It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Shield: DHS Officers Armed With Semiautomatics Running Unannounced ID Checkpoints

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Operation Shield: DHS Officers Armed With Semiautomatics Running Unannounced ID Checkpoints

DHS training in the streets. Just "randomly" popping up and asking for ID's.

So what would happen if one were to refuse their polite request to identify yourself? Many states have laws against police officers demanding ID without just cause. Is DHS above the law? I know, silly question...of course they are!

www.dailycommercial.com...

With their blue and white SUVs circled around the Main Street office, at least one official was posted on the door with a semiautomatic rifle, randomly checking identifications. And other officers, some with K-9s, sifted through the building.

But it was only Federal Protective Service officers with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security who were conducting a random training operation early Tuesday morning when they surprisingly showed up at the Social Security Administration office in downtown Leesburg.

Does anyone have true stats on how much violent crime is taking place at the Social Security Offices? I'm guessing not much if any.

But it makes me wonder if these are drills for something to come. People being denied? No more checks because of more Government cut backs (theft)?

Actually, the reason isn't going to reveal itself until it's time but to have this happening anywhere, anytime and to ID anyone in the vicinity is just a precursor to what is coming. This is exactly what people said could never happen. Well, it's happening.

According to one Homeland official in the Washington, D.C. office, Operation Shield. is an effort that uses routine, unannounced visits by FPS inspectors to test the effectiveness of contract guards, or protective security officers -- "detecting the presence of unauthorized persons and potentially disruptive or dangerous activities."

From one commenter:
www.blacklistednews.com...

Or could it simply have been a show of force to prepare people for what is coming down the pike?My guess is that's a more accurate description of what it really was!Like I've said before,how many times have this group of thugs ever told you the truth about what they are doing.Welcome to ameriKa,papers please!

Cracker122049

And I see I am not the only one outraged by this:
www.dailycommercial.com...

Wow! (by: Matt - 1/5/2012) Not even DHS agents. "Operation Shield. is an effort that uses routine, unannounced visits by FPS inspectors to test the effectiveness of contract guards ..." . So the govt. is hiring thugs with assault rifles to harass citizens getting their social security checks? Kind of Libya or Syria I would say. I guess they will need to enforce martial law when SS finally runs out and the people riot.

Why? (by: Todd Out Loud - 1/5/2012) Why is there a need for this kind of nonsense in this country? I guess when the financial structure collapses, the government will use any means necessary to keep the citizenry in line. Where is the Sheriff to remove these thugs from the county? Let me guess, our Congressmen must have traded our sovereignty for federal law enforcement money? Americans, quit allowing our government to play us as victims and fools. Turn off your damn televisions and start paying attention to what is going on in Congress. This is not a Republican vs Democrat issue, this is a matter of liberty vs tyranny.

Show me your papers or I'll machine gun you? (by: Jasonn - 1/5/2012) Most of those federal law enforcement weenies are WAY out of control and this story shows a real good example. Those guys are dressed up like a SWAT team with automatic weapons to check a few IDs. Pure intimidation and conditioning of the American people is what's going on. You'd expect to see something like that in the old Soviet Union or Nazi Germany, but not here in MY America. How long are we going to put up with that stuff before some agency heads get canned?

edit on 6-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well, They kept saying it would never happen in THIS country. I am vindicated.

Thanks, jude, for the lovely picture of the police state encroaching.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Seeing things like this make me hope the world does end on 12/21/12. The human race has lost it mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Simple, they would take you to the nearest or direct to the nearest available office and buy you one, courtesy of DHS. Now that's funny...

TN DHS / DOT purchase ID's for voters

edit on 6-1-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm afraid it will be all too soon before these types are carrying around portable fingerprint scanners and retinal scanners just in case someone " forgets" to have their papers with them at all times.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
What?

3HO the islamic-hindu spinoff religious cult with a Compound in Arizona has the Federal Contracts for Security of Federal / Military buildings.

Who are these DHS Officers? Does that mean the religious Cult 3HO is losing their Federal Security contract?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
What?

3HO the islamic-hindu spinoff religious cult with a Compound in Arizona has the Federal Contracts for Security of Federal / Military buildings.

Who are these DHS Officers? Does that mean the religious Cult 3HO is losing their Federal Security contract?

hmmm... is this one and the same?

Interesting. Never made the connection as I had no idea about 3HO. Are you sure of this?

Peace

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I love my government and everything it does and doesn't do.
The NDAA has shown me the error of my ways.
These checkpoints are for our own good otherwise why would the government be using them??
They are only trying to keep us safe from the terrorists!

We were at war with Eurasia.
We were never at war with Eurasia.

If I see something I will definately say something.
Long live Obama.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I love my government and everything it does and doesn't do.
The NDAA has shown me the error of my ways.
These checkpoints are for our own good otherwise why would the government be using them??
They are only trying to keep us safe from the terrorists!

We were at war with Eurasia.
We were never at war with Eurasia.

If I see something I will definately say something.
Long live Obama.

This gave me a really good laugh.

Thankyou.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
DHS RANDOMLY checking ID as a part of a "training" exercise?

Test run for the Police state (that is already oozing into every facet of our lives).

This is getting ridiculously out of hand and PEOPLE ARE NOT DOING A THING ABOUT IT except getting startled and whining and TAKING IT (like us)

Papers, please?

More like Papers NOW. OR Else.

This country is getting even crazier on both a micro and macro level.

ETA: The more i read of this crap, the more disgusted i get. Absolutely
because no one is doing anything about it. The people we "elect" continue it, and the population is largely apathetic. I'd like to move somewhere else, but pretty soon, this will, unfortunately, be the way of the world. Play ball (by our rules) or else. Conform to our standards or else.

edit on 7-1-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
definite flag nice find

As for this my city only has one small police force thats trained to handle the full auto riot control department but if new laws go through harper wants to spend 45 mill in hiring new officers and "upgrading" their current officers training. For everyone south of the border or north this is a sign of things to come.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

I only wish I could afford to be joking.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Its not time to man the barricades yet....weve got a lot of waking up to do first......
Wreh it becomes obvious to the majority of moral people that the goverment ceased being an instrument of the people decades ago.......
When they ar groaning under the lash, their children gaunt and ragged,when they have no where left to turn for hope.....
Then will they rise......

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
That's freedom boy!

And you like it, otherwise you gonna disappear during the night!

DHS and TSA, violating the constitution 24/7/365!
edit on 7-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
in the near future this will be on bill boards and on PBS, as well as NPR, for US only:
[just a friendly reminder by TSA/ DHS, a PSA, your REAL ID should be on your person at all times , REAL IDs are now available to you. Check with your DMV, to see if they have them, all States must be in compliance by 2013, this has been a TSA DHS PSA,] in the mean time; papers pleas and where are you going and for what reason? all Hail OBAMA!!!! followed by NAS this is a test of the Nation Alert System , if this had been a real Alert you would have..., FEMA the one that looks out for you, if your in a flood an Earth quake, who do you need the most..., See Something Say Something now matter how small it might be , some one taking a pic, some one standing around, do your part, report it...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
And how would I know if these guys are genuine ?

Badges and ID from them if asked ?

How do I verify their ID ?

AND,

what IF I refuse to show ID and walk away ?

how about if I panic and RUN away ?

Still a "training" exercise ?

Hmmm.

If this happens outside a bank, how do I know it's not a bank robbery ?

I wany my tax money back....

NOW

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I actually got pulled over by a Las Vegas police officer last month.

The car was unmarked and and had a portable red flashing light on the roof.
The officer was dressed in a military kaki type uniform.

He showed me his regular badge when I opened my window.

He said I had a burned out brake light.

I asked if we could test that right now and he said OK.

The left light was out and I said I would fix it right away, as I carry spare bulbs with me.

He said OK after I showed him the new bulb.

He told me I could go with no ticket, but fix that light today.

I asked him why the Army uniform ?

He said they were in a joint training exercise and I should get going.

I said thanks and hurried off.

Has anyone else seen regular police in military type uniforms ?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Someone asks for my ID i would tell them where to go. I got pulled over by a copper in thr UK and he asked for my licence I asked him why, and he repeated can I see yiur licence sir, again I asked yes if you give me a valid reason, he said I need to know who you are, I said, no you dont need to know who I am sir, and I am not obliged to give you my details when I have done nothing illegal. he went away and spoke to the station and let me go.

When the police start acting like policemen and not like the Nazi SS I will capitulate, until then I follow the lawful rebelion.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Why are they still trying to push people. we will all die when the dollar collapses due to lack of food. Sheesh

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
calm down americans calm down , here in the UAE more than 5 years ago , people got the chipped ID contained data like face recognition and finger prints , now we have the chipped passport and probably know where we are at the moment , and maybe next we will be chipped hell even maybe probed

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join