It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extensive 2012 Predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
A list of 40 predictions for 2012 I found yesterday: www.tabbarianreport.com...

1. Military Conflict with Iran will begin in the 3rd or 4th Quarter of 2012. The trigger event is likely
to involve the fact that several U.S. interests and military assets are positioned all around Iran.
In some ways, it may be the Iranians who trigger the event that will begin a larger military
conflict due to the fact that the sum of all actions taken and that will be taken by the West will
put Iran in a stranglehold. When one is put in a stranglehold, they are not likely to react
peacefully. Furthermore, the U.S. and allies have tried nuclear talks, causing instability or trying
to support revolt within Iran, assassinating Iranian scientists, and spreading viruses throughout
the nuclear program and other industrial hardware and software. While all these tactics were
highly effective in delaying the Iranians, they were never enough to stop their progress. I
predicted the use of the virus that dealt a significant blow to the Iranian program, and I
therefore have some legitimacy when making a prediction about military conflict in 2012. If this
conflict grows out of control, it could create a dangerous global situation as the Russians and
Chinese are deeply entrenched regarding their interests in Iran and Syria. This is a large factor
driving my prediction for the price of oil in 2012, which will be posted below. My greatest fear is
that given the magnitude of the deeply entrenched interests from around the world in this
region (America, Europe, China, Russia, India), we could be looking at a trigger event for a much
larger conflict. I hope that fear will not occur, but it is a risk that must be addressed.

2. The President of Syria, Bashar Al-Assad, will not go down easily. It will be a difficult fight.
However, when the dust settles on 2012, Assad will lose power in Syria in one way or another.
He will continue to fake attacks against his regime as an excuse to repress and become more
brutal with his own people. He will also face a very real and more intensified insurgency. When
peaceful protest is made impossible, violence is guaranteed. Intensified regional and
international involvement in aiding the opposition will result in an end to the reign of the Assad
regime in Syria.

3. The situation in Iraq will begin to spiral out of control again as the Iranians, Saudis, Syrians,
Americans, and other regional players try to influence the situation in the country for their own
benefit within a larger regional context. The bloodshed might mimic some of the worst days of
the civil war/U.S. presence in the country. As Syria’s stability and function as Iran’s junior
partner becomes more questionable to the Iranians, they will act forcefully to control the
situation in Iraq.

4. Saudi Arabia will have to deal with its first significant uprisings, protests, and riots since the
beginning of the Arab spring. This instability is likely to be caused by disenfranchised Shia
populations within Saudi Arabia, along with radical Sunnis who are and will continue to be
disappointed and even enraged by the slow, but sure liberal progress that is being made in the
Kingdom on a yearly basis. The Shia populations may receive outside aid from Iran and
elements within Iraq. Considering that the Shia population lives on top of 80% of Saudi oil
production, their uprising could lead to attacks, large or small, against oil and gas infrastructure
within the Kingdom. Similar events could occur in other Gulf Countries like Bahrain. This, along
with an Iranian conflict, could have significant consequences on how high the price of oil goes
and stays.

www.tabbarianreport.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
STOP PRESS!

22. On a lighter note, the newly married royal couple in Britain, Prince William and Catherine, will have their first child late in 2012.

Okay, carry on.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well number 40 is probably the most accurate prediction.....

40. Not all of these predictions will come true, but at least one will

Other than that, it is mainly just more of the same, that many of us here could well predict. Like most predictions, the trajectory is established by current events and indicators. So any forthcoming surprise is not anticipated, and for that matter, not predicted. Ever notice how these people suddenly rewrite their predictions once an unanticipated event occurs?

That's not to say I disagree with it entirely. I think he has made some good predictions. I very much agree with his prediction on Australia, and I am Australian:

10. The sharp slowdown and possible recession in China will lead to sharp slowdowns and/or recessions in Australia, several developing nations in Latin America, Africa, and Asia. Australia has other internal problems like massive household debt and a housing bubble. Many African and Latin American countries’ economies have become based on exporting resources, raw materials, and other commodities to China. This slowdown in China will even slightly hurt nations like Canada and Germany who have seen their exports to China grow in recent years.

I agree with his points about Europe, the global monetary system, tensions in Sth China Sea, the China housing and economic situation, some of the geopolitical situations and civil unrest. But notice, these are things we regularly discuss on here anyway.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
yeh all makes sense,

but economy will decline when Greece and Hungary defaults first, Q2 not second half. Main point which will be true here is

"By the end of 2012, the gold price will likely find a range of $2500-$2800, more importantly, silver will certainly end the year $50-$75.

top topics

join