It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Sneaks Into Russian Military Rocket Factory, Takes Amazing Photos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Her name is Lana Sator and she snuck into one of NPO Energomash factories outside of Moscow. Her photos are amazing, like sets straight out of Star Wars or Alien. Now the Russian government is harassing her.

It was easy to get in. She just went there, jumped over the fence and got right into the heart of the complex through a series of tunnels and pipes, which was very surprising. After all, this is an active industrial installation that belongs to one of the top manufacturers of liquid-fuel rockets in the world. Their engines power the modern Soyuz, the Zenit 3SL, and the Angara and Baikal launch vehicles. Heck, their RD-180 engine powers the first stage of the Atlas V, an American rocket. More importantly, they have specially strong ties to the Russian military.

And yet, she found nobody. No guards, no security. Nothing. Just a few CCTV cameras here and there in rooms packed with huge machinery.

gizmodo.com...

It's not often we get a glimpse into the inner-workings of a military rocket facility in the US, much less in a slightly more repressed society like Russia. This girl is extremely brave, and has taken some extremely captivating pictures. But, beware, Russia isn't happy about this little incident!
edit on 6-1-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Wow amazing picture quality to top it off

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This girl is smart, resourceful, and very bold. She has the makings of a great journalist. Does she have a blog?
Just, wow!

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Is it just me, or do the photos look like an abandoned powerstation?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Humans are quite amazing, aren't they.

Look at those structures for a second, and marvel at their beauty.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Pics are great but...

I find it highly suspicious that she was able to just "sneak" in. Maybe there is a reason the Russians wanted these photos out there? Conspiracy mind working overtime.

These facilities are highly guarded and she would most likely be shot on sight. Maybe. But...in she goes. hmmmm.

Maybe she works there? A relative of a worker? How did she find the sequence of tunnels for entry and wouldn't these tunnels be guarded at least by motion sensors and cameras? And who was on duty at the watch desk monitors?

And why is everything so rusted? This would be shiny and new if it was an active facility.

I don't know for sure but I think there is another story behind the story.

Peace

edit on 6-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Wow, those are rather amazing photographs!

Some of those pictures really make me wonder what the hell the rooms/machinery depicted are used for.
Especially this one:

I suppose I know absolutely nothing about the manufacturing process of rockets. But that sure is one mysterious looking complex!

I am a bit surprised that not only was it that easy to get in, but that the building is in such a bad condition.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
A "very old" rocket factory. This is old technology, that's why it's not guarded. Do you really think you could just walk into a state of the art top secret russian facility? No, you couldn't. Nice pictures of old technology.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
actually ill delete that daily mail tell lies some times.you could of made money if you had photos of whole machinery detailing everything,china like to buy stuff like that. its how they have half of america tech

edit on 6-1-2012 by TBR47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
That is awsome. The picks are really good. she must have an HTC EVO. She has some guts to pull a stunt like that. Wonder if anyone has pulled anything like that hear and are just afraid to publish them and be labeled a terrorists.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
They are great pictures, but to me it looks fake. 2nd to last picture is a picture OF HER, oh, and by the way, HER CAMERA IS AROUND HER NECK???

Anyone else find that a bit suspect here?

Was someone with her? Did they take all the photos, or was this whole thing a setup?

Just askin questions that came to my mind as I looked at them.

A_L

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hell any ``bright`` terrorist (chechen rebel for example) could have entered there, but a few bunch of C4 in good places and blow up the whole factory to hell.

Russia fails on that one...

Anyway, good work and she got real guts! Give her an award or something!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by another_lurker
They are great pictures, but to me it looks fake. 2nd to last picture is a picture OF HER, oh, and by the way, HER CAMERA IS AROUND HER NECK???

Anyone else find that a bit suspect here?

Was someone with her? Did they take all the photos, or was this whole thing a setup?

Just askin questions that came to my mind as I looked at them.

A_L

You've heard of a tripod and self timer, right?
Many photographs bring two cameras when they go out in the field. One large one (SLRs for example) to be used in combination with other objectives and lenses, and one smaller one.

Do you honestly think that if this was done by the government, they'd be that stupid?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I wonder if she is radiated now? Also I wish there was a scale for the bottom picture with the tube looking things, they remind me of rocket boosters for a very large craft.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Whipfather

Do you honestly think that if this was done by the government, they'd be that stupid?

Time and time again we are treated to instances of just how stupid the Government thinks we are. This makes them arrogant, lazy and yes, stupid.

So in answer to this question, yes the Government has been known to be incredibly stupid. But then we catch 'em!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Many parts of the plant look really old & decrepit.

I am not sure that this is a rocket plant, though.

Some bits look like fuel tanks and rocket parts (first & last photos) but others don't.

Also, I don't think she was in it alone. The first photo (yes it could have been done with a tripod & timer) looks like it would have needed lights & diffusers too.

Perhaps the last photo is slurry tube sections?

Or perhaps the factory made liquid fuel components? (all the high pressure plumbing & storage type tanks).

edit on 6/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
She's brave for going in no doubt, even if the tech is old tech, they still will not be happy about this one bit at all, like any country.

However, this bravery has been tainted with stupidity, why would you pose yourself in these pictures? Why would you put it on a blog that has loads of information about yourself and where you could be found?

Its kinda like the looters who posted their loot on twitter, you're asking to get caught.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
working for the US or x government, perhaps undercover?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Nice pics, and boy is she a cutey!!
They are gonna looooourve her in gulag!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by Whipfather

Time and time again we are treated to instances of just how stupid the Government thinks we are. This makes them arrogant, lazy and yes, stupid.

So in answer to this question, yes the Government has been known to be incredibly stupid. But then we catch 'em!

I suppose you got me there.

Especially nowadays I often wonder if everyone in charge completely lacks any sort of common sense.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join