It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "truth" about alien intentions [an opinion]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
There has been, for some time now, this argument of benevolence vs malevolence. good aliens vs bad aliens. Many wish them to be "space brothers" "saviors" or just friends. While many believe them to be "demons" "nephillim" (don't know if that's right spelling, don't care) or mindless drones working for the reptillians (...
....).

In this thread I will discuss both of these views, as well as my own.

Lets start with my view.

I believe, above all other theories, that aliens are amoral or apathetic towards us. This does not mean that they are bad, or good. But when you have the freedom to traverse the stars, making countless discoveries, seeing intense beauty, or just being free, calm, content... why would you kill your buzz by bothering with us?

Its like being at a bar with your friends, just having a good time, dancing, talking... when you see a big fight break out in a group you don't know. would you

a) rush over and try to break it up and make everyone friends?
b) rush over and try to beat everyone up to prove your might?
c) just stand with your friends and watch. maybe laugh, maybe feel sorry for the loser, anger towards the aggressor, but more or less just go on with your night and forget about it.

My answer would be D) don't go to bars haha but that's just me

Im sure the majority of you would pick C. the answer C is my view how most aliens would behave towards us.

Now lets talk about BAD aliens.

There are two ways (right now) I can conceive of an alien species being malevolent

1) If we go back and look at their evolutionary path. They have probably evolved as the apex predator on their planet, nothing surpasses their might or ferocity, but they surely lack in the emotional department.

They more than likely started off as strict carnivores, having to kill to eat through millions of years of evolution leaves its mark in the brain. But surely evolved into a more omnivorous creature later on, as food is more readily available if you can eat everything.

Having evolved as an apex predator, you would have little fear, and narrow emotions. This would be a great mixture for a malevolent alien species.

But could a super predator evolve the intelligence necessarily to travel the stars? anything is possible.

2) Propaganda. this is easy for us to understand. Just imagine that the Nazi's have ruled a species for the last 1000 years or so. Your society would be irreversibly messed up. If they lived for 100 years, and reproduced every 50 years. that would be to 20 generations of brainwashing and interbred loyalty.

This theory also works if you replace "propaganda" with "religion" (religion with a huge lack of morals I might add)

Now for GOOD aliens.

Its hard for me to pinpoint a reason for good aliens, benevolence is something special that can't really be attributed to one thing or another.

A good starting point though would be evolving as an herbivore on a planet with few or no predators.

Although I can't pinpoint the cause of benevolence, I can think of many reasons why a benevolent species would not "help us".

To help the human species... that's a huge task. lets say they live for 200 years... do you think that's enough time to change the way we act towards each-other and our planet? if so, they would be dedicating their entire lives to helping us. Lets say you are a good person, would you be willing to dedicate your entire life to trying to save a species and a planet?

If your answer is yes. then ask your friends. Are they willing to do the same?

See, the problem is within the views of many as a free thinking intelligent species. There are a lot of people on our planet trying to save the rain forest, feed the hungry, save the oceans, the air, whales, dolphins, wolves, trees, the list goes on forever. the list is also very long for people who are either too busy, don't know how to help, or don't care.

This, I'm sure, would happen to an alien species as well. Possibly there are many among the aliens that wish to help us, but cant convince enough of their kind to dedicate their entire lives to helping us when the possibility of failure is so high.

Or maybe they are benevolent but spread out, doing small things to help various planets and civilizations, just like we, when motivated, pick something were interested in or care for to try and help.

This, could possibly be seen in real life, if the military officials who spoke of ufo's deactivating nukes were telling the truth.... its the little things..

IN CLOSING.... no one knows with 100% certainty that there even are aliens, (I believe there are, but scientifically there is no proof) so speculation is all we have.

but don't blindly believe what people say about aliens being demons, nephilum, star brothers, galactic federation of light, or whatever as truth, they are welcome to speculate and interpret, but its not fact. Its fantasy.

plus religions, new ager's, and people looking to make a quick buck always absorb and distort popular ideas to fit their purpose. and it usually is one of two things. fear mongering, or blissful ideals.

Think for yourself. But don't think too hard. Because we don't know and it would be detrimental to first contact if we have preconceived ideas of who they are, what they are, and their intentions.

Even believing that we know what they look like would be detrimental to our own mental state and first contact if they land and you think "grey's" are going to walk out but its some kind of octopus man. Believing your about to see one thing and you see something completely different would explode your mind. so keep your mind open.

thanks for reading.

hope it makes sense.

edit on 6-1-2012 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

edit on January 6th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: corrected title to better reflect the post

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So this isn't really the "truth" about alien intentions, just your opinion of them.......

edit on 6-1-2012 by webpirate because: spelling

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Rule number one:
#1 Stop thinking like a Human

(carry on)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
"IN CLOSING.... no one knows with 100% certainty that there even are aliens, (I believe there are, but scientifically there is no proof) so speculation is all we have."

doesn't this invalidate your thread title?

Why don't we just wait and see how they are , instead of trying to psycho-anaylize them ?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There is a million threads to post this comment on and sorry of its kinda lack of relevance. I believe in aliens. I really do. But why with so much surveillance technology with almost ever house hold, (phone cameras, cameras in general) is there no clear cut proof.

I am sure I will be redirected to some sort of proof. But what I mean is clear cut general knowledge proof. When really it should seem rather easy to obtain. Somewhere....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Rule number one:

(carry on)

Rule number #2

You cannot think like an alien so go back to rule #1
edit on 6-1-2012 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Title of your thread: "The Truth About Alien Intentions"....what you have to say is interesting...however...really...it is...speculations and your particular opinions about aliens.

My opinion is that they do exist.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I titled it as such because the truth is no one knows. hypothesizing however is an open field.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

no, the truth it no one knows, and if you read the rest of my closing statement you would see that I agree, we should just wait for if or when they land. This doesn't mean we aren't allowed to try to analyse possibilities, just try not to write it in stone.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I'm a human, if I stop thinking like a human I will cease to think. I don't see the benefit.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Rule number one:

(carry on)

Rule number #2

You cannot think like an alien so go back to rule #1

You have a point but I don't necessarily mean you have to take on the characteristics of the other.
I mean, just stop thinking within the confines of this paradoxical box of ours.

SETI is an example of primitive behavior.
Just because WE hear radio waves doesn't mean other Beings do too.
Maybe they 'read' water.
Or 'hear' rocks.
Or 'see' sound. Or perhaps none of the above and I am way off base still!

So for the OP to apply his behavioral tendencies onto an aliens is very Neanderthal like. That's what I meant.

edit on 6-1-2012 by Human_Alien because: typo

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

I'm a human, if I stop thinking like a human I will cease to think. I don't see the benefit.

I don't mean stop entirety. I mean suspend intermittently.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

lol the confines of a paradox? I think you need to apply a little more human thinking.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If aliens wanted us gone, then we'd be gone.
My opinion is, if there are good aliens out there, their hands are tied because of rules. Of course, this is all just 'theory' on my part. Like not being able to interfere in the workings of an newborn species.
Of course, there has been quite a bit of activity lately, i have yet to see a ufo. I want to believe, i pretty much do. A sighting would seal the deal of course.

Perhaps they are trying, and there are dark forces that we do not know of at work here on our planet. All we can do is speculate. Until conclusive proof is there.. then :/

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

If you're going to quote me then quote me. Don't hand pick certain words
Confines (limiting) of this paradoxical (absurd) box (reality) of ours.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I wasn't being critical of your reply , sry if it came across that way .

Have to know an alien to begin to think like one , I haven't hung around any lately to even speculate how they may or may not think . I hung around with some dis-functional family members that could be alien .

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

That exactly what I did, by ceasing to listen to everyone's opinion and thinking for myself.

Maybe a little background of myself would help you. I have seen many unexplainable things, have had obe's and the like. one of my craziest experiences was when I was staying at a cabin, I was laying on the dock and saw 3 bright flashes in the sky. Shortly after I went inside and got into bed, once in bed the entire room lit up bright blue. I looked out the window and saw that there was a big circle of blue on the ground. I watched as this circle narrowed to a point and disappeared. It was dead silent the whole time.

I have experienced the strange.

and I try to make sense of it.

But its impossible. All I can do is postulate.

And the only way I can do it is by thinking.

And the only way i can think is with my human mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>