It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man kills 2 in Ga. hospital shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
BANG

FORT OGLETHORPE, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a gunman opened fire in the intensive care unit of a northwest Georgia hospital, killing his wife and mother-in-law before turning himself in to police.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead says the shooting happened around 6 p.m. Friday at Hutcheson Medical Center in Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., which is located near the Tennessee line.

Bankhead says the women were visiting a family member when the shooting happened. The motive for the shooting was not immediately known. Bankhead didn't know the suspect's name or if any charges had been filed.

Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., is about 10 miles from Chattanooga, Tenn.

i mean....if i were to get shot...i couldn't think of a better place to get shot than inside the intensive care unit. it would be like getting married in a court room...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Yeah, this is apart of the Chattanooga Metropolitan area where I live. Actually I live about 15 minutes away from the hospital. Last year was a very violent year for Chattanooga. We are right up there with Memphis now. I believe I read somewhere we are averaging a shooting every 3-4 days. We've got a bad gang problem here as well, so much that the mayor just appointed 2 "Gang Czars" to the PD. Nowhere is safe in this city anymore.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
thats very od... reminds me of the TV series ER for some reason
ty for sharing.

new topics

join