's probably going a bit nuts at her age - no disrespect to our older ATS members. However, if she would post these pictures online rather than teasing us with the prospect of UFO/alien aircraft out there I'm sure it would be interesting.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Hi Professor,

Appreciate the reply.

Did you notice on that second report that there were three observers?

It may be premature in thinking that she's nuts although I understand how we quickly want to jump on , label and dismiss claims such as these.

There was one submitted photo along with the report . (on that link at the Greenville Sun).

edit on 8-1-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Came across this. Trying to gather as much as I can on Patsel.
From all I gather- seems she is a very skilled photographer, having won a few contests, etc. She is a writer AND a hypnotist. Just google.

Here is another Greeneville Sun article speaking of the area sightings - several other witnesses sighting UFOs there..

More residents of southern Greene County have called The Greeneville Sun concerning sightings of strange objects in the night sky earlier this week.
Also on Thursday, an East Tennessee State University astronomy professor said, after reviewing a photo taken on Monday night, that the object was not a meteor.

Peter Hasterlik, a Heaven's Gate Lane resident, said that he and his wife on Monday night saw a bright object, which he described as a white light, moving along the Camp Creek Bald (Viking Mountain) and Meadow Creek Mountain.

The object suddenly "shot straight up" and disappeared as they watched, Hasterlik said.

Also on Monday night, Pauline and Carl Petsel, of Birds Bridge Road, saw, and photographed an object that glowed orange in the same area.

Hasterlik telephoned the Sun on Thursday after an article that outlined what the Petsels saw and one of their photos was published in the newspaper.

Karen Smith, an Asheville Highway resident, said in a voice-mail message left for a Sun reporter on Friday that her family had seen strange objects in the night sky on both July 2 and July 3.
SEEN FOR SIX YEARS

An Ebenezer Road resident who also saw the Thursday article called on Friday morning to say that she had been seeing for the last six years orange and white, balloon-like, objects in the night sky along the mountains that mark Greene County's border with North Carolina.

The caller, who asked that her name not be used, said the bright objects appear sporadically throughout the year, often near the top of Camp Creek Bald. She noted that she has never heard any sound associated with the objects, although her dogs sometimes refuse to leave the house when the objects are active.
"It's not an airplane, or a balloon, or a helicopter," the woman said. "They don't move like that."
POSSIBLY BALLOONS?
A Wayland Drive resident called on Thursday to say she thinks glowing objects in the night sky earlier this week over southern Greene County were some type of balloons.
Angie Hopson, who lives on Wayland Drive off the Asheville Highway said she, her husband and another couple saw on a recent night between 10:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. a total of seven glowing orange objects that moved across the night sky toward Camp Creek.

Seems they have ruled out meteor on that photo but we still have no clue as to what the object was..
I could have told them meteors don't go back UP lol.

Full article here:
www.whiteblaze.net...
edit on 21-1-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
That area seems to be a hotspot for ufo`s,very near Asheville,some say is an underground tunnel entrance nearby.This tunnel supposedly runs from Atl. to D.C.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by freeradical1

Hi freeradical,

Appreciate your comment: Sounds interesting - worth checking out.
This is news to me, so thank you.
If you by chance have more info, please do share.

Thanks again!
Southern Mid TN here.
BTW, I dO suspect underground activity 30 mi south of my residence so having bases up there wouldn't surprise me - as I hear, they are all over.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Update: Pauline Petsel has submitted photos to Nuforc.

IMO, they were just a bunch of lights and squiggles with the exception of one close up that I found of interest. Not sure what to think just yet.

What do you guys think?

Scroll 3/4 way to Tennessee Flaps for her submission of photos.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Update:

Pauline Petsel writes, “A couple weeks ago about January 15, 2012, I looked outside to see if there were any more flashing lights in the sky which I'd been photographing off and on for three years.” In fact by word of mouth I found several others watching this stuff and a group called Sky Watchers formed. We keep in contact through Face book.
One woman who lives five miles closer than I to the mountain range has taken pictures similar to mine. We have both been seeing things every night the last three months at 8:45-9:15 PM, I did get a chance once to see what she was getting and hers looked just like mine but a different angle.

About two weeks ago I looked out and saw
a couple flashing lights but was amazed to see what I thought was a faded colored orange blimp looking thing lazily crossing just above the Viking Mountain range. I didn't see any lights, just the image. I have my Nikon D 300 on a vibration controlled tripod and use a shutter release cord. I set the ISO to 3200. The thing moved so slow that I got four pictures in the same view finder. I never saw the 'blimp looking object' do anything at all. However while I was looking elsewhere and still clicking, my camera seemed to pick up weird motion. At church I mentioned what I saw to a retired military pilot who claim that he and his wife had watched the same object themselves, but 'they' saw it moving and jumping all over the place.
The six mile area we see clearly of the Mt. range took the object 4 minutes 44 seconds to move across going 45-48 miles an hour. We saw it between 8:45-9:15 PM. Another couple from church who saw it live 20 miles away from us saw it at 12:45 PM. They watched its slow progression for 28 minutes and then they said it turned and shot upward into the sky!

The pictures that I got are unbelievable enough with the twists and turns. One picture looks like a signature! But it isn't. It’s just more of its reforming. I have four people that also saw it. Editor’s Note: Advertising Blimps can be mistaken for a UFO.

There is a photo on the link:

Note the Editor's Note about advertising blimps:
I ask, "Do advertising blimps shoot straight up in the air?"

Other witnesses are involved so this lady isn't crazy imo.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It seems this thread isn't interesting enough and it got buried.
Am hoping someone will get on board here .

Pauline has submitted more photos to the reporting center since I last posted but I can't seem to get a response to the thread.
scroll down til you see Tennessee Orange Moving Light

Hoping to hear from ya ATS.
Where did you go? lol

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Bump Bump
This keeps getting buried..

No one seems to be reading/commenting.
Is there nothing worthy here?
With all of the sightings and photos?

Hello, hello, hello
Is there anybody in there-
Just nod if you can hear me! lol

Hey--at least tell me that you think I am wasting my time, mmmk?lol
edit on 25-2-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
another report -scroll down til you see Tennessee Report .

Read here w/photo:

Tennessee Lights

Pauline Petsel writes, “I was out taking pictures again a few nights ago, February 27, 2012, and the image I was 'trying to catch' had more than I thought. When I looked back on the image on the camera screen there was another image I hadn't even known about. The small white lighted image had a blue line hanging down from it. That was very interesting to 'me' as I saw something similar to it before.”

In 2003, I saw a similar but larger image in St. Petersburg, Florida. That image also had a line of bright colored lights coming down. The image looked like a florescent light bulb hanging in mid air for an hour. It showed up periodically for over two months. Friends in town also saw it and became constant viewers.

One night I saw something colorful come down from the tip top. Then the lights went out and it flew back up. It did that several times before becoming a very long line of bright lights. The image I just took in Tennessee just looked like a line of lights until I got the actual picture and then you could see the bright lights on it too. One night, the St. Petersburg image 'shot like a rocket downward' and returned. Thanks to Pauline Petsel [/quote]

The lady had another report that I failed to log to thread partly due to seeing nO interest from you guys .
Resuming the thread regardless and will try to find that report.

edit on 18-3-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Please Help Me Figure this Out!
This light is happening all the time .SHES NOT CRAZY .Well at least not about seeing this activity.I am going crazy trying to explain this light. I live a little further away than this lady but we have a perfect view of mountains from my back door and farm . I stare at them constantly day and night because our view is gorgeous . Me and my wife have witness a lot of what she has reported. I am asking anyone here that has the proper equipment to capture this on video to use my farm to set up and observation cam to capture this unexplained activity. It really happens weekly sometime for nights in a row.
SOMEONE Please come and see this and capture for the world help me explain. I have even loaded up and drove up the mountain after it to try and explain. I can take whoever to the mountain as well . I just need help i do not have resources to further investigate.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: vikingmountainwatcher

Interesting!
Hope someone comes along to help you.

new topics

top topics

join