It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventions by Nikola Tesla You Might Not Know Of.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ah teslas famous earthquake machine......yes ive heard about it, a beat cop stpped him when he told him he was shaking the pee out of brooklyn i think (i read this as a kid but that was long ago......)
My father told me stories of Tesla as i sat upon his knee as a boy.....He admired the man greatly.....
I have been aware of the mans work, and his story since........
Now,,, dont you wonder what other inventions are stolen and secreted away in remote dusty files to await the waning of the oil and other substances on which we base out tech?
I know of a Canadian whi also invented a machine (tho not a mechanical one) that could produce more power than was input into it.....
The mans name was Wilbert Smith and he was an electircla engineer for the DOT (dept of transport) in charge of all radio in the country....
This is the way in which some UFOs [propell themselves within our atmosphere so successfully and effortlessly....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I like Tesla and the mystery around him .Alexander Graham Bell (March 3, 1847 –August 2, 1922) was an eminent scientist, inventor, engineer and innovator who is credited with inventing the first practical telephone. I visited the Bell Museum in Bedeck a half dozen times and he is a interesting chap ..His work on flight may have lent to the Wright boys getting off the ground ,or at least his friend Curtis ..en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

However, Edison had a huge vested interest in DC, so, being a lying scum piece of trash, Edison (actually, his employees under his direction) invented the AC-powered electric chair to convince the uneducated that AC was dangerous and should be shunned.

The worst part is that he convinced everyone and now we use DC for everything in our homes and offices and we will be stuck with it for eternity, never getting to see what AC is really like!

*Plugs in toaster*

ooooooh. waaaaait.....

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by Starbreaker

There's a great movie, I think it's called The Illusionist in which this magician hires Tesla to create a teleportation device for him so that he disappears from one location and reappears elsewhere.

That's The Prestige. One of my favorite films. The Illusionist was the other magician story that was released in the same year.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

His idea is to tap the aether for energy (ie zero point energy), not the Earth's magnetic field. If you wish to denigrate him at least get his ideas correct in the first place.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Thanks for the info. My reply was really just a joke.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
tesla was clearly a very great man, held back by the government

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

Thanks for posting this thread, dezertdog
I'm a HUGE fan of Mr. Tesla-- have been for years. More people need to know about his works and just what an amazing genius he was. He didn't deserve what happened to him, at all.

Oh and The Prestige? Awesome movie ^_^ (David Bowie was perfect as Tesla.. my daughter and I love David Bowie..
)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starbreaker

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by Starbreaker

There's a great movie, I think it's called The Illusionist in which this magician hires Tesla to create a teleportation device for him so that he disappears from one location and reappears elsewhere.

That's The Prestige. One of my favorite films. The Illusionist was the other magician story that was released in the same year.

Starbreaker, I haven't had the opportunity to log on in a few weeks but I wanted to thank you for correcting my mistake. You are most definitely correct - it was The Prestige to which I was referring and I don't ever remember where I came up with the Illusionist as I don't believe I ever saw it.

In any event, thanks for the correction!

Cheers!
TG

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by dezertdog
The 10 Inventions of Nikola Tesla That Changed The World

1. Alternating Current
Tesla didnt invent alternating current. In fact, it was invented before he was even born.

The earliest recorded practical application of alternating current is by Guillaume Duchenne, inventor and developer of electrotherapy. In 1855, he announced that AC was superior to direct current for electrotherapeutic triggering of muscle contractions.

2. Light -- Of course he didn't invent light itself...

3. X-rays
Tesla didnt invent xrays. He did early research, but they were known before.

4. Radio
Tesla didnt invent radio.
Yes, there is a famous battle over patents, but this is nothing to do with the "invention" of radio, which should be credited to the researchers who came before both Edison and Tesla.

Much of the rest of the article is the same.
Tesla was a brilliant genius, so there is no need to lie to people in order to teach them about his contributions to scence.

Number 6 is an astroundingly outragious lie.
Tesla invented the electric motor? In 1930? oh puhleeese...

edit on 6-1-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Shh... conspiracy theorist don't like it when you don't agree with them.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Glad to see when people start to find out about Tesla. He was the greatest genius of all time, dwarfing Einstein, Oppenheimer, even Newton. Because he actually MADE stuff, not just some equations.

And yes, he DID invent all those things. He didn't invent AC power, just the AC motor and the AC generator. Kind of important, those. Radio, remote control, flourescent light, HUNDREDS more. That article is just the tip of the iceberg.

And he refused to knuckle under to the money men, that's for sure. So he died broke, and they confiscated all his notes and equipment, and buried him in the history books. That's why people are so amazed when they start finding out about him. They never even MENTIONED him in any of the schoolbooks. Yet he invented basically everything that we take for granted in the modern world. I would not be posting this right now if it were not for him, nor would you be reading it.

He always said that all his ideas came to him in a flash. It was like he was receiving messages from somewhere else.

The Tesla story is the thing that first got me started down the rabbit hole, years ago. Once you see how he was suppressed and screwed over in the name of profit, and loads of things that could better our lives were hidden so that the money men could screw you more, you start to see how that is the way everything works. Total corruption, on every level of everything, so deeply entwined you don't even notice it. If it wasn't for that we would have free energy and spaceflight by now.

Only an ARM chair scientist like yourself would say that Tesla Dwarfs Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein?
Are you serious?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

edit on 28/3/2017 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
A complete load of bollocks.

I stopped reading at number one.

AC Current was around for more than 20 years BEFORE Tesla was even born.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
i saw a episode of mythbusters were they made a replica of teslas earthquake machine and they tried it out on a bridge that was do to be demolished they were shocked when they started noticing the bridge was rocking after a minute.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join