It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How strong is your belief in the 2012 prophecies?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Funny how perspectives can differ.

I see it more as I'm open-minded enough to consider others' perspectives but as of this moment, I haven't read or seen anything that is so convincing as to have me shaking in my boots on 12-21-2012. Ask me the same question a few months from now and my perspective might have changed.

No butt protecting here, my friend, merely honesty and nothing more than that.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by steveknows

Funny how perspectives can differ.

I see it more as I'm open-minded enough to consider others' perspectives but as of this moment, I haven't read or seen anything that is so convincing as to have me shaking in my boots on 12-21-2012. Ask me the same question a few months from now and my perspective might have changed.

No butt protecting here, my friend, merely honesty and nothing more than that.

Ask you in a few months
That's cheating

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I believe that this will be the beginning of an era of death, pain, and human suffering. It is my opinion that WW3 is months away. And if that doesn't happen, I believe that a global economic meltdown is very possible. We also have to be concerned with the Natural disasters that seem to be cyclical, and appear to be worsening. We have also become so dependent on Computers that if they suddenly go out we are finished. Not totally, but this will be a very different World. We're going through a cycle of sun spots now. The last time we went through this cycle, we didn't have as many satellites up there, and were not as vulnerable as we are now. I say the chances for BIG change is between now and the next decade.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
In a word, no. The fact that people are supposed to just wake up on the 21st of December and say "ohhh, I get it" and we all just become some great utopian society is about as ridiculous as saying that sentence aloud sounds.
We are changing, waking up, whatever you like to call it though, but we have been for many decades, and will continue to do so for many decades more before we as people start to realise the mess we're in and begin to change it.
Bottom line is every person on this planet feels trapped, boxed in, frustrated with the way things are, and at some point the camel's back will break and only then will people be the change they keep saying they want.
Nothing I've ever read states the Mayans said the end of the world is coming, nor the galactic equator meeting with the earth, yadda-yadda... It just simply states it is the end of one era and the beginning of another, which when stated logically is no different than the end of the 20th century and the beginning of the 21st 12 or so years ago.
I've always believed the fact that we seem to think there is an increase in world disasters over the last 10 years or so is simply because of the speed and volume of information we have literally at our fingertips in this day and age, which is actually the only different factor when considering any other point in history. If there is an earthquake or tsunami on the other side of the world chances are you know someone there, or the media jumps straight on it, and just like that, instant world info.
I have a feeling I'm going to be waking up with a hangover on Jan 1st 2013 just as I have every other year, and toddle off to work to pay my bills and taxes...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackTTC6
I don't know what to believe when it comes to 12-21-12 but i'll have a glock 33 handy just in case.

How romantic!

One man and his glockenspiel against the world.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Scroll down a bit. I think the chief had it right.

casalunademiel.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I doubt it will happen

But the world could surely use some shaking to get people off their seats!!

I won't quit my job, just because of some prophecies.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I have zero faith in any belief in the 2012 prophecies. New Age BS for the gullible 'peace and love' crowd.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hi just posted these comments on another thread much the same

The processional cycle of the equinox's will see the Sun make a galactic alignment with the dark rift centre of the Milky Way approx 21st Dec 2012. At present the Sun rises against the backgorund of the Pisces constellation moving into Aquarius - The Galactic Centre lays between Saggitarius and Scorpio in opposition to this if we look away from the Galactic Centre to the outer arms of the Milky Way this lays between Taurus and Gemini.
However the galactic alignment has been occuring for the last 10 years and will continue so for another 10 years or so - It takes approx 20 years for the Sun to traverse the Galactic Centre in other words.
This alignment is also recorded in Ancient Egyptian text as Zep Tepi which translates as The First Time the fixed stars denoting this time are Leo Aquarius Taurus Gemini
The Milky Way Centre is known as the southern stargate the outer arms as the northern stargate.
In the Celtic Lunar Calendar the 21st of December is known as The Nameless Day
Will it make any difference to us mere mortals or influence our Earth - Well I can see that if we look back at what has occured in the last 10 years then we can expect more of the same the next 10 years though there is sure to be more of a accumalated affect.and no one can really predict for sure - I know there is certainly a lot going on at this point in time both historically and psychically - (please excuse poor grammer)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So is this a poll? Who do you work for?
IS someone interested in getting the temperature of this subject and using it to their advantage?

I have really started to notice a lot of threads asking peoples opinions on current situations. The threads are not sharing a story link, just wanting opinions.

You know the media and the ABC clubs use us, but I'd rather not be a willing participant.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The only thing I believe will come to an end come the end of 2012 is the 2012 forum on ATS.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
Ok. So far most agree with my OP but there no commitment to the 2012 prophecies date though there is belief in a change. It's turning out so far as I thought it would.

edit on 6-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

I'm really lookning for people who will state No I don't believe there's anything in the 2012 predictions or Yes I will state clearly that I believe.

Why would people respond to this the way you want them to?
You are clearly going to mock them or make fun of them at their expense. Why don't you make a thread about religion? That is a belief based on writings of man as well. Who knows, 2000 years and scientology could be the dominant religion. Thumbs down for making a thread specifically designed to mock people. I thought people on here had some class.
Oh yes, I do believe in a great change in 2012, and have prepared for it (as much as I can), but I sure as hell hope that nothing happens.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hypothetical : lets say world war 3 breaks out, and the entire of the northern hemisphere gets bombed (for instance)
the whys and hows, and whether Iran or north korea do it etc dont matter, or whether the CIA secretly planned it doesnt matter... and if it did happen then it still would not be the end of the world.

I am spiritual, but I can agnostically say that in this scenario it doesnt matter if there is a god, as its highly more probable that it will be humans that cause any problems we might face in 2012.

I believe the date assigned to the mayan calender may be a modern construct. Some body of people wants us to think about that date. The occultist may be warning us, as this is part of their game?

I believe something will happen in 2012, a 3 day supernova in orion? 3 days of darkness - im not so sure.

9 billion dead ? nuclear attacks? Japan evacuated? agnostic.

Ill be waiting for signs and if and when i see signs Ill know what to do.

2012 a year to be wary of, but not infatuated with.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
^ Bleh why does it have to be the northern hemisphere!?

I really dont think the Mayan writings were actually meant to be predictions at all. I mean, wasn't it their agricultural harvest calendar? Maybe they just ran out of stone to plan ahead? Maybe they figured that planning several thousand years into the future was enough?

One thing I do find disturbing is that amount and occurrence of weird devastating weather lately (in the last few years) and I cant decide if its really a portent to some catastrophic event or if its always been like this and we just never really heard about until worldwide media got going in the last few decades. I guess we will know for sure come December 2012 because really at the end of the day, there isn't much we can do about it.

I would like to be away from the city at that time though. Maybe I'll head further north to cottage country and at least if poop hits the fan I'll be in a nice setting.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by steveknows
Ok. So far most agree with my OP but there no commitment to the 2012 prophecies date though there is belief in a change. It's turning out so far as I thought it would.

I'm really lookning for people who will state No I don't believe there's anything in the 2012 predictions or Yes I will state clearly that I believe.

Why would people respond to this the way you want them to?
You are clearly going to mock them or make fun of them at their expense. Why don't you make a thread about religion? That is a belief based on writings of man as well. Who knows, 2000 years and scientology could be the dominant religion. Thumbs down for making a thread specifically designed to mock people. I thought people on here had some class.
Oh yes, I do believe in a great change in 2012, and have prepared for it (as much as I can), but I sure as hell hope that nothing happens.

That is a very lame cop out. Point to one post where someone had said they believe in the 2012 prophecies and I've mocked them. I don't believe in it and I think it's a joke as I have shown in my OP but I have not once mocked anyone's post when stating they believe in it. If you could actually read you'd see the people I'm mocking are the one's who are fence sitters that's becuase they're ignoring the context of the OP and that itself mostly humour. Please go and troll somewhere else and stop projecting your negative mindset onto other people.
edit on 7-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dissident1987
I believe that this will be the beginning of an era of death, pain, and human suffering. It is my opinion that WW3 is months away. And if that doesn't happen, I believe that a global economic meltdown is very possible. We also have to be concerned with the Natural disasters that seem to be cyclical, and appear to be worsening. We have also become so dependent on Computers that if they suddenly go out we are finished. Not totally, but this will be a very different World. We're going through a cycle of sun spots now. The last time we went through this cycle, we didn't have as many satellites up there, and were not as vulnerable as we are now. I say the chances for BIG change is between now and the next decade.

So do you have faith in the 2012 prophecies?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas
Hypothetical : lets say world war 3 breaks out, and the entire of the northern hemisphere gets bombed (for instance)
the whys and hows, and whether Iran or north korea do it etc dont matter, or whether the CIA secretly planned it doesnt matter... and if it did happen then it still would not be the end of the world.

I am spiritual, but I can agnostically say that in this scenario it doesnt matter if there is a god, as its highly more probable that it will be humans that cause any problems we might face in 2012.

I believe the date assigned to the mayan calender may be a modern construct. Some body of people wants us to think about that date. The occultist may be warning us, as this is part of their game?

I believe something will happen in 2012, a 3 day supernova in orion? 3 days of darkness - im not so sure.

9 billion dead ? nuclear attacks? Japan evacuated? agnostic.

Ill be waiting for signs and if and when i see signs Ill know what to do.

2012 a year to be wary of, but not infatuated with.

So is that a yes a that you believe in the 2012 prophecies?
edit on 7-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Hi just posted these comments on another thread much the same

The processional cycle of the equinox's will see the Sun make a galactic alignment with the dark rift centre of the Milky Way approx 21st Dec 2012. At present the Sun rises against the backgorund of the Pisces constellation moving into Aquarius - The Galactic Centre lays between Saggitarius and Scorpio in opposition to this if we look away from the Galactic Centre to the outer arms of the Milky Way this lays between Taurus and Gemini.
However the galactic alignment has been occuring for the last 10 years and will continue so for another 10 years or so - It takes approx 20 years for the Sun to traverse the Galactic Centre in other words.
This alignment is also recorded in Ancient Egyptian text as Zep Tepi which translates as The First Time the fixed stars denoting this time are Leo Aquarius Taurus Gemini
The Milky Way Centre is known as the southern stargate the outer arms as the northern stargate.
In the Celtic Lunar Calendar the 21st of December is known as The Nameless Day
Will it make any difference to us mere mortals or influence our Earth - Well I can see that if we look back at what has occured in the last 10 years then we can expect more of the same the next 10 years though there is sure to be more of a accumalated affect.and no one can really predict for sure - I know there is certainly a lot going on at this point in time both historically and psychically - (please excuse poor grammer)

So is that a no for the 2012 prohecies?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This thread is actually really interesting... The number of people with a poo-poo opinion of '2012' in this thread is surprising to me.

I think that the amount of information available to people on Earth has completely transformed the human experience in a profound way in an extremely short amount of time.
This information explosion is changing everything we know about science, history, religion, culture, everything.
The nature of information itself has changed.
People can catch up with the rest of the world and previous generations exponentially quicker than before.
Yesterday's best guesses and common knowledge are today's reality.
Today's dreams, speculations and hypothesis are tomorrow's reality.
It's my opinion that people are starting to take responsibility not only for their vision of the future, but reality itself.
The exponentiality of the movement of this knowledge seems to be snowballing towards a singularity.

It doesn't seem to matter if its astronomy, climate, religion, history, politics, geology, physics...
It's not just that our best and brightest are the most informed they've ever been.
It's that the masses are also the most AWARE they've ever been...even when ill informed.

I'm confident that even if "IT" doesn't happen.... WE will make it happen

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by invaliduser

It has to be the northern hemisphere because if you think that its the (illuminati) plan to de-populate the world then it stands to reason that if they were to bomb the northern hemisphere (which is where 90% of the people of this earth live) they would have more success.

What if the illuminati have been hiding secret tessla technology and other newer inventions? perhaps even back engineered from alien technology?

Inst it possible they plan to de pop the earth and then create a sort of future Atlantis? where they release all the tech to a much more manageable population of people, a people who will be more likely to take the rfid chip too?

In reply to do I believe in 2012 prophecies? Im Agnostic, I suspend my disbelief, then sleep soundly with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join