It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "truth" about alien intentions [an opinion]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
****ATTENTION****

The topic of this thread is: The "truth" about alien intentions [an opinion] . Discuss that topic and that topic only. Otherwise your post will be removed.

Title corrected to better reflect the opening post. So no more comments on that.

Thank you. Carry on....
edit on January 6th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
My apologies , I am not trying to de-rail the thread .

Until these aliens show themselves on a clear cut regular basis for all to see and interact with for good or bad .

What's that old saying " Truth is in the eye of the beholder " or something to that ?

For all those concerned , from what I saw . I would love nothing better than to have interacted . It didn't happen so , asking why for me was not relevant to continue to ponder the ifs .
edit on 6-1-2012 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

i would not,, could not,, Go to Bars with YOU..SAM I AM..

nobody forgets about the Fight in a Bar.... except Sociopaths ..

and i dont need another Sociopath around me///

that said...

Aliens,, i would assume, have Self Awareness-- so they would put themselves in OUR place..

and FEEL our position.......

i do not believe you have thoroughly thought out your Claim....of ""intention"" ...
edit on 1/6/12 by darrman because: spellenglish

edit on 1/6/12 by darrman because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/6/12 by darrman because: yeahh I gave you the flag

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110
My apologies , I am not trying to de-rail the thread .

Until these aliens show themselves on a clear cut regular basis for all to see and interact with for good or bad .

What's that old saying " Truth is in the eye of the beholder " or something to that ?

For all those concerned , from what I saw . I would love nothing better than to have interacted . It didn't happen so , asking why for me was not relevant to continue to ponder the ifs .
edit on 6-1-2012 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

I would also love to interact with another species. I've seen and experienced things but nothing bad or good has come of it. It weird how something so amazing and phenomenal could have such a neutral effect..

What I was trying to do with the good and bad alien argument was postulate about WHY they would be good or bad. From almost an animal behavior view.

and for the crowd that believes aliens are benevolent, I tried to think of reasons for them not doing anything about our present situation.

All speculation aside though. I don't care if they come and help us. were in our own mess. but I would love to have even an iota of a friendship with a being from another world.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

i do not believe you have thoroughly thought out your Claim....of ""intention"" ...
edit on 1/6/12 by darrman because: spellenglish

edit on 1/6/12 by darrman because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/6/12 by darrman because: yeahh I gave you the flag

Does that come with a question? because i'm open to questions.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I can appreciate your desire for further knowledge .

I tried that with requesting info from TPTB and the science community . It was like beating a dead horse . Being taken serious or being seen as a joke for mentioning the ifs has gotten sad . When it has been written off as just critters to lessen the impact . I get tired of the white washing some have done , if they want all the glory of being the true discoverer , let em have it if it makes their claim to fame worth more cash in their pockets .

It is like getting kicked in the teeth when they suspect you of being fraud .

We had a relative that was an E8 in the Air Force and the file is still classified to this day . That has been over 30 years now . We have come to terms it is not worth trying to understand what and why regarding it from a family perspective .

Best advice , don't let it consume you .

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I am glad someone changed the thread title, but am still a little bit disappointed at what you have stated your case with

there are too many guesses in here to even make a case, why do they have to be a predator? or a carnivore or herbivore. What if they eat the unknown. or suiting my example, something that is not in existence on this earth or in this galaxy.

Do they eat>? and If they are aliens why does how they eat affect their actions?

Do they evolve or do they simply exist? For the sake of existing. ? Why do they have to die? is that also not a human trait? or animal trait? or vegetable or mineral? yet still of this planet.

Humans cannot get it right because there are way too many bad eggs, lazy people and people who are just dumb. We create any reason we can just to distance and categorize each other when in a truely enlightened society all of our problems would be taken care of, we would work to live, not live to work to eat to get more crap we dont need, and do all of this untill we are sick and depend more on medicine which makes us sicker so more people can have more # they dont need.

in my opinion, you are thinking like a human, and you need to open your mind a little and understand that nothing we ever know will be understood fully,

and to answer your question about whether or not someone or their friends would be willing to dedicate their entire life to protecting or helping another... speak with a mother. Your answer will be clear, providing your not talking to someone addicted to meth whos putting their children in the washing machine.
edit on 6-1-2012 by N3v3rmor3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog8110

haha I know what you mean. after me and my friends saw this one ufo when we were star gazing, we saw 2 red lights coming towards us very fast and very low. so we flashed the car headlights and it turned and flew directly over us.

It was a military jet. and it turned to see what we were when we flashed our lights. so obviously it was looking for something that produces light....

I contacted the military base near me (i live in Canada btw) and explained the incident and asked them what the jet was doing. they responded saying they would look into it. but I never got another reply.

and trust me, the first thing we saw was NOT a jet. jets don't stay still for 10 min flashing every colour of the rainbow and shoot down a green lazer.... at least in Canada they don't lol.

but yeah I've given up asking the government. Even scientists pull info out of thin air though. neil degrasse tyson, the cosmologist guy said something like "in 30 to 40 years our technology will be advanced enough for aliens to be interested and come talk to us" - im sorry WHAT? thats actually what got me initially thinking about this thread topic because it seemed so ridiculous to assume our technology would have any impact on the decision of contact by another civilization.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by N3v3rmor3

Well I wrote a thread, not a book. If i were to delve into everything you mentioned my thread would be astronomically long. of course those are valid points you have. all you have to do is change a few words in my points and it works out.

just change the meaning of carnivore to eating living things, and herbivore to eating non-living things. or whatever your fancy. the basic idea still works.

and to answer your question about whether or not someone or their friends would be willing to dedicate their entire life to protecting or helping another... speak with a mother. Your answer will be clear, providing your not talking to someone addicted to meth whos putting their children in the washing machine.

what I was saying is that you may, even a few people you know may be willing to. but would it be enough to make an impact. many on our would want to save the rain-forests but they are still being cut down.
edit on 6-1-2012 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

OK i will accept those things then, maybe i just have a lot of very good friends who i know would dedicate their lives to a common cause. I know that the government has been planning their takeover for centuries so, keep in mind, where there is a will there is a way!

as for the rain-forests, that's a profit industry, if they all had their heads out from inside their rectal cavities, and realized they are killing everything. they would be able to salve a LOT of our problems just by legalizing hemp based products, a renewable resource that can be replenished in ONE season not decades or centuries
like i said earlier, humans are dumb. lol

its all because of their disorganized and argumentative opinions and greed that we are nto the supreme beings you are speaking of...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So say they are not benevolent, not malevolent, but display your hypothesized apathy.

If their apathy means that in their eyes my life doesn't hold any special worth or sanctity to them, then I would say that's close enough to malevolence for me.

The apparent secrecy, for me, is enough to keep my street-sense on high alert. If they are as technologically advanced as we sometimes reckon, why would secrecy and stealth matter to them?

Space Brothers my butt.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Well...I KNOW E.T. to be a reality. As far as bad or good....I do not believe you can compare concepts of Human Morality with the thoughts of a super advanced and evolved entity.

To them...issues that we hold dear....are shades of invisible grey. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

hmm true, I guess I would refine my view to more of a non-intrusive apathy. I cant comment on the secrecy part though, since I don't know what kind of secrets are kept or for what purpose. somethings may be kept secret. or they may just want you to think that there are secrets. kind of like that south park episode about 9/11 conspiracies with George bush.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

even if you do know about e.t's. im sure you don't know about every e.t. race. there is, im sure super evolved beings as well as lesser evolved ones closer to our level. and weather or not our ideas of good and bad apply to them, how they act can still be perceived by us within 2 or 3 categories.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

In my opinion you have something backwards. Well actually if we remove man's dogmas of "religion" and look at true spitituality (not New age mumbo jumbo), I think that would be grounds for benevolence...

That said, I dont believe all the aliens visiting us are benevolent by any stretch of the imagination...

edit on 7-1-2012 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

you say you dont believe they are all benevolent. can you provide an example of something bad happening because of aliens? without saying abductions. because the reason for them and their credibility in general are both unknowns.

I cant, and I cant think of any examples of positive effects either. so since I cant find any positive or negative effects, I've concluded that the most common mental stance of aliens (thus far) is one of non-intrusive apathy. of course once something happens im sure we can make a different judgement pretty quickly

also what do I have backwards? I think you tried to explain it but i'm not sure what you mean.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join