It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days of Darkness in 2012

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thanks for this thread.

I'm still on the fence about the topic. I've come across the prediction a number of times.

This thread will allow me to sort through the sources and assertions and come to a better understanding and evaluation. I appreciate the links and selected quotes.

My tentative conviction is that something like the darkness predicted will occur.

Kathleen Keating used to have a website with such on it. I don't know what happened to her. She may have angered the PTB too much.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I had heard somewhere that the solar system would be passing through the galactic center every 30,000 years, but I looked that up and found it to be most likely false.

I do maintain that we could be passing through some kind of field of matter or energy that prevents light from the sun from reaching earth.
edit on 8-1-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Actually it takes 30-40 million years for the solar system to reach the apex of its oscillation and then return to galactic plane. The last time we passed through the galactic plane occurred much longer ago than the 90s. In fact, try 3 million years ago. So, we have another 27-37 million years before we reach the galactic lane again. At which point it will take thousands of years to cross through the galactic plane. I'm also going to point out that the precession of the equinoxes is caused by the wobble of the Earth, not the oscillation of the solar system.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The Author here is describing the events of Garabandal Spain. From studying this event for many many years now and read countless books and papers on the Apparition that occur between 1961 to 1965. I can at say that the Author did a pretty good job noting the key points.
For the "Great Miracle" I do know it is written that "The Great Miracle" will be something that Man has never seen before ! Well that leaves a lot to the imagination does it now, and it will leave no doubt to those who witness it that this "Great Miracle" comes directly from God himself !
Also, all present in Garabandal on the day of the "Great Miracle" will be cured of all illness and sickness. It will be the only and last time in the history of the World that Jesus will cure all, regardless they believe or not !
If you remember in the New Testament Jesus only cure those who believed!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What if the earths gravity shifted somehow and where antarctica is today was somewhere near the equator at some point in earths history?

That might account for some "disapearances" of ancient civilizations in the past...

Hapgood tried to place Antarctica around 60 degrees S and tried to employ a 30 tilt. As all evidence from fossils and paleomagnetism reveal there has been no tilt. There has been to ECD. There has been no large TPW in the large 200 million years.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inannamute
You lost me at

perversion of youth (e.g. homosexuals giving lectures in schools),

Uh, are homosexuals giving lectures in schools about how to do anal properly? I'm guessing probably not. Homosexuality is not pedophilia, as much as the conservative straight edge narrowminded people may wish it to be. Nor are they recruiting. You are gay, or you are straight. Gay parents raise straight kids and straight parents raise gay kids. Nothing to do with an army of militant homosexuals perverting the youth of the world, so please stop implying they are.

Way to take the statement out of context

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DaarkSyde2012

Consider how a volcano is going to pump enough material into the air that blocks all light and yet settles out in 3 days. Not happening.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I was eondering when somone was going to come by in the new year and spit out another prophecy that will never come to pass. Congrats to you for being the first (at least that I have seen). I just wanted to stop by, because you couldn't hear me say B.S. unless I had actually responded on this page.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by UFObuilder1

The idea of the Earth stopping makes no sense when you learn that people at the equator are moving at 1000mph. If you stop the Earth the people and other objects will continue to move at 1000mph.

A nebula makes no sense either since it would be seen as blocking stars as it approached the solar system.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

The Mayans had said that our solar system would align with the "Dark Rift" which lies at the center of the galaxy.

Not true. The Mayans did not know about galaxies. This alignment claim is a modern new age hoax.

The center of galaxy has no different effect on us when we make an alignment as it does today and has for billions of years. Nothing changes.

The magnetic fields from the central part of the Milky Way are not detectable here.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

Pole shifts have never happened. Pole shifts are not physically possible.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Can you provide a source that pole shifts have never happened?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If we imagine the Earth being gradually slowed down, by whatever means, and came to a gradual stop, then no one would go flying off, since the Moon doesn't rotate, and the astronauts were able to walk on the Moon without 'falling off'. So, if the Earth slowed down and stopped, wouldn't there be Light on half the Earth, and Darkness on the other half? If we then whatif that the Earth started rotating again after 3 days, then that is an explanation for the '3 days of darkness'. We shouldn't ignore all the legends about a '3 days of darkness'. Isn't there usually even a little truth in any Legend?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by nh_ee

The magnetic fields from the central part of the Milky Way are not detectable here.

Really? Then why doesn't the solar system fly out of the galaxy?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Amaterasu

There are actually two parts to the core. There is an inner core which is composed of solid iron about the size of the Moon. Then there is the molten outer core which is about the size of Mars. As stereologist mentioned, it is actually the outer core that produces the magnetic field. Not the inner core as many people believe.

But wouldn't the outer core magnetize the solid core...? I would think so.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

I believe the core is iron...and magnetized...and that makes it a magnet...n'est pas?

No.

The core is in 2 parts: outer liquid, inner solid. The magnetic field is due to convection currents in the liquid, ie outer portion of the core.

As I asked above, wouldn't that magnetize the solid inner core?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

We can begin with this paper for the last 200 million years, well before man.
adsabs.harvard.edu...

You have to understand that a pole shift is a geologically rapid event taking place in less than a year, whereas TPW, or true polar wander, takes place over millions of years.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jb1958

The Moon does rotate. It rotates once per revolution.

Gravity does not stop because rotation stops.

Here is the real issue. You can't just stop the crust. You have to stop the mantle and core as well. What is going to stop the rotation? What is going to start the rotation?

Legends are not necessarily linked to truth. Here is an example. In many legends animals talk to people. Animals can't possibly vocalize human sounds so the legend is obviously impossible.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

Really? Then why doesn't the solar system fly out of the galaxy?

Gravity.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

But wouldn't the outer core magnetize the solid core...? I would think so.

No.

hypertextbook.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

These 2 sources show that the core is well above the curie temperature for iron.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join