It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is this so blatant of soho team?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

youll notice some areas are missing - and they aint uniformed - leads me to beleive soho images are being tampered with.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Visitor
youll notice some areas are missing - and they aint uniformed - leads me to beleive soho images are being tampered with.

How are they not uniform? All the "rectangles" are exactly two squares, or the size of a normal pass. I don't see the issue here?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Sheez. The images were not tampered with. This always happens. They dont always get the full picture when they put the images together.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's problems with a "bakeout" of the CCD equipment. Some of it has been damaged and what you're seeing is the damage.

There's reports of this and details on the SOHO site itself.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Hardly a conspiracy. Astronomers all over the world monitor the sun, and SOHO is not the only solar observatory. If there was something funky going on, we'd hear about it from other countries.

[edit on 11-9-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It's problems with a "bakeout" of the CCD equipment. Some of it has been damaged and what you're seeing is the damage.

There's reports of this and details on the SOHO site itself.sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Hardly a conspiracy. Astronomers all over the world monitor the sun, and SOHO is not the only solar observatory. If there was something funky going on, we'd hear about it from other countries.

thanks for going thru that, i dont find the sun of much interest to my astronomy hobby, but im now more the wiser. Just found it unusual seein that website about sunsails and all... wondered if the images had a mothership or something that the soho guys didnt want us to see :O)

new topics

top topics

join