It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days of Darkness in 2012

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

You're very serious about this aren't you ?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I made this thread back in december 2010 about days of darkness... a prediction of mine of where it will start....

Bangkok, Thailand.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
See this is why I gave up on religion. Cant even take a piss without breaking a commandment. I think god broke his own commandments anyway.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
It's funny how these prophecies/religions/predictions only consider a certain region or area on earth, as if that was the only region existing (probably true at the time these were made, as there was not much knowledge about the earth). That always does it for me.

en.wikipedia.org...

For regions inside the polar circles, the lengths of the time when the sun is below the horizon varies from 20 hours at the Arctic Circle and Antarctic Circle[citation needed] to 179 days at the Poles[citation needed]. However not all this time is classified as polar night, since sunlight may be visible because of refraction[citation needed]. Also, the time when the sun is above the horizon at the poles is 186 days. The numerical asymmetry occurs because the time when the sun is partially above the horizon is counted towards the "daytime". Also, the above numbers are average numbers: owing to the ellipticity of the Earth's orbit, where the South pole receives a week more of sun-below-horizon than the North pole (see equinox).

So guess what ? As you go north, you get varying periods of total darkness until you reach the poles.

Rapture, coming to a polar region near you, soon. (sarcasm)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
About the actual prediction:

If something blocked the sun for three days, we would all freeze to death.
If the earth rotation stopped.. etc then it would only be three days of darkness in one place, and three days of light in another (not what the predictions claim).

I can think of at least one possibility though:
If something blocked only the visible frequencies of the sun's light.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Never trust Catholics, they are source of all evil. Martin Luther realized this and wanted to clean church from evil. Still so many Christians are Catholic, as slave of Vatican.

And if 3 days of darkness comes, you have to believe in Jesus. No matter how sinful you have been in your life, Jesus is Salvation, Life and Light.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModerateSkeptic
About the actual prediction:

If something blocked the sun for three days, we would all freeze to death.
If the earth rotation stopped.. etc then it would only be three days of darkness in one place, and three days of light in another (not what the predictions claim).

I can think of at least one possibility though:
If something blocked only the visible frequencies of the sun's light.

Earth doesn't freeze during 3 days. We have atmosphere that can keep our planet warm for long time. And even then when Atmosphere is too cold, Earth itself radiates heat. Deeper you go, warmer you get. In deepest mines temperatures reach over 30°C from Earth's heat.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Did some more research and yes, that's about correct, it would take a few million years:
www.popsci.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
One guy on ATS said that we are all imprisioned in a matrix like system where everything around us is an illusion.

Some hacker could easily hack the mainframe and switch the sun off for 3 days and 3 nights.

Also with a simple bit of code like 'bool b_Artificial_Light_Can_Be_Used = false;' every light in this matrix cannot be switched on !!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I could possibly see this happening if a major volcano were to disperse enough ejecta to block out the suns rays from reaching the earth, I don't think it would be an ELE but there may be a lot of panic and chaos to the populace.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

THE PROXIMATE SIGNS

1. Flouting of church laws, irreverence and immodesty in church, fall in attendance at church.

2. Lack of charity towards others, heartlessness, indifference, divisions, contentions, godlessness, pride in human knowledge.

3. Breakdown of family life: immorality, adultery, perversion of youth (e.g. homosexuals giving lectures in schools), immodest fashions (e.g. mini-skirts and hot pants, bikinis and see-throughs), people concerned only with eating, drinking, dancing and other pleasures.

4. Civil commotions, contempt for authority, downfall of governments, confusion in high places, corruption, coups d'etat, civil war, revolution. (The first four proximate signs have already come to pass, at least partly; for we are yet to see civil war and revolution in the West. But the sequence of events is not strictly chronological; there is room for some overlapping. Thus, the 5th proximate sign seems to have begun also.)

5. Floods and droughts, crop failures, unusual weather, tornadoes, earthquakes, tidal waves, famines, epidemics, unknown diseases (e.g. new strains of viruses).

Its called "The Mean World" syndrome:

It's a mean, mean world

Apart from, possibly, point 1 ... ok, and maybe the mini skirts and hot pants ... all of these "proximate signs" have occurred continuously, in all major societies, throughout the last few thousand years of human history ... the Persians, the Greeks, the Romans, the Mongolians, the Turks, the French, the Dutch, the English, the Germans, the Japanese, the USA etc etc etc all loved, above all else, to Fight, Feed and F ... well you know the rest.

I would argue that, in fact, this time in human history is, not for all but for most, the best and safest in which to live.

We have, generally, higher standards of living, higher life expectancy, higher levels of security, higher levels of safety, more people who are educated, more awareness, acceptance, information, understanding, nutrition, medical knowledge, technology etc etc etc

But hey, forget all that happy stuff ... bring on the end of the world baby!

We all need a little bit of drama in our lives don't we? ... you know, to to help spice things up a bit ...
edit on 8/1/12 by Horza because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It is going to happen. Dec 21 is too late for many reasons. None the least, because the elite would have not told us the real date, not to create panic. The first event will happen beforehand, let say in March-April. One prophecy published online envisioned the antichrist in Mid Spring 2012. Another, a message from JNSR in Belgium said March 28, 1972 is fulfillment of older prophecy. Whatever the exact date, here is how I see the sequence:

1. escalation of Mideast situation to a big enough war, probably even nuclear.
2. Meteorite hits the Earth. It comes from behind the Sun. Already leaked info of a planet opposite of the Sun, that will naturally have such objects around itself. Check Dr Uvarov, the Russian dean of UFO department (they have such!)

3. Intervention by ...I would call them benevolent ET, you may call them angels for the rapture. They prevent WW3 and rescue a large number of willing people.

4. possible rise of the Antichrist in Spring - Summer. POSSIBLE not mandatory. We do not know if God has allowed that to happen in our time. For ex. Hitler wasn't the final antichrist.

5. Switch on the time control technology, spoken of by Dr Anderson. It is possessed by: Korea, Japan, China, India, Russia, USA. CERN is not even mentioned in his works. Pls inform yourselves on that very important topic. One of the reasons would be, to prevent the Dec 21 catastrophe. Another would be - to protect from the alien invasion (the just happened rescue or rapture). Other reasons will be listed, the frightened to death remaining world pop will have no choice but to accept the inevitable.

6. Forming of an event horizon around the planet Earth - 3 days of darkness. Everyone who knows that, knows the time flows slower inside the event horizon. Hopefully the chosen ones will be hidden at that time in refuges (call it whatever secure locations on/under/off earth) and for them it will be short.
That may correspond to the 6th seal from Revelation.
It is quite possible the time inside the actual event horizon to be not 3 days but 3.5 years and to match with the antichrist. Just speculate. In such case, the rescued-raptured people may have a thousand years more. I don't know, just speculate on the possibility of time dilation and distortion that we are told it may exist. The catholic mystics who write about refuges, say they will be supernaturally protected from the surrounding world. That sounds as some kind of completely isolated spheres. Perhaps the time will flow inside different than that in the entire earth. May be someone clever than me will do a better job to build up scenarios of that.

Well, I hope the real world scenario that is coming is Without any antichrist.

The talks of 5D ascension - let look at them with pretty scientific view. The 4D is time in one direction, the 5D is time in multiple directions. And the physics now investigates not 5D but 11 D (3 space, 1 time and 7 additional D on micro-level) in CERN and other colliders. For me, the so called 5D has nothing to do with changing human body into something etheric, even less with a resurrection-like transformation, to go thru walls and to fy in air, no food etc. Such could and will occur, but only at the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
edit on 8-1-2012 by Gliese581 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well...speculation is fine, but we're only about 11 months away so why don't we just wait and see, then after nothing happens post a thread titled "Misinterpretations of prophecy."

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
What if its this simple. What if the "3 days of darkness" is actually just what naturally occurs on December 22nd? I'm sure you ALL know that on December 22nd of every year the sun gets to its lowest point in the sky and for 3 days is stays in this same position until December 25th. What if all of this is just mistranslations for the understandings they had of the year, and these "3 days" was how they knew it was the end of the year. Just food for thought.

That was my first thought also. There are a surprising number of religions whose leaders/prophets have died for 3 days to be resurrected again. If it's not that then the only plausible explanation could be volcanic eruptions with global cloud cover, but that seems a little far fetched.

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

should the 3 days of darkness come about,then perhaps this is what the under ground bases where made for, so the elite can scurry down their holes,while their pet dogs put the sheep and lambs above the ground to slaughter,depopulation on a grand scale.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I would have to say that if you read the information correctly it has nothing to do with the earth not spinning. From each one you get the impression that something is literally blocking or coming between us and it. One even speaks of a nebula. This is more scientifically plausible than the earth just coming to a dead stop.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The Mayans had said that our solar system would align with the "Dark Rift" which lies at the center of the galaxy.

What is interesting about this is that this was made long before we understood much about the galaxy and/or the entire Universe.

But we now understand that what exists at the center of our Galaxy is what is now commonly known and understood to be a Black Hole.

Is this "Dark RIft" and the Black Hole located at the center of our Galaxy and known and proven to exist...related by chance ?

I feel that there is a good probability that they are....and how this relates to the 3 Days of Darkness is what we understand as far as what a Black Hole is ....and it's potential effects upon anything that approaches one....and hence the term ....Black Hole.

Black holes are very strong Magnetic Fields concentrated in a vortex similar to a Tornado ....in essence...but instead of wind and air molecules it's composed of a huge amount of magnetic energy.

This is what makes them Black....the fact that the energy is so strong the light which is also electromagnetic in nature is also absorbed.

IS this what the 3 Days DARKNESS is Related To by chance ?

I'll leave it at that for now but in Science...

We know that black holes exist....and that there also exists one at the center of our Galaxy the Milky Way...And when the Mayans refer to "Dark Rift"....and December 21st, 2012 there does appear to be some semblance of a connection.

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

ok - simple question - please outline the scientific mechanism which will cause 3 days of darkness

I've wondered about how this could happen all my life, since hearing about it from the bible when I was little. I never heard of pole shift until relatively recently.

This is what I guess.

Depending on where you are on the earth when the pole shift starts, you might see 3 days of darkness, or 3 days of daylight. It depends what time of day it is where you are when the pole shift happens.

Say it's daytime where you are when the pole shift starts. Before night comes, the earth does a 180, and you're still in daylight. That might be it, if the pole shift takes about 3 days to complete.

I think in the bible it also says the sun appeared to stand still, and then started coming up from the opposite direction, which would be consistent with a 180 degree flip.

The next question is why did it flip?

edit on 8-1-2012 by mrnotobc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
3 days of darkness in Dec 2012 sounds more like worldwide EMP (from sunstorm or made-made) events or financial apocalypse. Not many people know that Federal Reserve contract ends on Dec 2012 too.

Interesting but I won't be hopeful on it.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Actually John Major Jenkins says that, not the Mayans. Also, the Great Rift covers a large portion of the sky, not just the center of the galaxy. It covers from Cygnus to Centaurus. One of the constellations it appears to pass through is Sagittarius, which is where the center of the galaxy is located.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join