It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Sneaks Into Russian Military Rocket Factory, Takes Amazing Photos

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Check out this picture from her blog . What is this and why has the date 18/5/12 been stuck on it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I would expect that's the date its next technical test is due. Where I live (in a former Soviet Bloc country) we have a similar system in place. Even the fire extinguishers in public buildings have stickers on them to show when they are next due to be tested.

Mike

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I find it highly suspicious that she was able to just "sneak" in. Maybe there is a reason the Russians wanted these photos out there? Conspiracy mind working overtime.

These facilities are highly guarded and she would most likely be shot on sight. Maybe. But...in she goes. hmmmm.

A great point.

Unless there are severe budget cuts, I highly doubt that there was no security at all in a facility like this. And if I were her, there is no way I would upload them to the net with my face on them.

The Russian Government would do more than "harass" her if they didn't want her to do this. Surely she would be treated the same way as a spy, which is what she actually is.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Yeah, like a few people have said, that place does look quite operational, but I still have my suspicions. A place like that you'd think people would be working there 24 hours a day. I paint roller coasters for a living, in a crap facility, and even there, has people 24/7, even on holidays.

But what I'm more curious about, is where she got these pictures from?

Did she take those? I did a little quick search, but didn't see these anywhere else. Maybe someone who knows all the google searching tricks can find out? I'm very curious about those.

For those who haven't looked at her blog, I highly recommend taking a look. She took a good bit of photos. Very interesting.

edit on 1/7/2012 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I also find the whole thing a bit suspect. I mean, if the Russian authorities were really that concerned about these images, surely they could shut down her blog? They are certainly capable of doing such a thing and if it were a matter of national security then I think they would have done so by now. True, many of these images have now spread far and wide, but that wouldn't stop them closing down the source.

Makes me feel there are wheels within wheels here. The Russian "Powers That Be" can be rather hard to fathom. It reminds me of something a Czech friend said to me back in October 1993, when the Russians were using their own tanks to shell their parliament building to "resolve" a political standoff: "Nobody knows what the Russians will do next, because not even the Russians know what the Russians will do next!"

Mike

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by digitalbluco

It's such a hodge-podge of new and old. Some parts appear rusted and completely antiquated, while other things look shiny and new. Like Russia itself I guess.

She certainly doesn't appear to have a fear of heights.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Yeah I want to tell the government who I am and what I'm doing. Russian government isn't "harasing" her. She's probably dead now. Dumb $hit

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by digitalbluco

I found a match for the second of your smaller pics (the rocket engine one) on tin eye here.

The link given is no longer active, but the pic title tells us a little. It reads "tv-rip.nnm.ru/dvigatel_vremen_holodnoj_vojny/page-2"

My wife, who speaks Russian (and a few other languages), tells me this translates to "lifting [raising up up] quickly Cold War", or in simpler language, "the Cold War rises fast [intensifies]".

This image, which is of much poorer quality than her other pics and apparently was taken from a video, is possibly from a TV documentary, and might have been posted on her blog as evidence of the types of rocket engines produced in that facility (at least, back in the Cold War era). Ditto the "control room" image.

Mike

edit on 7/1/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This looks quite abandoned to me and that 'brave' girl has even time to pose in front of the camera (pictures 1 and 8).
I don't know, if i sneak into a Rocket Factory, that usually is heavily guarded and secure, i wouldn't take time to pose in front of the camera. If anything, i would snatch some pictures and get the hell out.
So either, this is a completely staged act and a fabricated story (whatever the reason is behind it) or it's a abandoned factory, that hasn't been used in years. Which would make sense, sneaking in an abandoned factory would be a lot more harmless than going into one that is active and were propably secret weapons are created. So it makes that she only gets 'harassed' and not killed.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

So either, this is a completely staged act and a fabricated story (whatever the reason is behind it) or it's a abandoned factory, that hasn't been used in years. Which would make sense, sneaking in an abandoned factory would be a lot more harmless than going into one that is active and were propably secret weapons are created. So it makes that she only gets 'harassed' and not killed.

Oh, it's for real, all right:

Russia’s space agency Roscosmos has been given until January to rectify security at its plants or face the consequences, after a reported penetration of its rocket plant in northern Moscow.

A group of Russian bloggers claimed in a report posted on the Internet that they managed to get inside the Energomash plant in Moscow’s Khimki district, which manufactures liquid-propellant engines for civilian and military rockets.

They were able to wander about and take pictures for five days, and did not see any security officers.
Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said harsh measures would be taken to enforce security and punish the “sleepy cats” responsible for the plant’s security.

en.rian.ru...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
how does it look, killing a girl because she embarrassed you. in the u.s. she would be looking at terrorism charges and life in prison.

she actually did them a favour. maybe security will be tightened.

and what did she actually do. she walked into an business, looked around and took pictures.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

how does it look, killing a girl because she embarrassed you. in the u.s. she would be looking at terrorism charges and life in prison.

No, in the United States the chain link fence would be in good repair and she could get in by requesting a guided tour.
edit on 7-1-2012 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct formatting.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This may be an old plant, but it looks still, very active, minus the people.

The lights are new... if it had been that old, they would have been burnt out by now. There seems to be plenty source for light.

One of the pics that was taken looks like BRAND NEW equipment. No paint chips, everything is still clean and shiney as though everything is taken care of and kept up. I would suspect lots of rubble and stripping if it was no longer an active plant.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Wondering if this is the old space center that is in the middle of nowhere?, it seems a bit too tatty to be a working place. i saw where the russian shuttle was stored a few weeks ago in a thread on here and it looks like it may be the same place too me.

will check back later see if anyone has confirmed this site.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
maybe shes just into urban exploration..... also there probs was 2 if not more them as when you go urban exploring you normaly go in pairs or more. you wouldnt go into a place like that on your own

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Check out this picture from her blog . What is this and why has the date 18/5/12 been stuck on it.

Maybe its the date they need to check it again?
Who knows

Like our machinery on our factory we just got little stickers, on when we need to check things up.
Some things needs to be checked weekly, other things needs to be checked every 2 year.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The territory of NGOs is very impressive in different aspects. First, on her at night there is no soul. That's all anybody. And traces of human snow almost none. But there is a dog. Judging by the tracks and their size, they have a lot of dogs, and they are large - but we've only become acquainted with a couple who hid in a shed light from the lantern. Well, what is there to hide in the first trip I was scared. The thrill of fulfillment of long cherished dream - to see this NGO - side by side with all sorts of security concerns, secrecy, and more. Feelings unforgettable. For the sake of sensation makes life worth living.

just use google translate on her blog it will answer a lot of questions

Originally posted by another_lurker
They are great pictures, but to me it looks fake. 2nd to last picture is a picture OF HER, oh, and by the way, HER CAMERA IS AROUND HER NECK???

Anyone else find that a bit suspect here?

Was someone with her? Did they take all the photos, or was this whole thing a setup?

Just askin questions that came to my mind as I looked at them.

A_L

thats a security camera
edit on 7-1-2012 by diputserauoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst

Who knows

Like our machinery on our factory we just got little stickers, on when we need to check things up.
Some things needs to be checked weekly, other things needs to be checked every 2 year.

Actually its the date that the maintenance guys checked it. You see it all the time on this type of equipment in Hydro plants.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa

Originally posted by ypperst

Who knows

Actually its the date that the maintenance guys checked it. You see it all the time on this type of equipment in Hydro plants.
how can it be the date they checked it ?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Edited: Seems I was mistaken...there is a better explanation on the next page!

I left the picture though...only to show the H2O ppm reference!

edit on 7-1-2012 by jerryznv because: ...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join