It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul campaign: Anti-Huntsman "Manchurian Candidate" video "disgusting"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
seems like a bit of a set-up for someone to claim they were a paul supporter and put this on youtube.
although there is no doubt paul attrackts some nutjobs.
what do you guys and gals think?

Ron Paul's campaign is calling on the person who put up a video deeming Jon Huntsman a "Manchurian candidate" to take the spot down, calling it "disgusting."
The video, posted to YouTube by someone identifying him- or herself as a Paul supporter (the username is "NHLiberty4Paul"), is at left. It shows Huntsman, the former U.S. ambassador to China, talking to his adopted daughter in Mandarin, deems him "The Manchurian Candidate" and asks "what's he hiding?" Over generic Chinese-themed music, it asks if "China Job's daughters" are "even adopted" and caricatures him as former Chinese leader Mao Zedong. The video ends with a call to vote for Paul.

"The video is disgusting," Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton told Hotsheet, adding that whoever "put that up should remove it immediately."

Paul's New Hampshire communications director Kate Schackai told RealClearPolitics and CBS News' Scott Conroy the Paul campaign had nothing to do with the spot.

Huntsman criticized the spot when asked about it Friday in New Hampshire.

link

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

A video on youtube? Now people have to answer to random videos on youtube? haha. Grasping at straws at this point.. after the failure of the 'racist newsletters' attack. Videos on Youtube.. unreal.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Ron Paul attracts nutjobs? What about Romney & Obama? The video is obviously an opponent trying to give Dr. Paul a bad name.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AnswerSeeker2012

would you consider this man sane?

A prominent supporter of Republican presidential aspirant Ron Paul has advocated for the capital punishment of homosexuals.
The Reverend Phillip Kayser, pastor of Dominion Covenant Church in Omaha, Nebraska, who recently announced his support for the Texas congressman, wrote a paper a few years ago which claimed the Bible allowed for the murder of gay people, according to Talking Points Memo (TPM).

of course all candidates do, but they are not going to attrack the media attention that paul supporters do.

and in your next comment you make it seem like it's a definate set-up.
i'm just not entirely convinced, i like to see more proof before convicting someone.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

What do I think?

Paul has always been a Bigot magnet. The newsletters, whether or not he played a part in them, attract people of that nature.

That he attracts them hurts him I think. Since I don't know which of his statements explaining those letters is true, I have little opinion on that and assume he is innocent.

What is starting to bother me about him is the fact he's only passed one meaningless Bill in all his career. To me that makes his leadership abilities suspect as well as putting into question the rationality of the huge number of Bills he submitted that could not even find one cosponsor.

I've become numb and neutral in regards to him with one exception; I worry he will go Third Party and hand Obama the White House.

One thing for sure, if you have done your homework on him, he is a Capitalist for sure. One of his publications which included many of the questionable comments earned him as much as a million a year. He also appears to pocket huge sums of money left over after his many failed campaigns. Makes me think he is running just for the money.
edit on 1/6/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Please change the title of this. The Paul campaign DID NOT create this. This is a scam. The first referrer to the video was the Jon Huntsman campaign the same day it was uploaded. The same day the youtube account was created and the same video exists under accounts promoting santorum and romney. This is the lowest of the low and was eaten up by an incompetent media. It made its way to the news cycle. Damage done to Paul. Please don't be part of the deceit.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

the title is the title to the article i linked to.
sorry, but i will not change it.
it also does not say anything about paul sponcering or anything, it says that the paul campaign said the video was disgusting.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

It can be read differently. Do some research, people have dissected the timeline on this and the people involved. This didn't come from a Ron Paul supporter. The media made a point today before this came out to start targetting Ron Paul supporters on CNN and MSNBC. The blantant deceit and coordination behind this is what is disgusting.
edit on 1/6/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

what in these words could be read differently? i just don't get your point.

Paul campaign: Anti-Huntsman "Manchurian Candidate" video "disgusting",

as far as the rest, you're more than welcome to link to any proof that may be available.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Hi Blaine. I'll agree with the harm from the newsletter issues.

As far as his legislative prowess, Paul has often admitted that he's not a very good Congressman
BUT, I think the lack of support for at least a good number of his bills speaks more on Congress itself, and likely to some sort of pressure AGAINST supporting Paul's proposals. Can I substantiate that? No - but a good many of the bills seem simple common sense and wise moves to me, and Paul has been actively calling out the wrong these people do for a long time - I truly believe someone just wishes he would shut up and go away and applies pressure to work toward this end in the House (but they just couldn't beat him in the elections to keep him from coming back).

I've become numb and neutral in regards to him with one exception; I worry he will go Third Party and hand Obama the White House.

While I've got no more love for Obama than I had for Bush, I'm not convinced any of the other folks with anything looking like a real shot at this point would be any better. Sad but true - the more likely ones have downright terrifying ideas IMHO (LOOKING AT YOU, SANTORUM) or have otherwise never held a position they weren't willing to change when expedient.

One thing for sure, if you have done your homework on him, he is a Capitalist for sure. One of his publications which included many of the questionable comments earned him as much as a million a year. He also appears to pocket huge sums of money left over after his many failed campaigns. Makes me think he is running just for the money.

As far as the publications, there were at least 240 monthly issues, and I believe at last count only 20 or so with any questionable content. As to his campaign funds, after the '08 race he directed what he had left into setting up the Campaign for Liberty; the leftover funds in his congressional election account were rolled over to this run, and he returns the unused portion of his Congressional budget to treasury every year - so I can't really square this one for you.

Take care.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Sorry guy I'm not your research ninja. You thought it worth starting a thread. Finish it with the facts.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

One thing for sure, if you have done your homework on him, he is a Capitalist for sure.

get real, just because you dont like doesnt mean you can make up lies.

maybe you should do Your homework

link   
reply to post by ararisq

no problem, generally speaking when somebody claims something and backs it up with nothing but their own words, it's not that i don't believe you, it's that you could have backed yourself up in one reply.
instead we're going back and forth and nothing is gained.
i will look into it further when i get a chance though.
i just found this interesting and posted it.

link   
what is this BS?
spam?

thread title sucks

link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Have you read the newsletters yourself? They exist and they are horrible in some cases. You have to either accept one of his responses over the years about them or not.

What I'm curious about is if the exact same newsletters were sold by one of the other candidates running against Paul and they gave differing answers over the years, exactly as Paul did (on the record) would you discount them as easily as you do and defend them in the same manner. You do know they were part of a for profit enterprise?

People have honest reason to ask those questions, do they not? That is not dishonest at all.

We all know this video has nothing to do with Paul. That's why nobody posted this hours ago.

The number one and two questions that are important are:
Can Ron Paul defeat Obama?
If he is elected to the White House, can he get Congress to go along with his idea's?

He will not be a Dictator, so his record on those issues is far more important than those letters.

We also know he attracts some really bad people, some of whom have publicly stated they will do bad things if he looses. That drives many away from him.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
1. The title of this thread is FINE. Just READ, and everything will be fine.

"Paul campaign: Anti-Huntsman "Manchurian Candidate" video "disgusting""

The Paul campaign says the Anti-Huntsman ad is disgusting.

2. I agree with Paul. This ad is disgusting. Ron Paul attracts many racist followers. I've seen their words here and elsewhere. It's one of the reasons I'm so concerned about him. How many of his supporters are racist like this YouTube supporter?

3. This is exactly the same thing they did to Obama. They took something about him (his heritage) and made up rumors about it. The rumors are still going strong today. (He's un-American! He's a Muslim! He's Kenyan!) It's stupid, low class, ignorant and racist and I can't say enough bad about it. This is always going to happen among bottom-feeders.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
1. The title of this thread is FINE. Just READ, and everything will be fine.

"Paul campaign: Anti-Huntsman "Manchurian Candidate" video "disgusting""

The Paul campaign says the Anti-Huntsman ad is disgusting.

2. I agree with Paul. This ad is disgusting. Ron Paul attracts many racist followers. I've seen their words here and elsewhere. It's one of the reasons I'm so concerned about him. How many of his supporters are racist like this YouTube supporter?

3. This is exactly the same thing they did to Obama. They took something about him (his heritage) and made up rumors about it. The rumors are still going strong today. (He's un-American! He's a Muslim! He's Kenyan!) It's stupid, low class, ignorant and racist and I can't say enough bad about it. This is always going to happen among bottom-feeders.

I agree B.H.

You got to admit its pretty creative..

They just showed it again on fox news
so it is getting more and more air time.

Lets just hope it goes away quick for
every ones sake.

It is obviously a cheaply, crudely made video..

I'm sure it was just some crazy paul supporter who thought
this was funny as sh**..
edit on 7-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I know you get excited anytime you can put down Ron Paul supporters, but as already mentioned, this video did not come from a Paul supporter. It came from people at the Huntsman official website. There is a thread that showed the video was originally posted on the Huntsman campaign website and was even complete with the forum discussion were the huntsman supporters were talking about how they put it out there a made it look like it was from Ron Paul.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Link to discussion.
edit on 7-1-2012 by PplVSNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

Originally posted by PplVSNWO
I know you get excited anytime you can put down Ron Paul supporters...

You don't know that, in fact. I'm not putting them down, I'm stating a fact.

I know some people think I'm messing with Paul and supporters, but the fact is, I don't worship him and see him as the savior of the world and I'm not jumping on the Ron Paul mothership... so naturally, you think I'm totally opposed to him and everyone who supports him... You think I'm just here to "troll" or put you down or give you a hard time or some such victim stance... Truth is, I'm neither excited nor am I putting anyone down. The truth lies in between.

I do ask a lot of questions and give my opinions about Ron Paul, his positions and some of his supporters, too, but my purpose is not to put down people who support him (unless, of course, they are ACTUAL racists).

I asked my dog food guy about Ron Paul, too. Told him I'm trying to decide whether or not to vote for Paul... I've had discussions with several people I respect about it... You see, I agree STRONGLY with Paul on some issues, but others... not at all. I don't know if I can bring myself to vote for a guy who strongly represents policies that I'm totally against. I'm weighing it out. I hope that's OK with you.

I'm noting the good and questioning and disagreeing with the bad... If you feel like that's "putting Paul supporters down", I'd like to suggest that you grow a bit thicker skin and don't take it so personally. I am not suggesting that Paul's supporters are racist. I've supported him in the past and he's an option for this election, though my support for him is waning.

but as already mentioned, this video did not come from a Paul supporter.

Well, that's possible. But my point still stands. Paul does attract some unsavory characters (present company excluded, I'm sure). I don't think he wrote the newsletters himself, but the people who were reading that crap and loving it are big admirers of Dr. Paul. The founder of Stormfront endorses Paul. Does that make Paul racist? NO. But the truth is he does attract these people with some of his policies. And that's all I'm saying.

You can take that personally and feel offended or whatever.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Told him I'm trying to decide whether or not to vote for Paul... I've had discussions with several people I respect about it... You see, I agree STRONGLY with Paul on some issues, but others... not at all. I don't know if I can bring myself to vote for a guy who strongly represents policies that I'm totally against. I'm weighing it out. I hope that's OK with you.

Don't vote for the man. To me he looks to be a false prophet.

Yes, I'm telling you what to do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join