It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days of Darkness in 2012

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

well at least we don't have to worry about that happening.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Hey Sterologist,

I know you said the thing about the spin of the water was false, I was going to mention earlier, that in fact it is true but is said that sink is to small to see this effect. You would need a much larger body of water and need to watch it for days undisturbed to see this effect.

It is seen very easily in cyclones, as they are big and spin clockwise or counter-clockwise, dependent upon which side of the equator the cyclone is on, was also stated that you will never see a cyclone at the equator.

Now our solar system is not a little flush of toilette water, nor is it a cyclone, but it is a big spinnie thing.

edit on 25-11-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
UNFORTUNATELY THE CONFIG OF THE PLANETS DOES NOT SUGGEST ANY X DAY DARKNESS

Because it would not harm anyone 3 days darkness, wouldn't it be nice to have? but even that cannot happen based on how the planets will be ordered..

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

Well stated. The difference between the big things and the little things is that there are multiple issues that affect things. Issues affect things at different scales making different issues more important for object of different scales.

When I crossed the equator in Kenya ages ago there were these guys who would run back and forth with you with a basin of water to show how the direction of spin changed as you crossed the equator. What they did was to put their finger in the water basin and swirl the water rather surreptitiously. It was a good act to watch. The gents doing the show were very good and I only caught the quick finger swirl once even though I was looking for it.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If there is NOTHING happening until 20 Dec, we should assume the worst case scenario, and that is the possibility of the 3 days of darkness to be Thursday 20, Friday 21 and Saturday 22 Dec. I don't know may be it is already quoted, can't read everything. You can check Marie-Julie Jahenny (19th Century), Blessed Anna Maria Taigi and St Padre Pio, all of them write about the 3 days of darkness as final punishment. NO YEAR IS MENTIONED THOUGH.

What troubles me, is there aren't precursors except for the economic crisis. The 3 days of darkness are assumed to be the final chastisement before the era of peace, or the renewed earth. Anyway, we should be ready for the worst case scenario to fall upon us unexpectedly. Actually, God permitted a Japanese Buddhist princess to tell it to the entire world in words that all, not only the devote catholics, but all, would understand.

I'd prefer if we have a rapture beforehand. Or if nothing of the above happens.

Technically, 3 days of darkness could happen in several ways. One of them, and please do not ridicule me, direct your doubts to Steven Hawking. In his latest part of Into the Universe, Hawking assumes the hypothetical option of a superadvanced extraterrestrial civilization to utilize all the energy of its star and to make a gigantic wormhole to the earth. Unfortunately, according to Hawking, their intentions would be rather evil. After exhausting their own resources, they will use that kind of mass transport for invasion purposes.

Such a big wormhole would permit even a small planet to come (probably their base station), and to eclipse the sun for the 3 days. I cannot help but wonder why the Mayan legends would speak of a tunnel from the Milky Way central sun to Earth by which their snake-god would come on Dec 21, 2012? And would it be permitted by God to happen, or what kind of scenario would be permitted? After all, since the Mayan calendar was given to the Earth (by those ET) some 12,000 years ago long before any earth civilization, many other important events occurred on earth: the Flood, the 10 commandments, the Incarnation of the Son of God. May be those events would avert or change any older plan of any evil ET towards the Earth? I just wonder along the way with you. Again, pls do not direct your doubts or other negativity at myself, rather search the source and answer by yourself.

I will be unable to follow this thread, sorry.Have enough work to prepare for each possibility, including a better one - rapture.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

Yes, I believe you are right. If anything were to happen it would be in the next week.

After that then the prophecy is an unknown time.

I don't remember reading anything in the prophecies about the 3 Days of Darkness happening in 2012. That was my own personal connection. There is nothing in the prophecies that gives a clue as to the time or date, that I know of.

Sending only positive healing energies your way

Regardless of what happens in the next couple of weeks as we live out the final days of December 2012, I can say I am throughly excited to be here during this time, as I have great hope and only feel positive things happening in our future.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
No darkness as was predicted.

Looks like all of the darkness claimers were wrong. The same people have problem been wrong about dozens of other things or maybe even hundreds of other things.

Will anyone heed their future comments? Sad, but some probably will despite their record of being wrong all of the time.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Stereo - No where in the prophecies did it give a specific date or time.

Just because it hasn't happened "yet", doesn't mean they won't happen.... and like many prophecies doesn't mean they will happen.

The thread is about giving people the knowledge to know of these prophecies and where they came from.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

So, it's a prediction that has no expiration date. That's convenient.

You're saying that no matter what, that prediction is still valid because nobody ever said when that was going to happen.

I'm going to predict that it will rain swiss cheese all over the entire planet for three days. My prediction is valid, because if it doesn't happen tomorrow, it might happen the next day, or maybe the next...or maybe in a year, or maybe in 10 years. Even if my prediction does happen anytime in the next 10,000 years, it could still happen in 10,001 years. Therefore, my prediction is valid.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Just because it hasn't happened "yet", doesn't mean they won't happen.... and like many prophecies doesn't mean they will happen.

The thread is about giving people the knowledge to know of these prophecies and where they came from.

That is a really sad excuse for a complete failure. If this has no specific date as now claimed then what is this doing in the 2012 forum?

This claim of 3 days of darkness is so idiotic that it should never have been posted in the first place,

It is just another part of the piling on of stupidity into the hoax of 2012. The hoax of 2012 was just a collection of inane claims.

After many, many whopping failures all we have now are whiny excuses. There have been whiny excuses for every massive 2012 failure.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

That is a really sad excuse for a complete failure. If this has no specific date as now claimed then what is this doing in the 2012 forum?

This claim of 3 days of darkness is so idiotic that it should never have been posted in the first place,

It is just another part of the piling on of stupidity into the hoax of 2012. The hoax of 2012 was just a collection of inane claims.

After many, many whopping failures all we have now are whiny excuses. There have been whiny excuses for every massive 2012 failure.

I started this thread because I was fascinated by how many cultures the 3 days of darkness showed up as prophecy and wanted to share it with ATS members.

Many were wondering what could be possible 2012 events, and it was I who made the possible connection to 2012.

This is certainly not a hoax, as they are in fact prophecy. Prophecy that did not happen in 2012.

But yes, perhaps a better forum for this thread would be the Prophecy forum.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Science doesn't know everything....Outline the Scientific mechanism in which the solar system would be geocentric and maybe we would get somewhere...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Science doesn't know everything....

That doesn't mean we should fill the gaps with BS.

Outline the Scientific mechanism in which the solar system would be geocentric and maybe we would get somewhere...

A non sequitur but Occam's Razor to the rescue.
edit on 7-1-2013 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

How convenient!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

sorry - but as per the thread title - : " 3 Days of Darkness in 2012"

that is date specifc and as its now 7th JANURARY 2013 , the ` prophecy has failed `

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

you want me to do what ???????????????

gocentricism is a fantasy

heliocentricis explains every observation

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Yeah, of course it is a fantasy. But, Science endorsed it at one point in time.....I never filled in the blanks with BS. I'm simply stating you can't say "Outline a scientific mechanism for ...." and Science doesn't know everything.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

A geocentric world was used before the development of what we today understand as the scientific method. That idea was known to be troublesome. A heliocentric model had been proposed thousands of years ago. It explained away the known problems with the geocentric model, but was not adopted because science was not what it is today.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

And do you think science will be what it is today; a thousand years from now? No...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Exactly. And people should not equate what we do with what happens a thousand years in the future.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join