It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Shield: DHS Officers Armed With Semiautomatics Running Unannounced ID Checkpoints

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by jude11

I saw this on the "Before It's New's" and thought I recognized the building as my local S.S. office. The article didn't say the location of the office so I didn't bother to take the 20 minute ride to see if these's officers were really there.
I just saw this thread and it is the very office I suspected. Wouldn't you know the moment I needed to jump, instead, I thought I needed to tame my suspicious mind!

I promise you I'll be there early Monday morning to ask questions and if needed, to take pictures. I'm going to make some phone calls now to my cousin who works at the court house. Maybe she can tell me something. If there's anything to share, I'll be back here to post.

edit on 7-1-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

Star for this ~! thx you because should this be a real event, across the nation, the S* has just hit the fan in my opinion~!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
No punk in body armor with a gun is going to make me submit to his authority, THIS IS AMERICA DAMNIT! DIE FOR YOUR RIGHTS, DIE WITH DIGNITY AND PRINCIPAL AND PURPOSE!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Gosh all this complaining about your government...didn't you guys VOTE for what you've got?

Geez, and most of you are ARMED, so you're many steps ahead of the rest of the world.

BE HAPPY

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

No we didn't vote for this wiseass, if you see our government promises us they won't allow certain things to happen then they let them happen, in short, that's called a LIE.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pumastar

So WHEN are you going to DO something about it?

Fool me once...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1

Fool me once...

I think that you are both right in what you are saying. The lies run rampant because the will of the average person has been hijacked. If some of us react at this point we will likely be fighting each other until we defeat ourselves. Setting TPTB's stage for umpteenth time. IMHO this is one of our major controlling factors.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

I will do something about it when the time is right, I'm no fool. Or I will do something about it when it directly affects me, I will not lay down like some coward to them that's all I'm saying and I don't think others should either. I'd gladly be a martyr.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Gee, aren't they supposed to be at the border???? Somebody's got things a little mixed up.

second

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2012 by Gridrebel because: double post

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

why not a 2feer, kill to birds with one stone , make people think it is a drill, but at the same time get ready for ?? because it is coming, what ?????

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Leesburg, Florida...You've got to be kidding me.

I've been there on vacation every year or so my whole life to visit my Nana. You see, I live in South Florida...so far South you've gone North again, if you get my drift. You don't really feel like you're in the South until you get up around Leesburg.

My Nana lives in a rustic, little old two bedroom, one bath house that had to be built in the 30s, if not earlier. It's surrounded by mossy trees. Nighttime is quiet and there's nothing to do when I visit her except get beat by her at rummy or go to the Olive Garden on 441. Leesburg is one of those sleepy southern towns that might make a good set for In the Heat of the Night.

Now, over the last 10 years, the Villages ("Florida's Premier Adult Community") has been built up and become quite the spot, just about 15 miles or so north of Leesburg. My Nana likes to check out the action in the movie-set Main Street square they have, complete with a gazebo and a few crappy, over-priced "theme" restaurants (where the theme is what your paying for, certainly not the food). Well, it's something to do anyway...

The police force there, however, is ridiculously outfitted. The Villages exist as a massive gated community in a town called Lady Lake - a suburb, if you will, of Leesburg. Something about the gated communities and the Disneyesque escapism of becoming a senior citizen, now combined with the police state mentality of "papers, please" makes me a little sick. The fact that people in my Nana's generation are just quietly succumbing to this is a testament to the bread and circus aspect of the whole thing. If anything, her generation is the one that should know the best - they've been around the block and lived through WWII. They should be of a certain mindset, yet it seems as though the frills of modern, American escapism has even blinded them. Fox, too. Nana thinks that Sean Hannity is "a real patriot," but I can never talk politics with Nana.

Next time I go to Leesburg for a visit I will definitely be keeping my eye open at the state of affairs and taking notes. Maybe I'll take a stab at talking politics with her...see if I can get her to vote for Ron Paul or something (doubt I'll get her to vote for Nader, lol). I have a feeling the Catholic church will want her to vote for Santorum, though.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
And how would I know if these guys are genuine ?

Badges and ID from them if asked ?

How do I verify their ID ?

AND,

what IF I refuse to show ID and walk away ?

how about if I panic and RUN away ?

Still a "training" exercise ?

Hmmm.

If this happens outside a bank, how do I know it's not a bank robbery ?

I wany my tax money back....

NOW

1. I would simply, and eloquently tell them to "F%$@! off! unless you are cashing my check or have a warrant and badge, you gets no ID from me."

2. If they react in any threatening manner holding an automatic weapon in public I would call the local police and report armed men brandishing automatic weapons in public. then Id call the local news station and tell them the same thing.

3. If they actually tried detaining me ..well, I hope they have really good BJJ or major medical coverage, and some damn fine lawyers, because the end result would be a civil suit against each and every one present, and possibly a news clip of a security guard getting CTFO'd.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
waiting on Jude11 to come back and giver their report on this .. they said they live in the same city and close to this location ..

definately need confirmation on this .. either way ..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
waiting on Jude11 to come back and giver their report on this .. they said they live in the same city and close to this location ..

definately need confirmation on this .. either way ..

No it wasn't me that said I lived nearby. It was another poster and I am also waiting for them to return with a report.

We'll wait together...

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Komodo

definitely need confirmation on this .. either way ..

No it wasn't me that said I lived nearby. It was another poster and I am also waiting for them to return with a report.

We'll wait together...

Peace

sorry jude
) didn't see the sweetliberty at the top *grin*..

so yea.. still waiting on Sweetliberty for confirmation ..

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You have to understand that it is looking more likely then ever for a military coup as the way "out" of our problems. In order for a military coup to be justifiable to the people, the local police all the way to the federal agents must be so vilified as to warrant such a thing.

Look at all the hatred and fear in regards to the TSA with airplane travelers. Now expand that to the average city block +, with what I would imagine would be very affirmative action/EoE type garbage= the ultimate justification for a Military Coup. Things are going to get very, very interesting. We may see within our life time(or the very near future) a kind of Military, libertarian dictatorship.

For the most part, all the Military would have to do is take a hands off approach to most things(keep the bill of rights while ditching the rest of the US Constitution) and people would openly, with genuine adoration, welcome it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1

Fool me once...

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure once it hits the fan, the first ones that ``are gonna get hanged by angry mobs`` are the TSA. The TSA are probably the most hated around the US, excluding of course the politicians.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I would certainly hope that these unconstitutional searches are not being OK'd at the top level, or in the courts. our Fourth Amendment rights (are meant to) protect us from unreasonable search or seizure without a valid warrant, save in several exceptions to the general rule. Gov't agents are certainly not meant to have to the power to make investigatory stops on us unless there is reasonable suspicion that criminal activity is afoot (Terry v. Ohio).

The Federal government plays a valid role in our lives, but we must be careful not to allow any government, federal or otherwise, to overstep the bounds of their authority. It is no hyperbole to say that every liberty ceded is another brick in the road to totalitarianism.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Oh quit your complaining....that's all you people ever do on this site.

You cry and whine and never do anything about anything...just cry about rights this and that...or you talk like internet tough guys which i believe are the biggest pussies on here.

I wish you would all do something...the less of you people the better.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Oh quit your complaining....that's all you people ever do on this site.

You cry and whine and never do anything about anything...just cry about rights this and that...or you talk like internet tough guys which i believe are the biggest pussies on here.

I wish you would all do something...the less of you people the better.

Most people on here are just as frustrated as you are after reading yet another unjustly intrusion on our liberties.
Even more so when it comes to our elderly and disabled.
Sometimes all we can do is complain about things. Fortunately or unfortuantely, in my case, this article explains what happened to my neighbors.
I live close enough to Leesburg that I have an opportunity to ruffle some feathers and I assure you, I will!

The people of Leesburg are loving and kind. I would pit them against any other city in the United States and not be the least bit surprised when they come in first place as the most genuine and caring people.

This subject and dozens of others are hitting us at a pace that's stunning, imo.
I hope I'll soon be able to share information with this thread as to what I'm working on... (interviews and hopefully to give a few people the uncomfortable, unwelcomed feeling of what it feels like to be probed, lol)

It's not easy working two jobs while finding the time to piss of the "nothing to see here, move along folks" personalities but I'll find the time.

What I can share for now is that I've yet to come across a police officer (city or county) who knew about the invasion.. oh I mean "training" ... and they weren't aware of the article either. One Lake County deputy tried to compare the training the Federal Protective Officers to that of a training he recently participated in, in an open field on the property of the local community college

Hopefully I'll have some interesting information to share later this week from some appointments I've made.

One last thing, I emplore the readers of ats to look into what they can do locally with their voice and time.

Theres no more excuses for not making yourself aware of your surroundings.... for instance, like working two jobs, lol.

Here's a tip, take a close look at those "feel good" projects happening in your city or county... it's scary people!

edit on 14-1-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join