It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How strong is your belief in the 2012 prophecies?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Prophecies aside I think it's naive not to be mindful of the various aspects of our planet and humanity which appear to be hurtling towards resolution sooner rather than later....

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
My belief is that the prophecies for

People have been making prophecies for many years, and the result is that they are all the same - no more than someone making wild guesses come true.

Just look at some of them

www.2think.org...
transmitters..._revenge.tripod.com/doomsday_list_old.html

10 Failed Doomsday Predictions
www.livescience.com...

46 failed end-of-the-world predictions that were to occur between 30 & 1920 ADE, but didn't.
www.religioustolerance.org...

Top 10 failed apocalyptic predictions
listverse.com...

How many times has "disclosure" been promised?

A much better question is how many have actually come true?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JRedBeard
Prophecies aside I think it's naive not to be mindful of the various aspects of our planet and humanity which appear to be hurtling towards resolution sooner rather than later....

Naive. Ok so you have faith in the 2012 predictions then. Because this is about do you believe in the 2012 predictions or not. It's not about will there be a global distruction or new world order or such in 50 years or something.
edit on 8-1-2012 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
No I don't believe there's anything in the 2012 predictions ..2012 date is to spread fear and confusion into the minds of everyday people i don't believe there is going to be a journey of enlightenment all were doing is shooting at it in the dark we just don't know ..But we should always be prepared for natural disasters / changes to the world as we know the onley thing i see coming is the global money system is headed for a total collapse ..But the world is not coming to an end..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
2012 has got to be the one subject that is COMPLETELY unfounded.

1. the long count wasn't even the Mayan Calender it was the Olmec Calender, Later the Mayans used a couple of words that roughly translate to Base units from the Olmec calender.

2. The picture of the calender everyone keeps using isn't even Mayan or Olmec its Aztec.

Oh and no evidence at all.

Having said that it will be interesting to see what happens come December 21st, I don't know whether a doomsday date has been given this much publicity and build-up before, I won't be surprised to see people spending there life savings and even civil unrest on the night.
edit on 8-1-2012 by Slunk91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

No, it's not about "THE 2012 predictions" for me....

What if something crazy happened that wasn't prophesized? What would you call that?

To be frank it's just that yes I believe the world will change drastically in 2012.
If for no other reason than that it's become a self-fullfilling event.
Which IMO I think is the whole point....

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I do not think it will happen. You know, things do just " happen ". 2012 needs a really long chain reaction of things to be true. It won’t happen in a blink of an eye, we will know before it hits. Just like a gun shot before the bullet hits.

2012 might be the year that something big changes but, so does the year 2013,2014,3076...etc. You can hardly guess the year the world will end let alone pin point the day and month.

I have a small question for you, you who think 2012 is true. How come you think a stone is true about the world ending and not believe the gazillion prediction about others years and other dates?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Lets not get lost in meaningless opinion
Let the Debunkers say what they will
All I know is the World is changing fast and not for the better

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IblisLucifer

Originally posted by IblisLucifer

Knowledge is power
but Belief is what empowers it

whether you believe A] or you don't believe A] and/or believe B] or don't believe B]
really is irrelevant to the truth

OK so I'll put you down as believing in the 2012 prophocies

edit on 7-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

And the truth is Ex nihilo nihil fit
My beliefs are that All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, and meaningless in some sense.
So 2012 is and has begone I know I had champagne as for 2013
talk to me in T-8 611.32837 hours and ill tell you
if im not making out with someones wife
edit on 8-1-2012 by IblisLucifer because: (no reason given)

That's cheating in all aspects
And it looks like the only thing you'll commit to is an affair

And you're right. There's nothing in the prophecies so nothing will come from it.
edit on 8-1-2012 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

It will be fulfilled when i get lucky and shes filled up or still filled but very unlucky if her daddy pulls up in his Chevrolet but i wont be mad at dad if i get beat up what goes around comes around gi-gity

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Personally, I think it's a load of crap. We've been there with all the propecies for this and that. 2000 turned out normal. 2013 will be a facepalm moment for all but the biggest fanatics.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I don't think 2012 prophecies are a total scam, yes some are - but there is too much agreement between all different sources from biblical, numerology, myans, etc. To much to be purely coincidence.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Given that none of those prophecies are backed by objective evidence and facts...ZERO belief. In fact, I'm laughing my ass off listening to those fools buying books and DVDs (or bunkers, lol) while completely ignoring the fact that there's zero rationality and logic behind this nonsense

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I call this bullshyt 99.99% of it, i would say this is 100% bullshyt but nothing is absolute, even the word nothing i just mentioned.

It will be another day!!

BUT BUT! i'll bet on the night of 20th/12/2012 at 11:59pm, those people will be listening to things more clearly then they ever did, and probably pick up something that always been there and say "this is it!, this is the start!" lol or people will pop and be like "yeah, we were off by couple of years, its actually 2014!"

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What I'm really curious about is if nothing special happens (and no, earthquakes and wars aren't special!!)...will we have to go through the same crap again in 2013 and beyond? Will people finally see the light and don't blindly believe stuff that has no proof or evidence as backup? Or will they just push back the date based on some other phoney argument?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I don't believe a word of it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I don't believe a word of it.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Same here.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well, the Mayans Calendar ends on 2012 but everyone knows that and no big deal. In Matthew Ch. 24 they talk about "End of the World" that is how it is worded in the King James. That word "world" translates to "Era" or "Age." December 21 of 2012 we will be in the age of Aquarius and no longer the Christian age of Pisces. Jesus was born in Pisces and on December 21 of 2012 will be the "end of the world" spoken about in Matthew Ch. 24. Its not so much 2012 brings all the cool things but what is cool is the Lunar Eclipses that fall on Jewish Feast days.

Here's a list:

Blood Moons Falling on Feast Days
-First day of Passover April 15, 2014
First day of Tabernacles October 8, 2014
First day of Passover April 4, 2015
First day of Tabernacles September 28, 2015

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You are wise to believe nothing is true concerning the "new age" books, Mayan calender ending, or wave frequency ascention.

However there are 2 prophets on Earth with the purpose of revealing the following truth to mankind.

2012 is the final year of mankind's self rule as influenced by Satan in this age. Jesus Christ is returning this year, he and the 144,000 member Kingdom of God will de-thrown Satan and rule over the multitudes of humanity that survive what is to come (through repentance and obidience to God's laws). I will share the date for the purpose of leading those who seek God to his true church when events in the world cause readers of this posting to return, not because of the OP challenging faith.

May 27th, 2012. Pentecost.

"For Almighty God will do no thing without first revealing it through His servants the prophets."

No one knew the day or the hour, until it was time for God to reveal His timing to His prophets for a great purpose. This is that time. We are almost there. I have total faith in God's plan and this truth, as much as the sky is blue.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I can't assert with any definitive certainty that nothing will happen. What I can say is that I have seen no evidence or supporting information that would at this time convince or persuade me to believe that anything of any significant importance - beyond the norm at least - will happen this year or by its conclusion.

That doesn't mean nothing will, of course. Lots of horrible or momentous things could happen this year. I never would have guessed that 9-11 would happen, or that a massive tsunami would kill between 200,000 and 300,000 people in 2004, or that last year a massive quake and tsunami would destroy large swaths of Japan and lead to the dangerous destruction of nuclear power facilities. Of course, none of those events are of the magnitude suggested by 2012 believers. It does demonstrate that unanticipated events can happen, but that's true of every year.

So I am open to the possibilities, but highly skeptical. And I can't find a credible basis for the scenarios people have suggested personally.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join